What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Well, I did start by saying "I can't be 100% sure" . . . BUT . . let me explain it like this:
you are very annoying. Intensely annoying. As annoying as the worst souffs fans on here. It's not just me that finds you annoying, either. With your stupid tongue out smileys, and your souffs can do no wrong mantra, the only folks that suffer you are other souffs fans.
While listening to a podcast, I've looked back at our Signings and suggestions thread, and our Latrell Mitchell thread, and could barely find a post from you in either.
When one applies logic to the degree of annoyance vs your contributions in different topics, it just doesn't make sense.
Ask any WT contributor if wod has made a pain in the arse post on our Mitchell thread, and every single one would say yes. Every single one.
It beggars belief that you can be such an annoying pain in the arse by only posting in a single thread. It's just too hard to do !
But yet, here we are. You have become a top flight pain in the arse with ruthless efficiency.
Bravo.
LOL. LOL@$OUFFS

Yes, you were wrong. Pity you didn’t pass the test of character and admit it.

Oh, and it’s clear you don’t like your views being challenged. Time to grow up

Nice sign off by the way. Real mature and proves my point.

I assume I’m not allowed to counter that in your world:bulb:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
So why are there all these discussions going on ? My take is that it's a lie that you want to keep him. I think the statement is more likely we want to keep him but we have a salary cap and are happy to let him go so that we can spend our money more wisely.

It’s incredibly simple 05. Adam wants to leave now.

He came to the coach and asked to leave as we signed Mitchell

Bennett told him he’ll play first grade every week and is a major part of our plans

As I said, it’s dumb, bad advice, or dummy spitting by Adam

Joey Leilua is set to join Wests Tigers after informing the Raiders on Saturday that he had accepted a three-year deal.

Wests Tigers officials maintained last night that no contract had been signed, but Canberra officials confirmed the centre had made known earlier in the day his intentions to return to Sydney and join his brother at the joint-venture club.

it’s in the paper, it must be true :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/jo...s-with-deal-all-but-done-20200125-p53up9.html

Rhyno

First Grade
100%. From all reports he was way offside with the players barring his best mate Twal. Its also worth noting he spat the dummy at the roosters aswell to break contract so he has history and it’s not just us

That’s completely wrong I know for a fact a few players cried when Matto told them he was leaving

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Im not going to cope post about how Joey is bad. The raiders are way weaker without him. He runs hard as hell from inside his own half. There has been so many times we have been pinned inside our 20m and beej rolls his sleeves up and gets us out of trouble with a hard run.

But just on his weight. It will be a battle. Sticky was the most successful coach he ever had at keeping his weight down but as soon as he was away from the coaching set up he got fat. He came back fat as f**k from the world cup.

Anyways i hope he goes great in 2020.... just not against us

axl rose

Bench
Im not going to cope post about how Joey is bad. The raiders are way weaker without him. He runs hard as hell from inside his own half. There has been so many times we have been pinned inside our 20m and beej rolls his sleeves up and gets us out of trouble with a hard run.
We badly need both, the help out of trouble and the strike weapon. Don't know why Sticky went so hard after Scott, he doesn't have much x-factor. Though he's barely got a recruit wrong the past couple of years so what do i know.

Tigerm

First Grade
On NRL.com, they are saying that the Eels have upgraded young Stefano Utoikamanu's contract to their top 30 squad.
Not sure what this is trying to do, maybe trying to get him to break his contract with us?

BrotherJim05

Bench
On NRL.com, they are saying that the Eels have upgraded young Stefano Utoikamanu's contract to their top 30 squad.
Not sure what this is trying to do, maybe trying to get him to break his contract with us?

I think they were always gonna do that so he could make his debut with Eels. I'll be very surprised if he backflips, we gave him a very good deal to come to Tigers

gordsy

Juniors
think that BJ would be keen to have a few kegs stripped off just to show the NRL world he still has it. That's the mindset we need from him.

I don't think BJ is that smart and motivated in that way. Besides who said he was past it ??

Shredder

Juniors
On Stefano, this is what Ive picked up / heard / read

At the eels, hes on a low contract, like 80k or something.
Its smart salary cap management for them to want to keep him, as its going to be hard to replace him with anyone for 80k. They seem to have upgraded him as they arent looking at anyone else and are looking to have the 29 players locked in before the season starts.

Personally, I think we still think they are going to release him and thats why we havent gone hard for AD as yet. Maybe now that they have added him to the top grade roster and now that BJ seems to be sorted we can have a good crack at AD?

Stefano was also quoted as saying he would prefer to make his debut with the Tigers, which is nice.

The Rosco

Bench
I don't think BJ is that smart and motivated in that way. Besides who said he was past it ??
Gordsy, the font I used was " Hope. Plain and simple sans serif"
We don't need him in lazy mode. I know he will prob never be in "train the house down" mode, but we don't want him lazy.
I'm just hoping he gets a bit vengeful on the NRL for the Raiders signing Scott and making him surplus.
Lose a bit of weight and show the world that Joey has still got it !
Hope.

Tiger05

First Grade
On Stefano, this is what Ive picked up / heard / read

At the eels, hes on a low contract, like 80k or something.
Its smart salary cap management for them to want to keep him, as its going to be hard to replace him with anyone for 80k. They seem to have upgraded him as they arent looking at anyone else and are looking to have the 29 players locked in before the season starts.

Personally, I think we still think they are going to release him and thats why we havent gone hard for AD as yet. Maybe now that they have added him to the top grade roster and now that BJ seems to be sorted we can have a good crack at AD?

Stefano was also quoted as saying he would prefer to make his debut with the Tigers, which is nice.

They would have upgraded his contract to a bare minimum contract. I think that would be more than 80k but it's a good deal for Parra.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Well whatever the case is, i don't think a long term contract is the right answer. I can see this becoming either a Matterson or Mbye situation.

Speaking of Matterson, still boggles my mind that JAC, Arrow and Stefano all want out of their contracts but their clubs have found a way to keep them in the roster until they get something good out of it. Makes our club look really amateur.

Speaking of JAC...is there absolutely any possibility whatsoever of us getting him? I'd rather persist with Thompson at fullback if it means we can get JAC
1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Momo
5. JAC

Pretty f**king good backline

Then eventually a marquee fullback will come on the market just as some of our bigger contracts are ending and we throw everything at them

It is very poor roster management by WT. The Stefano situation has backflip written all over it. We should have refused to release Matterson to the Eels unless/until Stefano was released to us.

Momirovski belongs in NSW Cup.
Nofoaluma is going to rush up in defence again this year and get outlept by taller wingers as has happened so often in the past.

We should have been offering up players to Melbourne in exchange for Addo-Carr as soon as it became clear he wanted out. There's probably 8 players I've had offered to Melbourne straight away. I'd also have offered to pay these guys freight to leave.

Thompson
Jennings
Momirovski
Nofoaluma
McQueen
Eisenuth
Lawrence
Taylor

A package deal of these types of guys might have been enough to get Melbourn's attention. They had 23 NRL players up until last week and needed bodies.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Mario
If talks are really serious re Doueihi and West’s what forwards would you offer n a package to Souths?

if Adam is really desperate to leave us. We could do with a big body like Packer etc

The unknown

Juniors
Momi belongs in NSW Cup is a bit of a stretch. I reckon in the last 10 games of the year he was close to our best player, probably top 3 at least.

The first couple games for the kid were shaky but once he got a bit of confidence I thought he was a gun

I’m just unsure what his best position is ATM, haven’t seen enough at him at centre

Latest posts