What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Roosters get a three-peat?

Will the Roosters get a three-peat?

• Yes

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters

Xcalibre

Juniors
They’ll be lucky to make the top 4 but pretty good chance of making the 8. Snowflake’s chance of winning another trophy though.

It’s very amusing reading Roosters fans trying to convince themselves they’re still a great team.

TheDalek079

Bench
Lol. Roosters are favorites with the betting agencies, yet opposition fans are trying to decide themselves into thinking that Easts are only a Panthersesque quality

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Lol. Roosters are favorites with the betting agencies, yet opposition fans are trying to decide themselves into thinking that Easts are only a Panthersesque quality

You know how LU logic works, The Roosters are not a great team, the players are all overrated, won't make the top 4, but are over the cap as they have all the best players.

Xcalibre

Juniors
You know how LU logic works, The Roosters are not a great team, the players are all overrated, won't make the top 4, but are over the cap as they have all the best players.

Goes the same for the cocks fans, but opposite. Think they are the best team since 1908. Surely losing two crucial players and replacing them with a rookie and old man Brett, would weaken a team, but not the mighty chooks!

Zadar

Juniors
Goes the same for the cocks fans, but opposite. Think they are the best team since 1908. Surely losing two crucial players and replacing them with a rookie and old man Brett, would weaken a team, but not the mighty chooks!

The roosters are weakened by losing Cronk and latrell, yet on paper, the balance of their backs,forwards and halves, along with their coach, is still easily a top 4 team, because have that many teams actually improved that much to challenge for the top 4?

Injuries,origin and hunger may all play a part, but that is the case for most of the teams.

I for one, wouldn’t mind the roosters not being in the top 8, to not have the cost and stress of finals football for once, might be a nice time to just relax for an extra month of the year.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The roosters are weakened by losing Cronk and latrell, yet on paper, the balance of their backs,forwards and halves, along with their coach, is still easily a top 4 team, because have that many teams actually improved that much to challenge for the top 4?

Injuries,origin and hunger may all play a part, but that is the case for most of the teams.

I for one, wouldn’t mind the roosters not being in the top 8, to not have the cost and stress of finals football for once, might be a nice time to just relax for an extra month of the year.
My heart absolutely bleeds for you.

Valheru

Coach

I don't think a single roosters fan would say we aren't weakened by the loss of those 2 players.

TheDalek079

Bench
Yeah we are weakened but we still have a team good enough to win the title again. It's simple, yet the dumb opposition fans can't comprehend it.

This Year?

Immortal
If the Roosters do get a three-peat, will the NRL be dead like SOO was when NSW did their three-peat?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Huh?

We've just lost the best halfback and the best centre in the game so of course we're weaker.

I don't think many would doubt that we still have the best team on paper. But title's aren't won on paper and I can't see us mustering the requisite mental fortitude to win another Premiership in the face of a fiercely hungry horde of rivals.

And then there's also injuries to contend with, which have already been horrible to us before a ball has been kicked.

I think the Prelim final is as far as we get; which would still be an excellent season.

MKCS

Juniors
Brett played a game at centre for the Roosters last year in the World Club Challenge and he was fine. Ideally I'd like them to sign someone else or play Ikuvalu in the centres but I think Brett is a fine short term option to buy the Roosters some time. Flanagan played well last year for the Sharks and I don't think the Roosters would've picked him up to be Cronk's replacement if they didn't see serious potential in him.

I do recall last year plenty of people were saying no chance the Roosters go back to back. Statistics weren't in their favour, Fergo, Napa and Matterson were going to severely weaken us, Cronk's broken shoulder would limit him etc etc. Obviously we know what happened.

Will they win this year? Obviously nobody knows for sure but I think they certainly could. Everyone in the media is blabbering on about how good Souths team is but they lack a lot in the forwards whilst the Roosters still have one of the best packs in the comp. Our backline is still strong even with Latrell leaving whilst we still do have an Australian representative half in our halves.

If Flanagan plays like he did last year in spurts for the Sharks, we remain injury free and the Roosters can find a suitable replacement for Latrell in time then I'd say we're definitely once again contenders.

Latest posts