What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Doueihi is kidding himself if he thinks he’s a half.

The Sutton comparison is fair. Adam is a big body and should be in the back row sooner rather than later

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
From Sporting News, Gags is officially going nowhere,

Dane Gagai breaks silence on future amid persistent rumours over South Sydney future

South Sydney star Dane Gagai has broken his silence on persistent rumours linking him with multiple NRL rivals in recent months.

Despite being contracted to the Rabbitohs until the end of the 2021 NRL season, the 29-year-old’s future has been a hot topic this off-season.

The club’s pursuit and eventual signing of Sydney Roosters star Latrell Mitchell has fuelled speculation over the futures of several Bunnies players including Gagai.

Coach Wayne Bennett has an embarrassment of riches in the outside backs with the likes of Mitchell, Gagai, James Roberts, Alex Johnston, Campbell Graham, Braidon Burns and Adam Doueihi on his 2020 roster.

According to reports, the Rabbitohs offered Gagai to the Gold Coast Titans in a swap deal that would have delivered middle forward Jai Arrow to Redfern this season.

Gagai, a veteran of 184 NRL games for Brisbane, Newcastle and the Rabbitohs, has been linked with Wests Tigers – as have team-mates Johnston and Doueihi.

There have also been rumours the Rabbitohs have made inquiries to Melbourne Storm about a swap deal that would deliver Josh Addo-Carr to Redfern, in exchange for either Gagai or Johnston.

But the representative star has rubbished the constant speculation over his future, insisting he plans to see out his South Sdyney contract.

“I was a headline last year too, saying that I was leaving the club because James Roberts was coming,” Gagai told 9 News.

“… And then I find myself being a headline again saying I’m going somewhere else and it’s just funny, I’ve got this year and next year left on my contract and I don’t plan on going nowhere.

“All that talk is just trash really.”

Gagai played 14 games at centre and 11 on the wing for Wayne Bennett’s side in 2019.

It is understood he will start the upcoming season on the wing.

assess5

Juniors
From Sporting News, Gags is officially going nowhere,

Dane Gagai breaks silence on future amid persistent rumours over South Sydney future

South Sydney star Dane Gagai has broken his silence on persistent rumours linking him with multiple NRL rivals in recent months.

Despite being contracted to the Rabbitohs until the end of the 2021 NRL season, the 29-year-old’s future has been a hot topic this off-season.

The club’s pursuit and eventual signing of Sydney Roosters star Latrell Mitchell has fuelled speculation over the futures of several Bunnies players including Gagai.

Coach Wayne Bennett has an embarrassment of riches in the outside backs with the likes of Mitchell, Gagai, James Roberts, Alex Johnston, Campbell Graham, Braidon Burns and Adam Doueihi on his 2020 roster.

According to reports, the Rabbitohs offered Gagai to the Gold Coast Titans in a swap deal that would have delivered middle forward Jai Arrow to Redfern this season.

Gagai, a veteran of 184 NRL games for Brisbane, Newcastle and the Rabbitohs, has been linked with Wests Tigers – as have team-mates Johnston and Doueihi.

There have also been rumours the Rabbitohs have made inquiries to Melbourne Storm about a swap deal that would deliver Josh Addo-Carr to Redfern, in exchange for either Gagai or Johnston.

But the representative star has rubbished the constant speculation over his future, insisting he plans to see out his South Sdyney contract.

“I was a headline last year too, saying that I was leaving the club because James Roberts was coming,” Gagai told 9 News.

“… And then I find myself being a headline again saying I’m going somewhere else and it’s just funny, I’ve got this year and next year left on my contract and I don’t plan on going nowhere.

“All that talk is just trash really.”

Gagai played 14 games at centre and 11 on the wing for Wayne Bennett’s side in 2019.

It is understood he will start the upcoming season on the wing.
I like Gagai, he provides 100% commitment.

Travitoh

First Grade
I love Danes commitment as well but WR does make a very fair point think back to the manly game when their big Polynesian centre gave him a bath it was embarrassing for a first grader

A big Polynesian centre would give most NRL wingers playing at centre a bath.

assess5

Juniors
And to say someone doesn’t know what they are talking about because they have a different opinion is just childish and close minded
Clearly neither you or he has ever played centre. Pardon me for being ' childish and close minded' but I'm just a little bit sick and tired of people like he and yourself having free shots a gutzy guy like Gagai who plays full on each and every week.

How do you think you would go tackling, one on one, some one like, Oh I don't know, some one like, lets say our new full back, Latrell Mitchell, how do you think you would go. Mitchell's not even as big as some of those Islander guys from Manly who terrorized everyone last year.

The thing is, when you play centre, most times you are tackling your opposition centre one on one, that's the game, that's what its all about, getting your fast guy up against the opposition guy with the opposition guy on the back foot or out of position or retreating or such.

I think Gagai's great and obviously so the people that matter.

250excf

Juniors
Clearly neither you or he has ever played centre. Pardon me for being ' childish and close minded' but I'm just a little bit sick and tired of people like he and yourself having free shots a gutzy guy like Gagai who plays full on each and every week.

How do you think you would go tackling, one on one, some one like, Oh I don't know, some one like, lets say our new full back, Latrell Mitchell, how do you think you would go. Mitchell's not even as big as some of those Islander guys from Manly who terrorized everyone last year.

The thing is, when you play centre, most times you are tackling your opposition centre one on one, that's the game, that's what its all about, getting your fast guy up against the opposition guy with the opposition guy on the back foot or out of position or retreating or such.

Take a pill my friend I’m a huge fan of Dane and agree totally he gives his all but it is what it is
I’m not a professional nrl player that also plays for my state and country and earning a rumoured 700k per year yet Dane is
For that huge pay check you are expected to be a bloody solid and consistent defender you can bag out anyone who brings it up but at the end of the day comparing us average joes to Dane is just a pointless argument :smile:
Like I said I rate Dane hugely but his defence is sometimes not up to scratch

assess5

Juniors
Take a pill my friend I’m a huge fan of Dane and agree totally he gives his all but it is what it is
I’m not a professional nrl player that also plays for my state and country and earning a rumoured 700k per year yet Dane is
For that huge pay check you are expected to be a bloody solid and consistent defender you can bag out anyone who brings it up but at the end of the day comparing us average joes to Dane is just a pointless argument :smile:
Easy to dismiss a counter argument I suppose, but NRL level or bush league the principles are the same and playing centre is the hardest position on the field.

250excf

Juniors

And what’s that because someone has a different opinion you revert to oh you have obviously never played centre blah blah well mate yes I played centre for years but I’m not a professional on 700k

assess5

Juniors
Nobody is denying that mate but for 700k I’d expect solid defence like GI or Justin Hodges
I think your very forgiving with GI and to be honest I can't remember much about Hodges except 'come on, step across this line and see what happens!' and when the nsw guy stepped across the line Hodges drew another line and said ' come on step across the...'

Mixo Joe

Juniors
FB_IMG_1579993633811.jpg FB_IMG_1579993633811.jpg
Hey watch it 250 I'm not your average Joe:laughing: and I love Gags!

Latest posts