What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
100% agree...Tigers done the right thing here

I'm not sure the club did the right thing. I think they should have waited and tried to get Stefano released. I can though see why the club made that decision. I think Matterson was a big problem.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can’t , for the life of me understand Doueihi going to Wests.

He either lacks self belief, is poorly advised or a dummy spitter

Comes into an opposition teams forum, insults them, then has a cry that he cops some heat back

I realise you dont ever actually want a rational conversation, however in response I would say that a player leaving the saftey net of a team whos made the top 4 the last 2 years for a side which has missed the finals 8 years in a row must have plenty of self belief.

On being poorly advised, in what way? Should a player who is looking to establish themselves in the NRL in a spine posiiton stay and be a bench player at a side which has its 1/6/7 locked up until he is nearly 24? How will that help his career?

A dummy spitter? Interesting, why is that? Because he is looking to leave a conract early? So I assume you would also call James Roberts, Latrell Mitchell, Ethan Lowe, Jayden Sua and potentially Jai Arrow dummy spitters aswell?

Phil Gould

Juniors
Comes into an opposition teams forum, insults them, then has a cry that he cops some heat back

I realise you dont ever actually want a rational conversation, however in response I would say that a player leaving the saftey net of a team whos made the top 4 the last 2 years for a side which has missed the finals 8 years in a row must have plenty of self belief.

On being poorly advised, in what way? Should a player who is looking to establish themselves in the NRL in a spine posiiton stay and be a bench player at a side which has its 1/6/7 locked up until he is nearly 24? How will that help his career?

A dummy spitter? Interesting, why is that? Because he is looking to leave a conract early? So I assume you would also call James Roberts, Latrell Mitchell, Ethan Lowe, Jayden Sua and potentially Jai Arrow dummy spitters aswell?

You’re right Vic, Wiley just has a classic case of sour grapes.

I really can’t understand the Matterson early release though. He was on stress leave and the team reportedly didn’t like him, so I don’t think his attitude would rub off on many of the players, especially if they all think he’s a dickhead.
...or, maybe he’s just one of those people that no one can even stand the sight of. One of those people that you feel like punching every time they open their mouth. The sort of person that makes you get fox so you don’t have to turn the sound down when you watch the footy.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Honestly this is pretty stupid unless you are rorting the cap. You've paid overs and you need him off your books. You made the bad contract. You can either hold that contract and live with it or pay for some off his contract elsewhere.

The point being his contract could stuff your cap position up. Maybe not this year but over the next couple of years especially when you have Cody and Latrell in the positions that AD plays.

He hasn’t stuffed our cap and he’s going to be a very good long term NRL player.

We have no reason to move him on. He will be playing first grade with us every week.
He’s just a kid and would be mad to leave now with a premiership at his feet

Tiger05

First Grade
He hasn’t stuffed our cap and he’s going to be a very good long term NRL player.

We have no reason to move him on. He will be playing first grade with us every week.
He’s just a kid and would be mad to leave now with a premiership at his feet

Okay so he can stay then. If there is no issue why not keep him ?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
No club announcement but there is a media report that Joey has signed with us for 3 years. Good news.

Wests Tigers sign Joey Leilua From Canberra Raiders on three-year contract
DAVID RICCIO, The Sunday Telegraph
January 25, 2020 3:07pm

Joey Leilua is a Tiger.

The powerful centre has played his last game for Canberra after inking a three-year deal with the Wests Tigers on Saturday.

Leilua, 28, will link with his younger brother and former St George-Illawarra forward Luciano Leilua at Tigers training on Tuesday.

The Raiders were willing to release Leilua and contribute to his 2020 deal at the Tigers after recruiting Curtis Scott from the Melbourne Storm prior to Christmas.

The Tigers will now turn their attention to signing Rabbitohs utility Adam Doueihi.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/07471022c2f57780a62e82ea3ba0bae6

Tigers Tale

Juniors
There have been a lot of really good posts about the pros and cons of signing AD. The way I see it Madge has both the funds and permission of the board to sign who he wants....if this deal isn't happening I believe it is because Madge is happy with what he has or has some other plan in place for this year.

If AD comes, it will be because Madge and the team want him...not because of any other reason. Madge holds his ground (he is a smart coach) and will not pay over for a player he doesn't think is worth the money, he has proven this a few times lately.

That's how I see it anyway.....been wrong before though hahaha!!!

simmo05

Bench
There have been a lot of really good posts about the pros and cons of signing AD. The way I see it Madge has both the funds and permission of the board to sign who he wants....if this deal isn't happening I believe it is because Madge is happy with what he has or has some other plan in place for this year.

If AD comes, it will be because Madge and the team want him...not because of any other reason. Madge holds his ground (he is a smart coach) and will not pay over for a player he doesn't think is worth the money, he has proven this a few times lately.

That's how I see it anyway.....been wrong before though hahaha!!!
Didn't Madge sign and blood a fair chunk of souffs current roster? Anyway I'm loving what he is doing at the moment. Yeah we don't always get our man, but at least we arnt shooting our wad over every player who comes on the market

The Rosco

Bench
If Madge could whip Joey into shape (and Packer) we'd have some decent big dudes for once.
I don't know exactly how much Madge can take credit for . . . but Packer, . . . moreso Jennings and Luciano have trimmed down a helluva lot this preseason. You'd have to think that BJ would be keen to have a few kegs stripped off just to show the NRL world he still has it. That's the mindset we need from him.
Really glad we finalised the deal. Wanted this set in concrete before we fartarse around with AD.
Hoping that Luciano can re-invigorate BJ into being a super brother duo !!

The Rosco

Bench
Can you point me to where I came in here and started insulting the team or posters?
Now, I can't be 100% sure, coz I don't get too much detail with folks like you, But I'd be next to positive that you had a hell of a lot to say in OUR thread about Mitchell. A hell of a lot. In fact, you wouldn't shut up.
Now . . as if by magic, all of your posts have been removed. Probably by the author.
Just so you could ask us "to point you to where you started insulting . . ." ?, you delete all your posts first ?!
Too hard to believe in a 20+ page thread in the WESTSTIGERS forum about Latrell . . . weasly ole dog could keep his nose out of it.
Go fishing. Collect stamps, coins, or oil tins. Visit the sick in hospital. Find a hobby, coz it looks like your living in your own private Idaho here.

Last edited:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Now, I can't be 100% sure, coz I don't get too much detail with folks like you, But I'd be next to positive that you had a hell of a lot to say in OUR thread about Mitchell. A hell of a lot. In fact, you wouldn't shut up.
Now . . as if by magic, all of your posts have been removed. Probably by the author.
Just so you could ask us "to point you to where you started insulting . . ." ?, you delete all your posts first ?!
Too hard to believe in a 20+ page thread in the WESTSTIGERS forum about Latrell . . . weasly ole dog could keep his nose out of it.
Go fishing. Collect stamps, coins, or oil tins. Visit the sick in hospital. Find a hobby, coz it looks like your living in your own private Idaho here.

Been on the drink today?

I haven’t deleted any posts.
I await your apology....if you have that character

Tiger05

First Grade
Mate

have you been paying attention??WE WANT TO KEEP HIM

he’s been told that:bulb:

So why are there all these discussions going on ? My take is that it's a lie that you want to keep him. I think the statement is more likely we want to keep him but we have a salary cap and are happy to let him go so that we can spend our money more wisely.

The Rosco

Bench
Been on the drink today?

I haven’t deleted any posts.
I await your apology....if you have that character
Well, I did start by saying "I can't be 100% sure" . . . BUT . . let me explain it like this:
you are very annoying. Intensely annoying. As annoying as the worst souffs fans on here. It's not just me that finds you annoying, either. With your stupid tongue out smileys, and your souffs can do no wrong mantra, the only folks that suffer you are other souffs fans.
While listening to a podcast, I've looked back at our Signings and suggestions thread, and our Latrell Mitchell thread, and could barely find a post from you in either.
When one applies logic to the degree of annoyance vs your contributions in different topics, it just doesn't make sense.
Ask any WT contributor if wod has made a pain in the arse post on our Mitchell thread, and every single one would say yes. Every single one.
It beggars belief that you can be such an annoying pain in the arse by only posting in a single thread. It's just too hard to do !
But yet, here we are. You have become a top flight pain in the arse with ruthless efficiency.
Bravo.
LOL. LOL@$OUFFS