What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BJ

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ad8bc5742f67cd494c4749e3d870eb66

Leilua brothers link up after Joey inks three-year deal with Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers have snared a strike outside back ahead of 2020 with Canberra centre Joey Leilua reportedly signing a three-year deal with the club.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the 28-year-old will link up with his brother Luciano who also joined the Tigers in the pre-season from St George Illawarra.

Leilua faced an uncertain future in the nation’s capital after the Curtis Scott signed with the Raiders from Melbourne before Christmas.

The Samoa international met with Tigers coach Michael Maguire earlier this week with his manager Paul Sutton having been in talks with the club.

According to reports, the Raiders will chip in for Leilua to play at the Tigers this season given he had one year remaining on his deal with the Green Machine.

With Leilua set for one centre position, the other will be a battle between Robert Jennings, Paul Momirovski and rising star Tommy Talau.

Negotiations also remain ongoing with South Sydney young gun Adam Doueihi, the Balmain junior who is seeking a four-year deal to join the Wests Tigers.

…………………………………………………………...

Nothing from the WT's as yet?

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon he is a weapon. He had some stupid mistakes in him but if him and his brother go hard on that edge it could be real good for us.

If he applies himself he will be a good signing, good to see there is a number of options in the backs, the slug for instance will have to actually get fit and have a go if he wants to play first grade this season .

The unknown

Juniors
Finally we have a strike weapon in the backline

Atm id be keen on

1. Thompson
2. Momirovski
3. Taulau
4. BJ
5. Nofoaluma

Still not the fastest 1-5 but it’s solid

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's amazing how a single signing can suddenly transform our backline. We just need one more gun winger or fullback and we will be in fantastic shape for 2020 and beyond.

If we end up signing AD then I could see:
1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Momo
5. Thompson

I reckon Momo goes way better at centre than on the wing. He's talented and young so would love to see him develop there.

Then we throw everything at JAC and we have a very good backline

Tiger05

First Grade
That backline looks a lot better doesn't it. I even think this backline looks a lot better.

1. Thompson
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Momo
5. Jennings

The BJ signing gives us some strike out wide. I'm not fussed about signing JAC. It'd be good to get him but good players do come through the lower grades all the time. We just need a quality outside back to come through. Lots of people appear to rate Talau. Personally I've seen nothing from him to suggest he is going to be a quality first grader but I've only seen him play his debut first grade game. If he doesn't come on I'm sure some other junior will come on or we go to the market.

Shredder

Juniors
Exactly the kind of signing we need.

Slightly better than solid, presumably without busting the bank and he actually seems to want to play for us.

No other club was mentioned in regards to him as far as I saw.

Lets hope the club confirms it early next week.

There's a few people on the raiders forum salty over the release of BJ and are finding it hard to swallow.

It hasn't been confirmed on the official site yet so it could just be a massive load.....

Sorry everyone but I couldn't help myself. Good signing and it's been a while since we've had an outside back who consistently makes people miss tackles even if he has a lot of mistakes in him and has some questionable personal traits. Hopefully they'll play him on the same side as his brother and they can develop some sort of Stewart or turbo like partnership.

gordsy

Juniors
So we have could a back line like this either this year or next year

1 AD
2 JAC
3 BJ
4 MOMO
5 NOFO

Depending on Injuries we could then change it to

1 Talau
2 JAC
3 BJ
4 MOMO
5 NOFO

AD at 6

Shredder

Juniors
JAC wont change clubs this year.
Melbourne has made it too difficult for him and rightly so. They already lost their other star winger.

If we sign AD I think it will look like this:

1 AD
2 Thommo
3 BJ
4 Momo
5 Nofo

Das Hassler

Bench
For me if AD comes over then Nofo is the one who most needs to earn his spot
( Over Talau in and Momo at 5)

Shredder

Juniors
Looking at the pre season training pics it looks like Jennings has really trimmed down.

He might be a surprise this year.

gordsy

Juniors
With the new mid air tackle rules It will be interesting to see how that affects shorter guys like Thompson. No doubt it will be tweaked as the year goes on after some outcry from journos or nine commentators.