What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: South Africa v England at Johannesburg, Jan 24-28 2020

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wouldn't be surprised Poms take series out 3-1 here

Fafs last test on home soil? Time to go, he has been horrid with the bat

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28521310/wanderers-my-last-home-test-admits-faf-du-plessis

Faf du Plessis has admitted that the fourth Test of the series against England at the Wanderers could be his last on home soil.

South Africa's recent returns, du Plessis age and form, and the upcoming schedule present three compelling reasons for du Plessis to sign off next week.

His team have lost seven of their last eight Tests, du Plessis is 35, has not scored a century in more than a year and averages 21.25 in 12 innings since October 2019.

TheParraboy

Staff member
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/f8e4a9dbdc1f1bc2c935d286ec2f5eb0

Ben Stokes has been caught on camera abusing a South African fan

58c6b4e5a5989b02276ba03c1502add8

BEN STOKES launched a foul-mouthed tirade at a spectator after allegedly being called a ‘ginger c***’ and compared to Ed Sheeran.

The superstar all-rounder was picked up on TV telling the fan: “Come and say it to me outside the ground, you f***** four-eyed c***.”

He could now be in trouble with match referee Andy Pycroft.

Stokes was caught in the slips off Anrich Nortje for just two and was clearly angry and frustrated at getting out.

As he was about to enter the players’ tunnel at the Wanderers ground - known locally as the Bullring - Stokes turned his head to his right and shouted at a man who looked to be in his 30s.

Spectators in the area claimed the man was drunk and had made a comment about singer Ed Sheeran, who has ginger hair like Stokes.

Sheeran was Stokes’ celebrity supporter when he was named BBC Sports Personality of the Year in December.

Stokes then gestured with his hand and appeared to say: “Come and say it to me outside the ground, you f***** four-eyed c***.”

The words were heard by mics used by the host broadcaster Supersport, whose coverage is taken by Sky in the UK. Sky later apologised if any viewers heard any offensive language.

In a Twitter statement after the close of play, Stokes said: “I wish to apologise for my language that was heard on the live broadcast today after my dismissal.

“I should not have reacted in that way. As I was leaving the playing area, I was subjected to repeated abuse from the crowd.

“I admit that my reaction was unprofessional, and I sincerely apologise for the language I used, especially to the many young fans watching the live telecast around the world.

“Throughout the Tests so far, the support from both sets of fans (England and South Africa) has been brilliant. One incident will not ruin such a competitive series, which we are determined to win.”

Mr Spock!

Referee
Lol... Stokes is too good to be a pom.

Meanwhile England are batting after getting South Africa out 217 behind.

Are we seeing the death of test cricket?

Latest posts