What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

BadnMean

Juniors
They entered mediation mid-2018 and came to an agreement. The figure was kept confidential, but that's why there was a delay as they were trying to come to an agreement.

Lodge has matured into a strong leader and while it's difficult ever envisioning him as the face of the Broncos, he's won a lot of people over at the club.

He's banging the door down for origin selection.

BadnMean

Juniors
The amount was ordered by a court at a hearing where Lodge did not appear (because he could not afford legal representation after being sacked by West Tigers), where none of the evidence was tested or contradicted in anyway and the Court heard one version of the facts. In effect a default judgment. The damages award was excessive and was not capable of being enforced in Australia.

Who are you Donald Trump? Courts are invalid now? They don't come with an asterisk mate, it's not the NRL.

If a pro sports player breaks in to a home, assaults you and those you love & makes you think you really might die by his hands right there, in a drug fuelled rampage- I think you want fair compo.

Smart judge knew he'd probably be back earning mid six figures pretty quick because lo and behold... here he is doing just that... Judges ain't dumb. And he should pay.

In fact US law GUARANTEES you legal representation if you cannot afford your own. And if Lodge shoved all his money up his nose before terrorising a family, are we supposed to cry him a river?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
It absolutely sucks for a building team like the Raiders to cop this crap from a bloke who is being paid big money, yet not played a minute on the field for them. Way to build trust with your new teammates.

Raiders fans, I think the Raiders need to plan for life without Curtis Scott for 2020.

*I think it is a virtual certainty that he'll be stood down within the next couple of days by the NRL. Blurry testimony from a Suva waitress and an angry spouse is completely different from professional police officers doing their job. He won't play football until after his hearing (very best scenario for him).

*If the charges against him stick, even if he miraculously escapes jail time, I can't see him keeping his registration with the NRL for 2020 at least. Curtis Scott is a public figure...would be a very bad look to see him on a football field this year.

Didn’t George tafua still play after assaulting a police officer in qld?

Wizardman

First Grade
Didn’t George tafua still play after assaulting a police officer in qld?
The goalposts have genuinely been moved since the last off season. Without knowing the details of that case, I'd say he'd be on the sidelines if he did it today.

lynx000

Juniors
Who are you Donald Trump? Courts are invalid now? They don't come with an asterisk mate, it's not the NRL.

If a pro sports player breaks in to a home, assaults you and those you love & makes you think you really might die by his hands right there, in a drug fuelled rampage- I think you want fair compo.

Smart judge knew he'd probably be back earning mid six figures pretty quick because lo and behold... here he is doing just that... Judges ain't dumb. And he should pay.

In fact US law GUARANTEES you legal representation if you cannot afford your own. And if Lodge shoved all his money up his nose before terrorising a family, are we supposed to cry him a river?
You are only guaranteed legal representation in criminal proceedings, not civil litigation.

lynx000

Juniors
Im not sure how punching an emergency services officer in the face can be minimised. Maybe, if he did his crime in Bali like Dave Fafita....lol. Scott needs Johnny Cochrane to get him off here.
I said nothing about getting him off.

Fantastic straw man argument there, where did I say courts were invalid?

The award was excessive, that is why they settled for less. The award was unenforceable here, that is why they settled for less. PS, there are these things called appeal courts that regularly overturn judgments when lower courts get them wrong. Look it up, you will be amazed.

Canard

Immortal
They entered mediation mid-2018 and came to an agreement. The figure was kept confidential, but that's why there was a delay as they were trying to come to an agreement.

Lodge has matured into a strong leader and while it's difficult ever envisioning him as the face of the Broncos, he's won a lot of people over at the club.

He should have never played again, IMO.

The Broncos getting a player on the cheap, isn't a reason to damage the entire competitions reputation for.

betcats

Referee
According to the NSW Police Force's version of events.

We have not yet heard Mr Scott's version.

Mr Scott's been granted bail (always a positive indication for an accused) and his matter is next listed 20 February 2020 before the Downing Centre Local Court.

Again, I'll reserve my opinion until this matter is finalised...

His word Vs the police probably doesn’t end well for him.

Wizardman

First Grade
He should have never played again, IMO.

The Broncos getting a player on the cheap, isn't a reason to damage the entire competitions reputation for.
The timing of when Lodge committed his NYC crime makes him a very lucky man. If he did it during the last offseason, he would not be playing football today. He would also know that his career is on an absolute tightrope....one wrong move and his career will be over.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The real question is what was he on that he needed a taser to calm him down?

Dem some strong vodka red bulls...

BadnMean

Juniors
The police version may well include body worn camera (BWC) footage. Is that standard issue to frontline cops in NSW these days?
I’m a raiders fan but I still hope the footage gets leaked just so I can have the satisfaction of seeing this merkin get tasered.

Vee

First Grade
"Officers attached to Surry Hills Police Area Command located the man and attempted to assist him...[t]he man was [then] tasered and arrested": Source

Hot dang that's some mighty fine 'assistance' provided by the NSW Police Force?!

I'll reserve my opinion on this matter until Mr Scott has his day in court...
Nice edit, you should work for Rupert.

moffla

Bench
To think that this guy could have stayed in Melbourne, lived the quiet life and made as much money as he ever needed.

Was upset at the time, but now relieved he’s no longer our problem

Rod McClusky

Juniors
when I was younger a tattoo ( or an earing ) distinguished you from the crowd......now the crowd is wearing them so it's pointless. Nothing screams low self esteem trailer trash more than a tattoo....look at me I'm a tough guy..... now they up the ante by getting them on their neck or face.... neck tattoos = dumber than a second coat of paint.
I can think of a few inner city hipster lefties on this forum that would have neck and face tattoos

Latest posts