What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

The Rosco

Bench
We signed a kid named Mavoni Tuifa ( spelling ?)
He is a wrecking ball.
A big, angry mother fxxxer.
I think he's only on a lower grade contract, but look him up. He's a freakin beast.
don't know how long he's signed for, but extend him, and if possible, give him a run in firsts after we extend him.
And the best thing ? . . . pretty sure we signed him from Parra.

We signed a kid named Mavoni Tuifa ( spelling ?)
He is a wrecking ball.
A big, angry mother fxxxer.
I think he's only on a lower grade contract, but look him up. He's a freakin beast.
don't know how long he's signed for, but extend him, and if possible, give him a run in firsts after we extend him.
And the best thing ? . . . pretty sure we signed him from Parra.

Good advice, footage of him on the net.
A young agile Uber-giant, hes smashing into and making yardage against 3 or 4 huge opponents. Offload and passing. He’d be ideal at the back end of a game taking out tired front rowers.

Tigerm

First Grade

Tigerm

First Grade
From WT's web site.

Wests Tigers can provide the following injury update as the start of the 2020 season approaches, with less than a month until the first games of the year with the NRL Perth Nines.

With two full weeks of training completed following the New Year break, Wests Tigers have been boosted by the successful returns of Alex Twal (groin), Matt Eisenhuth (groin) and Josh Aloiai (hand) to full-team training.

The likes of Elijah Taylor (knee), Michael Chee Kam (shoulder) and David Nofoaluma (shoulder) are also in full team training after minor injuries or surgeries completed during the off-season break.

Russell Packer (foot) is also progressing well as he increases his running load and responds well on-field as a result.

Young hooker Jacob Liddle (knee) continues to make very positive progress with his strength training and movement drills. The 23-year-old is on track to begin the running phase of his rehabilitation process around Round 1.

Currently training with the extended NRL squad, train-and-trialist Brad Abbey (knee) is approaching the final stages of his rehabilitation from an ACL injury suffered last season with another club. Abbey is expected to return to skills training on-field in the next few weeks before the regular season commences.

Wests Tigers players will continue to ramp up preparations in the next few weeks before entering the start of competitive games. The 2020 NRL Perth Nines is first up on the calendar with games on February 14-15, before Wests Tigers take on the Penrith Panthers (February 22) and New Zealand Warriors (March 1) in NRL trials.

The club's first NRL game of the season will then take place two weeks later with a clash against the St. George-Illawarra Dragons in Wollongong on March 15.

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Tigers 2020 NRL Squad
Alex Twal
Alex Seyfarth
Benji Marshall
Billy Walters
Chris McQueen
Chris Lawrence

Corey Thompson
David Nofoaluma
Dylan Smith
Elijah Taylor
Jacob Liddle
Josh Aloiai
Josh Reynolds
Luciano Leilua
Luke Brooks
Luke Garner
Matt Eisenhuth
Michael Chee Kam
Moses Mbye
Oliver Clark
Paul Momirovski
Robert Jennings
Russell Packer
Sam McIntyre
Thomas Mikaele
Tommy Talau

Coach: Michael Maguire

Wests Tigers 2020 Development Players
Jake Simpkin
Jock Madden
Kane Bradley
Reece Hoffman
Zac Cini

With the current squad (new players not mentioned) who do we lose next year, through end of contract? It should free up some cash if needed.

I have placed who I thought they were in RED are there others.

BrotherJim05

Bench
With the current squad (new players not mentioned) who do we lose next year, through end of contract? It should free up some cash if needed.

I have placed who I thought they were in RED are there others.

Wouldn't be surprised if Reynolds, Mbye or Packer end up leaving for whatever reason.

Tiger05

First Grade
Wouldn't be surprised if Reynolds, Mbye or Packer end up leaving for whatever reason.

Are these 3 all here next year as well ? I reckon Mbye can play so I'm not really worried about him. The other two don't appear to be first grade level at this point.

Tigerm

First Grade
Are these 3 all here next year as well ? I reckon Mbye can play so I'm not really worried about him. The other two don't appear to be first grade level at this point.
I think that all three have at least 2 years left?

Both Reynolds and Packer had a horror run of injuries, plus some other issues to deal with, so I am holding back until they are able to contribute, to see what they have got.

However, it's possible Reynolds may not play anyway.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think that all three have at least 2 years left?

Both Reynolds and Packer had a horror run of injuries, plus some other issues to deal with, so I am holding back until they are able to contribute, to see what they have got.

However, it's possible Reynolds may not play anyway.

It'd be great if they both came good but we really need those inflated contracts off our books. You'd think over the next couple of years we will have to upgrade some juniors.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Reynolds is surplus to needs. Packer is not currently first grade standard. Mbye is a good player but he is being massively overpaid.

If Packer gets his 2018 form then fantastic. If Mbye's salary isn't f**king up the salary cap then great. I honestly don't see where Reynolds fits in our plans, even when fully fit.

Tigerm

First Grade
Reynolds is surplus to needs. Packer is not currently first grade standard. Mbye is a good player but he is being massively overpaid.

If Packer gets his 2018 form then fantastic. If Mbye's salary isn't f**king up the salary cap then great. I honestly don't see where Reynolds fits in our plans, even when fully fit.
If he comes good, then he maybe required to cover Benji, this season and next?

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Doueihi
2. Nofolauma
3. BJ Leilua
4. Mbye
5. Thompson

6. Benji
7. Brooks

8. Mikaele
9. Grant
10. Twal
11. Garner
12. L Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

14. Aloiai
15. Musgrove
16. Chee-Kam
17. Reynolds

That is my team at the moment. It looks a lot better than last year to me. I reckon our prop rotation is going to be beast mode when we get Stefano.

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Doueihi
2. Nofolauma
3. BJ Leilua
4. Mbye
5. Thompson

6. Benji
7. Brooks

8. Mikaele
9. Grant
10. Twal
11. Garner
12. L Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

14. Aloiai
15. Musgrove
16. Chee-Kam
17. Reynolds

That is my team at the moment. It looks a lot better than last year to me. I reckon our prop rotation is going to be beast mode when we get Stefano.

Personally not 100% sold on Doueihi as a fullback but will see how he goes.

Think your team is fairly spot on however I’m gunna make a prediction that fan fav Corey Thompson will start the year in nsw Cup. All reports are that Jennings is an absolute stand out at pre season and I don’t maguire will have 2 short wingers.

Considering how strong our middle third options are I’ll be fairly surprised if Eisnhuth gets a spot, think Packer will play a pretty big part this year.

We’re looking good though, that’s a top 8 side for mine.

Tigerm

First Grade
Personally not 100% sold on Doueihi as a fullback but will see how he goes.

Think your team is fairly spot on however I’m gunna make a prediction that fan fav Corey Thompson will start the year in nsw Cup. All reports are that Jennings is an absolute stand out at pre season and I don’t maguire will have 2 short wingers.

Considering how strong our middle third options are I’ll be fairly surprised if Eisnhuth gets a spot, think Packer will play a pretty big part this year.

We’re looking good though, that’s a top 8 side for mine.
They've actually done it, they have got us excited with expectations of grandeur, so here we go again.
I'm thinking top 6 as we were close last year and we seemed to have improved across the park.

Latest posts