What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest NRL Player of the Decade (2010-2019)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Someone who wore the famous red blue and white jersey of the roosters.

Anyone else is just pretender.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Cameron Smith then daylight 2nd.
with a highlights reel that inspires every young kid to play footy :rolleyes::rolleyes: I can see them playing in the backyard practicing their scorpions, leg twists, crushers and chicken wings ....Smith has given the game soooo much. o_O

Billy Slater by a country mile. Best Fullback I've seen play the game. ....and a highlights reel to match.

with a highlights reel that inspires every young kid to play footy :rolleyes::rolleyes: I can see them playing in the backyard practicing their scorpions, leg twists, crushers and chicken wings ....Smith has given the game soooo much. o_O

Billy Slater by a country mile. Best Fullback I've seen play the game. ....and a highlights reel to match.

Aaaaand there it is.. All got opinions...

Slater was great, as was Thurston, Inglis, Cronk, bunch of others...

But in my mind no one can match Smith for;

Longevity - played the whole decade, didn't miss any of it. There are others who've played the whole decade but only Cronk would come close to matches played. Slater missed 2019 and a most of the season a few years before.
Captaining - Captained his club for the whole decade, along with his state and country for most of it
Titles - Premierships, Origin Series, World Cups, Dally M …… a bonanza - and he captained the lot.
Best in Position - No one knocked Smith out of the hooking role at any level. Club state or country. Unquestioned. Others got moved around a bit and mainly at reps - including Slater, Inglis & Thurston.
Game Management - absolute all-time champion managing the game and referees. Like it or hate it (most hate it) the guy's a genius.

You can go on all the highlight reels you like and they'll all be backs. Slater was as spectacular as I've ever seen at fullback. Probably the best. And his highlight reel would go longer than The Irishman. Forwards don't have highlight reels.

But in my opinion if I could have had any player in my club over the last decade - ie who was the player I feared the most when any team played us..... it'd be Smith hands down.

Latest posts