What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Where does it say all players?

DL do u honestly believe there would not be friction between players, their partners, the club etc surrounding this charge? Or should I say multiple charges

If this happened in ur street

Ur neighbour did what has been charged

U would be happy to just keep chatting and keep having bbq?

Let's get real

The rumours of disgruntled players holds way my water then s bunch of idiots sweeping it under the carpet

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dr...trife-and-boycott-threat-20191007-p52yca.html

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
mate no one knows if some players were silent.......

do you really think they had to sign off individually........not a snow flakes chance

most people I know said it was perfectly orchestrated PR for the Dragons to get fairer terms re the relief of sal dispensation

but neither u or i know for sure either way

from ur article

"Gould interviewed nine players and concluded, according to media reports, the club did not have a defining DNA"

hhmmmmmn they didnt know whether to go to the bbq or not...........that is a shame.......i thought u were arguing that they all sang from the same hymn sheet ?

nice side step on the bbq test..........its the reality the players have faced this year and one i know where i stand

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Absolutely blm
They are all fair comments

Yet it was only rumours that ALL players wanted to abort the game and only rumours that there has been SOME very disgruntled players

Equally both sides of the argument are valid - a 50kg fenale 19yr old who is in an apartment with two footballers and has had police reports leaked of significant bruising / sexual assault and also the story of two guys in the apartment that have said they are innocent of the charges

My comments still stand

If your neighbour has these charges and u are privy like we are to the info released / leaked so far ..... . is he coming to your bbq on Australia day this month or will u wait until mid Feb to make your decision?

These are the questions that the dragons players are have had to make decisions on for almost 12 months, week in week out.....socially and at the club training........not easy at all when in a team seeing each other 5 to 6 days per week and someone is committed to stand trial for five charges of aggravated sexual assault. Very dividing.

Not easy when we know that only 1/10 cases such as above have formal charges laid due lack of evidence in the main to proceed

Not easy when their partners of players question where do they stand ? Ie would they put themself in the same situation while their partner is pregnant ?

Not easy when every week the players assess themselves on whether they are meeting the club standards and you question your commitment and your team mates commitment to the club values and standards

Sounds like he is coming to ur bbq on australia day this month but not mine. I don't have any steak knives left.......

I'm fairly confident the rumours of disgruntled players holds up _ it would be un natural otherwise and maybe a genuine reason for some contract delays

No I may not invite him or be his best mate but I have to live next to him and probably still choose to say hello and go on with life
In regards to socially hanging around and chewing the fat with him maybe you are right and some chose not to as well as being under pressure from their partners.
But some of his close mates and officials at the club as you would expect have stuck by him
Not everyone gets on with everyone..even at our club.
But when it comes to going to work.....they have to and put all that behind them and my comments relate to players paying below par on field and some wanting out of the joint.
I do not believe it is all JDB's fault infact as I said before I have spoken to a few insiders that will stand by that it is not the catalyst for the poor onfield 2019 season stuff and supposedly want to boycott playing for the club if he is proved innocent and the club resigns him past 2020.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
your last sentence re JDBs Fault
I am certainly not saying that our performance of second last on the table was JDBs fault only.....i never said that nor inferred it

Wayne Bennett did..... but not me

Im saying that it has massively complicated players lives at the club on where they stand on such an aweful matter.......and divided opinions, managers, contracts etc for some......but not all

There are many factors that have lead to poor performance and I am not looking for only one issue to blame.

BLM01

First Grade
your last sentence re JDBs Fault
I am certainly not saying that our performance of second last on the table was JDBs fault only.....i never said that nor inferred it

Wayne Bennett did..... but not me

Im saying that it has massively complicated players lives at the club on where they stand on such an aweful matter.......and divided opinions, managers, contracts etc for some......but not all

There are many factors that have lead to poor performance and I am not looking for only one issue to blame.
Lets agree to disagree re the impact on massively complicating some players lives at the club and their performance and want to be there
Wayne Bennett has got nothing to do with our club so his opinion is just that as yours or mine.
I think you are massively overstating the impact of the whole JDB thing. So I am between Zero impact and where you stand but closer to Zero. But...to each their own

BLM01

First Grade
A couple of points here.
1. Friz is contracted for 2020 and not even back at training yet. There are a few things niggling him, the coaching situation is one. He's not in any hurry to make a decision and neither should he be. You cant hold a gun to his head to re-sign and to infer a 'good' recruitement manager would have signed him up already is whimsical at the very least. He's his own man we dint hold him on a leash. The last I heard is that, with clarification on a few things, he is keen to sign on again. Its probably his last contract so he's looking for stability more than dollars (although $$$ is important of course).
2. No one is 'defending' Millward at all. What people are referring to mostly centres around what he has to work with. This refers to what was the cap situation when he took over and how the 1st grade side performs. Once the Dragons were a magnet for quality players, nowadays it more of a retirement package.
3. We have managed to secure most of our up and coming juniors as well as poach a few from other clubs. This pount is always conveniently ignored. Considering point 2 above, this wasnt easy. To say they were an 'easy' signings or re-signings is ludicrous. Big money clubs were after a few of them.
4. The JDB situation, thankfully, will be resolved before season starts, this will have an impact on many aspects of our 2020 season.
5. Just back to point 2. A couple of very promising players were really keen to sign with us, but were put off by the 'standard of play' and the 'roadblocks' put in place in 1st grade.
6. As far as I'm aware, thus is the 3rd year straight our "head' coach has been scrutinised as being 'under pressure' to keep his job. Yet he survives, even with poor results and breaking all the wrong records. I doubt this time he will. And wether its Flanno or another, they will bring much needed resuscitation to our team.
7. The new CEO, whoever that maybe, hopefully has balls enough to make the hard decisions, especially referring to point 6 and that a favourite son is not shoehorned into the top role.

These are just some points, I could go on ad nauseam, but I think you all get my drift.
Frizz did return to training a week or 2 before XMAS. He did the rock climbing thing also recently with a selected few

BLM01

First Grade
Why would he be in any rush to resign...he should at least wait till at least round 10, we should know by then who is coaching us for rest of this year.
Disagree...only to the point that I have heard it is about done and he will stay and it is what I am expecting, but it needs to be signed off and announced prior to season starting to avoid the media circus and a potential Mary excuse distraction. Mary is starting to be phased out quietly and without fuss.

Old Timer

Coach
Disagree...only to the point that I have heard it is about done and he will stay and it is what I am expecting, but it needs to be signed off and announced prior to season starting to avoid the media circus and a potential Mary excuse distraction. Mary is starting to be phased out quietly and without fuss.
2 year phase out done quietly and without fuss just what we need.
Our move on the coach is just about as dynamic as our backline.

possm

Coach
He want be head coach by August by name only he is gone.
Sooner the better
Why is it always OK for us to waste a season before considering to sack this dud coach who has failed ever since he was first appointed.

I hope our new CEO will approach the NRL with regards to shortening Flanagan's suspension as one of his first tasks. Appointing Dean Young as head coach may put us in a worse position than what we are in now.

getsmarty

Immortal
frizell_rc1_8308.jpg

DRAGONS

Frizell hopes to ink new Dragons deal before season kick-off
Author
Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Sat 1 Feb 2020, 07:33 AM
walterbrad-head.png

Kangaroos forward Tyson Frizell hopes to finalise his future with St George Illawarra before the start of the season.

Frizell, who is in the final year of his contract with the Dragons, said he wanted to continue playing for his junior club and confirmed negotiations were underway for a new deal.

"I have been in negotiations and hopefully I can have that sorted out sometime soon," Frizell said. "I am able to talk to other clubs at the moment but hopefully it is here.

"I'd like to do it before the season starts but these things do take time as well so I understand that from the club's point of view. The sooner I can get it out of the way the better it is for myself and for the club as well."

The 28-year-old second-rower said he was fully fit after a horror run with injuries in 2019, which began when Frizell suffered a ruptured testicle during the opening-round match in Townsville, and he has put his hand up to play in the NRL Nines at Perth's Optus Stadium.

remote.axd

Five key match-ups of the Dragons' 2020 draw

The Dragons have been training hard under the direction of new strength and conditioning coach Adrian Jimenez, and players welcomed the opportunity to get away from WIN Stadium for two days on the club's South Coast bushfire relief tour.

With former NSW Origin forward Trent Merrin returning and Issac Luke, Brayden Williame and Tyrell Fuimaono joining the club, the Dragons have greater depth but are still on the lookout for an experienced winger.

"It is good to have Mez back, we all know that he loves the club and he is a big part of the club," Frizell said of Merrin.

"He is looking forward to putting the jersey on again, and getting back to playing the footy he knows he can play.

"Issac, Bradyen and Tyrell are quality players so it is good to have those guys in the squad. They will all be pushing for a spot in the top 17.

"There's still a couple of weeks of pre-season left but we are doing everything right at this point in time and training really hard. There has been a bit of change with the way training has been going and we are all looking forward to some games

"I want to play at the Nines, it's something different and it will be enjoyable to go to Perth. That is our first game of the year so I am looking forward to that."

Frizell said the visit to the South Coast had been an "eye-opener" for the players and they had hoped to provide a distraction from the constant threat of bushfires for people in the region, as well as provide an economic stimulus.

remote.axd

Illawarra codes unite for bushfire relief golf day

"The whole way down the coast it was just black and you can't understand how tough it would have been for the people trying to defend their houses," Frizell said.

"I don't know how they did it, the amount of courage it would have taken to stay back and look after their houses. Obviously the fire fighters had to go through that too and it is pretty amazing to see some of the houses that are still standing with black trees around them.

"I guess in Sydney you get the smell of bushfires but you are not at risk so it's not until you drive through that road [the Princes Highway] on the way down and see the devastation that you realise what some people have gone through.

"I think it would be very traumatic for any family to go through it and you don't know when it is going to happen so we a we are trying to be that distraction that they need and take their minds off the tough times they have gone through."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/01/frizell-hopes-to-ink-new-dragons-deal-before-season-kick-off/

BLM01

First Grade
frizell_rc1_8308.jpg

DRAGONS

Frizell hopes to ink new Dragons deal before season kick-off
Author
Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Sat 1 Feb 2020, 07:33 AM
walterbrad-head.png

Kangaroos forward Tyson Frizell hopes to finalise his future with St George Illawarra before the start of the season.

Frizell, who is in the final year of his contract with the Dragons, said he wanted to continue playing for his junior club and confirmed negotiations were underway for a new deal.

"I have been in negotiations and hopefully I can have that sorted out sometime soon," Frizell said. "I am able to talk to other clubs at the moment but hopefully it is here.

"I'd like to do it before the season starts but these things do take time as well so I understand that from the club's point of view. The sooner I can get it out of the way the better it is for myself and for the club as well."

The 28-year-old second-rower said he was fully fit after a horror run with injuries in 2019, which began when Frizell suffered a ruptured testicle during the opening-round match in Townsville, and he has put his hand up to play in the NRL Nines at Perth's Optus Stadium.

remote.axd

The Dragons have been training hard under the direction of new strength and conditioning coach Adrian Jimenez, and players welcomed the opportunity to get away from WIN Stadium for two days on the club's South Coast bushfire relief tour.

With former NSW Origin forward Trent Merrin returning and Issac Luke, Brayden Williame and Tyrell Fuimaono joining the club, the Dragons have greater depth but are still on the lookout for an experienced winger.

"It is good to have Mez back, we all know that he loves the club and he is a big part of the club," Frizell said of Merrin.

"He is looking forward to putting the jersey on again, and getting back to playing the footy he knows he can play.

"Issac, Bradyen and Tyrell are quality players so it is good to have those guys in the squad. They will all be pushing for a spot in the top 17.

"There's still a couple of weeks of pre-season left but we are doing everything right at this point in time and training really hard. There has been a bit of change with the way training has been going and we are all looking forward to some games

"I want to play at the Nines, it's something different and it will be enjoyable to go to Perth. That is our first game of the year so I am looking forward to that."

Frizell said the visit to the South Coast had been an "eye-opener" for the players and they had hoped to provide a distraction from the constant threat of bushfires for people in the region, as well as provide an economic stimulus.

remote.axd

"The whole way down the coast it was just black and you can't understand how tough it would have been for the people trying to defend their houses," Frizell said.

"I don't know how they did it, the amount of courage it would have taken to stay back and look after their houses. Obviously the fire fighters had to go through that too and it is pretty amazing to see some of the houses that are still standing with black trees around them.

"I guess in Sydney you get the smell of bushfires but you are not at risk so it's not until you drive through that road [the Princes Highway] on the way down and see the devastation that you realise what some people have gone through.

"I think it would be very traumatic for any family to go through it and you don't know when it is going to happen so we a we are trying to be that distraction that they need and take their minds off the tough times they have gone through."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/01/frizell-hopes-to-ink-new-dragons-deal-before-season-kick-off/
So we want an experience winger....hello Basil
JAC, Alex Johnstone..Gagai?...