What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will we play in the GF?

Very open comp this season.

A lot of the top 4 Clubs of last season have lost a lot of key talent.

Most clubs have not much depth to their roster.

I like the youthfulness of our squad and there’s sufficient experience in most areas.

Only concern for me is hooker. Will Brailey last the season?

Not much behind him if he doesn’t.

ghoti

Bench
Yeeaaahhh...I see us in the bottom of the eight...maybe a bit cynical, but I'm not heaps convinced everyone's happy in that squad and hooker depth, Moylan in and out with injury, Johnson and Townsend's unpredictable form... all makes me worry a bit.

I think Souths will underperform...Latrell coming in as a fullback for the first time a couple months before the season will take em a while to adjust...he doesn't do a whole lot of work at centre so I'm not sure how he'll cope with all the running of fullback? Hope he had a huge off-season!

Roosters are hard to imagine them being anywhere but up top, Storm will always be close to the Top 4 somehow... Raiders I really hope hold it together.. dunno who the surprise packets are gonna be. Actually kinda looking forward to this season f

What will Souths do for a backline if somebody calls walkabout? I think this is the first fully indig line for an NRL club ever. Even 3 back ups are Indig.

snout

First Grade
Souffs..haha.

A deadset rabble.

With a coach whos teams fold after round 22.

What will Souths do for a backline if somebody calls walkabout? I think this is the first fully indig line for an NRL club ever. Even 3 back ups are Indig.
Adam Reynolds isn’t indig. His wife is and thus his kids are but no he isn’t.
Walker, Gagai, Roberts and Mitchell, who else is in their backline?

Adam Reynolds isn’t indig. His wife is and thus his kids are but no he isn’t.
Walker, Gagai, Roberts and Mitchell, who else is in their backline?
Yeah right thought he was.
Those 4 , plus the fox who is all but there, Alex Johnston, Braidon Burns, Cory deniss & I think Corey Allan . Douehe is gone to Tigers. Apparently Bryson Goodwin is playing again.

So you back line will be walker , Roberts, Fox, Burns, Gagai, Latrell.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Yeah right thought he was.
Those 4 , plus the fox who is all but there, Alex Johnston, Braidon Burns, Cory deniss & I think Corey Allan . Douehe is gone to Tigers. Apparently Bryson Goodwin is playing again.

So you back line will be walker , Roberts, Fox, Burns, Gagai, Latrell.

Alex Johnston is Indigenous I believe

Quigs

Immortal
I've resigned myself to one.

I was there, that is all.

Yes (although I was not there) I don't think I will be around for another 50 or 51 years to see the next one.

One win was all we needed. Shame it didn't happen back in 73 or 78 that's all.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yes (although I was not there) I don't think I will be around for another 50 or 51 years to see the next one.

One win was all we needed. Shame it didn't happen back in 73 or 78 that's all.

I would have preferred to have celebrated one in my mid 20's, when I could party for days and days in a row.. Can't do that with out special assistance these days :p 88' I was 22, we really had a good chance that year, 99' was the other noted one at 33. maybe in 2 years time at 55? I'm close to not giving a shit these days tbh.

Inferno

Coach
Without Burgess I don't think their pack will have the same sting to it. The other forwards really looked to him as a leader.

wibble

Bench
Very open comp this season.

A lot of the top 4 Clubs of last season have lost a lot of key talent.

Most clubs have not much depth to their roster.

I like the youthfulness of our squad and there’s sufficient experience in most areas.

Only concern for me is hooker. Will Brailey last the season?

Not much behind him if he doesn’t.

Super open comp. I agree, top teams not quite as good as last year, rest have caught up a bit (except Gold Coast, who look even worse now than at the start of last season, if possible).

Brailey is definitely our biggest concern. He seems a talent, but playing parts of the season for 20 minute stints is a far cry from being a regular 50-80 minute hooker, starting at NRL level against fresh packs.