What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Silent Knight

First Grade
No hesitation in taking Doueihi, that would be a coup.

Massive no thanks to Johnston though. But hey Obi is the coach so I'll support whatever decision he makes.

Has anyone asked Barry Toohey if there is any truth to these rumours?

PhilGould

Bench
“Not to be cocky but I’ve always thought I was better than a lot of the hookers in the NRL but I thought I was never given a fair chance to show it,” Levi said. “This fresh start will give me a chance.

“I’m playing for a contract. Whether it’s at Manly or somewhere else. I want to do the best for the team. They’ve got a really good team and are premiership contenders. For me to try and get into that team will be awesome.”

“It was hard at times,” Levi said. “I always thought I did enough to deserve to be in first grade. I can’t control certain things. It does take its toll but it’s part of rugby league.

“There were some really challenging times when I thought I was doing enough to play first grade and then all of a sudden I was dropped."

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/a1d9fb40df4bafdee15d4c6539eb4bd2

Frederick

Staff member
“Not to be cocky but I’ve always thought I was better than a lot of the hookers in the NRL but I thought I was never given a fair chance to show it,”

tenor.gif

He has ample opportunity to show his wares. Instead he showed how shit he was. Always went for the glory, never wanted to be a team player

giphy.gif

83 games in 5 years isn't a fair chance to prove that he's better than most hookers in the NRL?

I can't even remember one game that made me think he's one of the best. First grade standard at times sure, but that's it.

Yosh

Coach
I don't know much about Doueihi. Can someone enlighten me a little?

How would some rank him against the outside backs we got now?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Levi is pretty deluded if he thinks that he’s better than most of the hookers in the NRL. If he played his best every week I’d probably put him in the top half but how often did we see his best? Someone mentioned that he played 85 games for us and I reckon out of all those games he probably played 10 really good ones and that’s being generous.

The fact is he’s not the strongest defender and doesn’t have a kicking game which are two pre-requisites for the modern day hooker. His service from DH can be a little bit wild at times and he was way too prone to brain explosions, penalties in the ruck and selfish plays being the main ones.

Now that Levi is gone my hope for Brailey is that he can deliver a consistent 7/10 performance each week and that will free up Pearce, Ponga and Watson to do their thing.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Levi is pretty deluded if he thinks that he’s better than most of the hookers in the NRL. If he played his best every week I’d probably put him in the top half but how often did we see his best? Someone mentioned that he played 85 games for us and I reckon out of all those games he probably played 10 really good ones and that’s being generous.

The fact is he’s not the strongest defender and doesn’t have a kicking game which are two pre-requisites for the modern day hooker. His service from Fake can be a little bit wild at times and he was way too prone to brain explosions, penalties in the ruck and selfish plays being the main ones.

Now that Levi is gone my hope for Brailey is that he can deliver a consistent 7/10 performance each week and that will free up Pearce, Ponga and Watson to do their thing.
Should we also add that he has never been an 80 minute player for the time he has been at the Knights?!

Still Nutty

Juniors
Doesn't matter anyway, Obi and McKinnon rubbished the rumour today apparently lol
Can we have a gentleman's agreement on this forum that anything purported by the hack with a name that starts with 'M' does not qualify for this thread as it can not be categorised as a true RUMOUR...

If we want to add a thread for delusional, made up nonsense then I think we could name that the 'Thread for he who shall not be named (or believed)' and put it all in there.

Knight Vision

First Grade
It was well publicised at the Dogs how much Des wanted his dummy halves to just stick to the gameplan and not run from dummy half. He may try to murder Levi.
Very true. Licha had huge raps on him before going to the Dogs and Des ( apparently ) changed his style of play to suit the team and now you no longer hear of Licha.