What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex Glenn announced as Captain

League guru

Juniors
Congratulations to Lexy on being announced as the 2020 Club Captain. A long overdue and well deserved appointment.
This is an interesting selection. I like Glenn as a player, who has been consistently good over a long career and will lead by example. However, at one stage it looked they would not resign him and I doubt that he is on big money. With the demise of Boyd and McCulloch the coach had limited options as they do not have a lot of players that could fill the role who are guaranteed starters every week. They would not be brave enough the pick Lodge (due to the flack they would receive) and Milford is a waste of space. Player wise the Bronks aren't as strong as they would like you to believe. Glenn by default.

Big Pete

Referee
A well deserved selection.

From everything I've seen, he certainly has the charisma of a captain and he's a good figurehead for the club to have. No controversy, is excellent with the media and he's one of the most consistent performers at the club.

DeeJ

Bench
Glenn is certainly the best choice by default. Kind of a sign of how far things have come, Broncos captains were always QLD & Australian reps - the best of the best, now the best option is a loyal club man - I won't count Glenn as a NZ rep anymore and he has not represented them in years

He is the logical choice due to his consistency, but he is not brilliant. I hope we just don't have another Boyd, Gidley, etc situation where the captain retains his starting spot, despite many other players surpassing him. Fifita may be very close to that already.

Bronco18

Juniors
He is the logical choice due to his consistency, but he is not brilliant. I hope we just don't have another Boyd, Gidley, etc situation where the captain retains his starting spot, despite many other players surpassing him. Fifita may be very close to that already.

Fifita surely starts, especially as we’ve got a battle to keep him.

TPJ may have to play bench or lock.

DeeJ

Bench
Fifita surely starts, especially as we’ve got a battle to keep him.

TPJ may have to play bench or lock.

I have a feeling it will be 11. Glenn, 12. Fifita, 13. TPJ like at the start of last season.

It's a shame since TPJ was so destructive on the right, but I like him in the middle with his offloads as well.

League guru

Juniors
I have a feeling it will be 11. Glenn, 12. Fifita, 13. TPJ like at the start of last season.

It's a shame since TPJ was so destructive on the right, but I like him in the middle with his offloads as well.
TPJ really needs to get his fitness and discipline in order. Otherwise he will be just another young forward on big dough because of his so called potential. He likes to play the tough guy but his consistency is lacking.

blaza88z

Coach
It obviously means a lot to him, he choked up at the press conference when accepting the position.

You don't mind seeing that as a fan.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If I was coaching Brisbane, Glenn wouldn't even make my starting side. My pack would be
13 Flegler
12 Pangai
11 Fifita
10 Lodge
9 McCollouch
8 Haas

Carrigan would be next cab off the rank for a starting spot, with Pangai moving to lock.

I think the above pack is as good as any in the comp and possibly the best. I already rate Haas the number 1 prop in the game and Fifita the number 1 secondrower in the game. I also have a very high opinion of Pangai. He was very good at second row 2 years ago. Lodge could press NSW this year. Turpin could also take McCollouch spot before the season is out.

Nerd

Bench
I'm happy with Glenn as captain. To be honest anyone but Boyd I'm happy with.

Latest posts