What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

Perth Red

Post Whore
LMAO I can't believe there are still crevice dwellers who reckon screaming in your partners' face that she's a "f**ken dog merkin" is normal.

have you seen the rate if DV in Australia? there’s a lot of them out there, and in here it would seem.

lynx000

Juniors
Big difference between losing cool and possibly slamming doors and hitting someone
This is what you seem to have a fundamental difficulty in understanding, if there is a pattern of behaviour, you don't actually need to hit someone for it to be DV. Using abusive language, punching a wall, thowing a chair at a wall, threatening them, will constitute DV. Do you get it?

T-Boon

Coach
Do some googlng, educate yourself on the level of control and abuse that can cpme with economic DV.

Or dont, and maybe just hope your sisters/daughters/neices etc are just lucky enough to never end up trapped in a relationship with your perspective on DV.

The problem with googling DV studies in my opinion is the studies are either done by men’s groups (nobody ever in their right mind would trust these blindly without at least questioning them) or they are done by feminist groups. There isn’t anyone doing a study in this space that isn’t some what militant in their belief/bias.
That does not mean the outcome of the study is wrong but it does mean people are a bit stupid if they don’t at least question the study/outcome.
I think you may fit into that last category of people. Me? I question everything.

SBD82

Coach
The problem with googling DV studies in my opinion is the studies are either done by men’s groups (nobody ever in their right mind would trust these blindly without at least questioning them) or they are done by feminist groups. There isn’t anyone doing a study in this space that isn’t some what militant in their belief/bias.
That does not mean the outcome of the study is wrong but it does mean people are a bit stupid if they don’t at least question the study/outcome.
I think you may fit into that last category of people. Me? I question everything.
This is a pretty long winded way of saying “if I don’t agree with the findings of a study then it can’t be true”.

Bazal

Post Whore

It's always been hot

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
This is what you seem to have a fundamental difficulty in understanding, if there is a pattern of behaviour, you don't actually need to hit someone for it to be DV. Using abusive language, punching a wall, thowing a chair at a wall, threatening them, will constitute DV. Do you get it?

Totally agree with that

nick87

Coach

Yikes
This a special breed of stupid we’re dealing with here
There is quite literally thousands of DV studies conducted by unbiased parties

franklin2323

Immortal

and if it was just a video of someone on a bad day? Nothing to say it is continued behaviour. That is the difference for me

I am sure even those saying they haven’t have had a time they just ranted. Do you ignore the other 98% of the time?

T-Boon

Coach
and if it was just a video of someone on a bad day? Nothing to say it is continued behaviour. That is the difference for me

I am sure even those saying they haven’t have had a time they just ranted. Do you ignore the other 98% of the time?

You could even say that almost every round we have a giggle about Bellamy losing his crap over a sports thing not going his way. People being emotionally stable 100% of the time isn’t a thing that happens.

franklin2323

Immortal
You could even say that almost every round we have a giggle about Bellamy losing his crap over a sports thing not going his way. People being emotionally stable 100% of the time isn’t a thing that happens.

He is a perfect example of someone regularly losing his shit. Imagine if you happen to bump on his way to the tunnel. There would be a barrage of words

Bazal

Post Whore

So, how often do you scream obscenities in your missus' face?

Front-Rower

First Grade
The evidence in the video shows the guy was scared about her barging in (where we don’t know). He asks her to leave multiple times but she refuses.

if the roles were reversed those who say this is naughty would be giving her a standing ovation. Why aren’t men allowed to be scared?

franklin2323

Immortal
So, how often do you scream obscenities in your missus' face?

In her face zero. In the house several in ear shot several times.

I have never had a missus break in and be waiting in a confined space either

How small is a bedroom? That makes it look worse

Bazal

Post Whore
In her face zero. In the house several in ear shot several times.

I have never had a missus break in and be waiting in a confined space either

How small is a bedroom? That makes it look worse

So you're only a little bit of a f**kwit?

franklin2323

Immortal
The evidence in the video shows the guy was scared about her barging in (where we don’t know). He asks her to leave multiple times but she refuses.

if the roles were reversed those who say this is naughty would be giving her a standing ovation. Why aren’t men allowed to be scared?

Nope. Have to robots and never lose our cool