What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Brothers

possm

Coach
Leilua brothers link up after Joey inks three-year deal with Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers have snared a strike outside back ahead of 2020 with Canberra centre Joey Leilua reportedly signing a three-year deal with the club.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the 28-year-old will link up with his brother Luciano who also joined the Tigers in the pre-season from St George Illawarra.

Leilua faced an uncertain future in the nation’s capital after the Curtis Scott signed with the Raiders from Melbourne before Christmas.

The Samoa international met with Tigers coach Michael Maguire earlier this week with his manager Paul Sutton having been in talks with the club.

According to reports, the Raiders will chip in for Leilua to play at the Tigers this season given he had one year remaining on his deal with the Green Machine.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/forums/st-george-illawarra-dragons.84/create-thread

It seems to me that Peter Mullholland knows how to off-load a player when he needs to make way for younger exciting talent and Mage is a coach who backs himself to sign a particular player he needs. Contrast that to our two fools who believe G Jennings is the answer to our outside back problem.

Now I could support the signing of Jennings if this action was coupled with the move of Aitken / Lafai from our squad. That would make sense to me.

BLM01

First Grade

Wests Tigers have snared a strike outside back ahead of 2020 with Canberra centre Joey Leilua reportedly signing a three-year deal with the club.

According to The Daily Telegraph, the 28-year-old will link up with his brother Luciano who also joined the Tigers in the pre-season from St George Illawarra.

Leilua faced an uncertain future in the nation’s capital after the Curtis Scott signed with the Raiders from Melbourne before Christmas.

The Samoa international met with Tigers coach Michael Maguire earlier this week with his manager Paul Sutton having been in talks with the club.

According to reports, the Raiders will chip in for Leilua to play at the Tigers this season given he had one year remaining on his deal with the Green Machine.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/forums/st-george-illawarra-dragons.84/create-thread

It seems to me that Peter Mullholland knows how to off-load a player when he needs to make way for younger exciting talent and Mage is a coach who backs himself to sign a particular player he needs. Contrast that to our two fools who believe G Jennings is the answer to our outside back problem.

Now I could support the signing of Jennings if this action was coupled with the move of Aitken / Lafai from our squad. That would make sense to me.
None of it makes sense. Good luck to the Tigers having both them 2 at your club. Plenty of penalties and holes in defence...but some good attack

Crush

Coach

Canberra are paying 400K of BJs contract this year. Yeah Mullohand really knows how to offload a player.....

getsmarty

Immortal
serveimage

serveimage
serveimage

possm

Coach
Canberra are paying 400K of BJs contract this year. Yeah Mullohand really knows how to offload a player.....
Yea he managed to budget that 400k to allow him to make the necessary adjustments to his roster. SGI …………..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The issue for both the Leilua boys is that they are hot and cold consistently. Both can he match winners and both can cost you.
JL was outstanding with Rapana on his outside, last year with Rapana injured, not so much. Same with LL. Outstanding when the lukes of Dufty or Field were trailing him through. Without them (or someone similar) not so much.
Both defensively suspect.
I wish them both well, but coaches dont easily let players go, but in the dase of JL, they seem to have opted for a fresher model.

The unknown

Juniors
I doubt Leilua was Madges first choice. He’s a downgrade on Marsters imo. Marsters has been awesome previously until Madge come over. I thought he’d excel under Madge but it wasn’t to be.

Teams were just quick to figure marsters out, apart from a little shimmy and a late offload he doesn’t really offer much. Either that or he played most of last year injured because his 2018 season and 2019 seasons were light years apart

This Year?

Immortal
I'm already salivating at the thought of the wackiness that will potentially happen on that side of the field in round 1.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Teams were just quick to figure marsters out, apart from a little shimmy and a late offload he doesn’t really offer much. Either that or he played most of last year injured because his 2018 season and 2019 seasons were light years apart
Yeah they definitely were for reasons unclear to me. I’ve had him in my SuperCoach side for years so I watch him closely, he is very high workrate player. Hopefully he can regain his form.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Joey Leilua is a massive upgrade on Marsters.
At this stage of their careers that’s debatable. Leilua has had some serious injuries of late, has an error and brain snap in him and has flopped in two gf’s. I’d say he has been relegated to the scrap heap. It’s a shame because on his day he’s probably the most devastating centre in the NRL. He has moments where he absolutely bullies the opposition. I’ve met him in the Moose a few times he’s a good bloke. I hope he kicks on.

Pretty clear the Leilua brothers wanted to play at the same club

if we had chased Joey, we would have kept Luch.

cant see how Joey would have been a worse acquisition than Williams.