What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
I heard a rumour today that its going to be a very wet winter with lots of wet weather footy.
This will suit the "powergame" and the Dragons will win the comp.
My source is some guy on Facebook that signs off D4L on every post FYI.

BLM01

First Grade
Soward never played well with the no. 7 on his back.
As much as i admired Sowie for what he did for us with those legs and helping get us to that elusive premiership I agree with the club letting him go as he played his best football under Benny (he reckons it was under Ivan) and lets face it he will also be renowned for not enjoying the collision part of the sport which was his downfall with or without the ball in hand and it ended up proving he was not worth the money he thought he was or Penrith paid to actually lead a side from the front as a premier half.
Our supporters were up in arms about the way he left and I get he wanted some sort of last lap of honour say after the last Dragons home game when he signed with Penrith instead of leaving the way he did and maybe he did deserve that but that was purely down to cant look you in the eye Pricey and our crap CEO and football club management.
But the facts were his best was behind him and Penrith only took 2 out of 4 years and then decided to let him go

Dragonslayer

First Grade
There is a whisper that Tedesco may have torn his pectoral at training late last week.
If true, who plays fullback for the Roosters now that both Mitchell and Smith are unavailable.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
There is a whisper that Tedesco may have torn his pectoral at training late last week.
If true, who plays fullback for the Roosters now that both Mitchell and Smith are unavailable.
This has been disproven by multiple reputable sources

Frank Facer

First Grade
Last year when Teddy was out, Easts played Manu fullback and he played very well on a couple occasions. I think Many would be their first choice back up for Teddy.

There is already talk that Easts may play B Morris left centre. Last year he played centre for them in their game against the Super League champions and had a great game. I always said that B Morris was too good to be stuck on the wing and should have either been playing fullback or centre.

Old Timer

Coach
Curtis Scott Raiders contract to be cancelled.
Dugan back to Raiders.
Scott to St George for his bad boy rehab programme and be our compulsory Raiders signing even though he didn't play 1 game for them.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I heard a rumour today that its going to be a very wet winter with lots of wet weather footy.
This will suit the "powergame" and the Dragons will win the comp.
My source is some guy on Facebook that signs off D4L on every post FYI.
I bloody hope it is because we need rain badly. We have barely got a drop out of all this rain lately in Canberra. Had hail the size of cricket balls but no rain. I would take a completely washed out NRL season if it meant the end of the drought.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Last year when Teddy was out, Easts played Manu fullback and he played very well on a couple occasions. I think Many would be their first choice back up for Teddy.

There is already talk that Easts may play B Morris left centre. Last year he played centre for them in their game against the Super League champions and had a great game. I always said that B Morris was too good to be stuck on the wing and should have either been playing fullback or centre.
I remember when Darius was having a few problems adapting to fullback and Morris played fullback for us on a few occasions. I was spewing when they didn't keep him there, I thought he'd go much better than Boyd. I obviously turned out to be wrong because he won the CC in the GF the following year but who knows how good BMoz could have been with a solid year or two there.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Soward never played well with the no. 7 on his back.
He barely played there, I actually don't remember him ever playing there. Im sure things would be different though if he was with Widdop. Even if all he did was get us field position with the odd dart when he got the chance it would have done the job for us.

Any honest news about who our last three players will be this year.
All very quiet up my way with my usual sources about Saints.
Any further updates on Friz extending. I’m heading it’s all but done but unsure on the details so could be wrong.
If DeBelin is found guilty who does his cash go to, are we simply waiting on this outcome before anymore happenings.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Looking at our 26 contracted players so far.....we seem to have reasonable cover for halves, hooker, FB, centres, wing, second row

No job would mean back to 25 players

Centre we need a strike player but we have serious emerging talent for the centres and i suspect Aitken and Lafai will move on half way thru or end of 2020 if no major improvement and we will blood youth in the centres if not tracking for a top8

Graham will no doubt be 50/50 re injuries and so to Korbin most seasons ....so i want a prop/13 asap that can add starch and or first hit up...Kerr, blacker, lawrie are handy but not sold

Ie if JDB is found guilty and or the case is appealed after Feb and is expected to go on all year which it can easily do..... we would have to have provisions discussed with the NRL. Both the Dragons and NRL would have this sorted given minimal heat wanted in the media.

If either of the above scenarios happen we can go hard with the JDB $550k pa available and potentially another $400 to $600k pa plus still sitting free for the remaining 4 spots in our top 30

Nathan Brown parra, 27 yrs of age in March and exactly the ball runner we need on 1st or 4th hit up. Parra jave gone all out with their cap and trying to peak for 2020. Guessing he is now worth $600k pa and good value?

Liam knight similar and a strong trajectory he is on.

Other extreme ie minimal cost sokutions for depth ie Hame Sale would be cheap but not convinced at all he will do a Nathan Brown and leapfrog at 22/23ish into a serious FG middle player.....Kyle Rodwell or Tom Amone similar but will want opportunity with Arrow joining asap and couod be great value if we get in for 2021 and can obtain a release for 2020 with a bit paid already by south's