What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Simple Jack was stood down at some point was he not? Maybe when cctv footage became public iirc. And that didn’t involve alleged assault on authorities. Can’t see how Scott plays for Canberra if charges are proven.

He should actually cop it worse as jack did it before the no fault stand down rule Where toddy said enough is enough with off field incidents

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Welp we can't get Joey back so we're gonna have to keep him. Gonna need counselling and an alcohol ban though. We're screwed in the outside backs for a while though.

If he pleads guilty straight away it will still probably be 6-8 weeks until he is sentenced. Maybe wrapped up by April? Toddles will prob give him at least 10 weeks on top of games already missed.

This is assuming he doesn't catch the Magistrate on a bad day :joy:

Valheru

Coach
Simple Jack was stood down at some point was he not? Maybe when cctv footage became public iirc. And that didn’t involve alleged assault on authorities. Can’t see how Scott plays for Canberra if charges are proven.

He was stood down pre no fault policy because he plead guilty.

8 weeks and $125k seems fair to me.

shear_joy9

Coach
If he pleads guilty straight away it will still probably be 6-8 weeks until he is sentenced. Maybe wrapped up by April? Toddles will prob give him at least 10 weeks on top of games already missed.

This is assuming he doesn't catch the Magistrate on a bad day :joy:

that's the best case scenario. If he's guilty of assaulting a police officer he'll be sacked and lucky to avoid jail time.

Now we have to wait and see if any other Canberra boys got into some trouble

Fangs

Coach
Alleged to have assaulted a police officer.

Pretty easy one. Stand him down, and if found guilty immediately de-register.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
that's the best case scenario. If he's guilty of assaulting a police officer he'll be sacked and lucky to avoid jail time.

Now we have to wait and see if any other Canberra boys got into some trouble
I don't see how he fights it. From reports he was by himself, so it's 3-4 cops as witnesses vs a bloke who was so blotto he had passed out in a park.

But court can be pretty lenient on first offenders if they're remorseful and taking the steps to fix their behaviour. He needs to do his part to fix this mess.

Xcalibre

Juniors
He should actually cop it worse as jack did it before the no fault stand down rule Where toddy said enough is enough with off field incidents

That was my point. Jack assaulted civilians. But it was the club that stood him down I thought? Happy to be corrected.

Edit: As per Valheru’s post I suppose it was the NRL that stood Wighton down, so unless he is mates with Todd, he’s probably buckleys of starting the season.

BadnMean

Juniors
Will be interesting to see what the NRL thinks is worse; assaulting a woman (Sivo); random people (wighton); a bouncer (Fifitia); or a police officer (Scott).

So far the punishments are Wighton= 10 weeks, Fifita= 0 weeks, Sivo= pending, & Scott= pending.

I suspect the answer might come back as= take your holidays overseas boys! It's a penalty free zone out there, but you'll get months if you do it in Oz.

lynx000

Juniors
They let Lodge play. Scott will be fine.
They let Lodge play after he was out of the NRL for 2 years and went through a rehab program supervised by the Integrity Unit which included alcohol and behavioural courses and psychological counselling. He was only allowed back in the NRL when the Integrity Unit indicated its satisfaction with his compliance. Once again, don't let the facts get in the way of a great rant.

They let Lodge play after he was out of the NRL for 2 years and went through a rehab program supervised by the Integrity Unit which included alcohol and behavioural courses and psychological counselling. He was only allowed back in the NRL when the Integrity Unit indicated its satisfaction with his compliance. Once again, don't let the facts get in the way of a great rant.
And no jail time.

Latest posts