What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our New Golf Club

Supported at the AGM by the members. unanimous.
We own 12,000 square metres aside to the club. Purchase price $4 odd million
Independent developer valuations have it at closer to $12 mil

Future profits estimated at over $1 mil
Add another $200k profit by flying without a CEO

Things looking very good in that department.

Quigs

Immortal
Benny would be handy when it came time for a drop shot in golf. Worth an inquiry to see if he is interested.

taipan

Referee
I hope this leads to ,where Bruno Cullen once noted after doing a post ASADA audit if my memory is correct),"based on my review of their future plans, this club has the potential to become among the top 3 or 4 financially strong in the NRL" or words to that effect.
So on that basis ,surely it is better for our club to Tee off ,than p*ss off.

I hope this leads to ,where Bruno Cullen once noted after doing a post ASADA audit if my memory is correct),"based on my review of their future plans, this club has the potential to become among the top 3 or 4 financially strong in the NRL" or words to that effect.
So on that basis ,surely it is better for our club to Tee off ,than p*ss off.
Golf clubs don't make money mate. Too much area, too few participants at any one time.
The registered clubs are full of tightarses.
The future of the club is in functions. Its a shame we wont own the hotel at the ground because it could be leased to a group like Accor or perhaps there is potential for a hotel at kareela?
Anyway, we own the land there now & its a great investment & cant be spent wasted on the likes of Arrow, Mitchell etc.

carinashark

First Grade
Valued at 12m and sold to us for 4m, you really believe that? I love the idea of owning it though.

carcharias

Immortal
89AA8B70-F7A0-4BA1-B551-F0D0950D2B86.jpeg

35ADEE58-4514-43A6-B920-3846A233CD7A.jpeg

6CBD128B-7E47-44E1-B059-1C2B072214BD.jpeg

This is the down stairs function room
My band did a wedding here just before Xmas.

pretty big room.

taipan

Referee
Golf clubs don't make money mate. Too much area, too few participants at any one time.
The registered clubs are full of tightarses.
The future of the club is in functions. Its a shame we wont own the hotel at the ground because it could be leased to a group like Accor or perhaps there is potential for a hotel at kareela?
Anyway, we own the land there now & its a great investment & cant be spent wasted on the likes of Arrow, Mitchell etc.

Understand that champ ,functions do help a hell of a lot, but even having a few of those dreaded pokies on hand gives revenue a lift. That has been the case with quite a few pubs ,the pokies being the cream..
Been to this Kareela club about 4 times, one for a function grandkid's guitar concert ,a wedding reception
and two dinners.
Give pokies the miss .But pay my way, part from being a ticket holder at games for yonks, always took my mob along to the bistro for meals many times.
We'd need a payout of $150m from the developers even to entertain owning the Hotel at Shark Park.

Just want this new asset to give us some more dosh, we tend to f*ck up when it comes to taking on coaches, world beating players and making the Leagues club an attractive entertainment centre.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Knowing how we can turn gold to sh*t, our luck some golfer gets struck by lightning only to find out we didnt have insurance to cover it

shadowboxer

First Grade
Its a developer valuation
For example, the old site at the leagues club was valued at $4 million. Developers valued it at more than $30 mil. All it took was for a rezoning. One approvall, BOOM.
10 years ago I would have laughed at this analogy, but today with a weak knee-d council and a money hungry mayor with more thumbs in more pies - it is totally do-able. And if this fails, just go above their heads to the land and environment court who will override them anyway

Quicksilver

Bench
10 years ago I would have laughed at this analogy, but today with a weak knee-d council and a money hungry mayor with more thumbs in more pies - it is totally do-able. And if this fails, just go above their heads to the land and environment court who will override them anyway

It’s more the state government than the council

Craigshark

First Grade
Looks like we’re trying to buy a bowling club in coffs.. from the chairmans address.

In some very exciting news, the Club has progressed discussions for a potential amalgamation with Park Beach Bowling Club in Coffs Harbour. The Club was formed in 1959 and is now a medium sized Bowling Club with three grass greens, 66 gaming machines, food and beverage outlets and around 3,500 members, of which 312 are Bowling Members.

Whilst we still have some work to do, we will be aiming to get this to a vote of our members at some time in the near future. As we did with Kareela Golf Club, we will be scheduling information sessions for our Members on the Park Beach Bowling Club amalgamation and what this opportunity means for the Cronulla Sharks and for Park Beach Bowling Club. We will advise further details on the information sessions once we have approval from Park Beach Bowling Club to take this opportunity to a vote.