What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

Vee

First Grade
Under s 60(3A) Mr Scott is liable to imprisonment for 14 years.

However, Mr Scott may have been arrested* and charged under s 60(1) - (2A) and would therefore only be liable to imprisonment for 9 years.

*Assuming the arrest was lawful.
Interesting the difference between in maximum penalty for the base offence. In NSW, 5yrs, in Qld, 6 mths.

SBD82

Coach
The police version may well include body worn camera (BWC) footage. Is that standard issue to frontline cops in NSW these days?
It’s standard that it should be on. It’s often not. It’s surprising how often it’s accidentally off. Especially when people claim that the police behaved badly.

Coincidences are weird huh?

myrrh ken

First Grade
What great cameraderie the Canberra boys have.

Leave your new recruit sleeping it off in the bushes instead of dragging him back to the place they are all sharing.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
What great cameraderie the Canberra boys have.

Leave your new recruit sleeping it off in the bushes instead of dragging him back to the place they are all sharing.

When you’re behaving like a complete flog this can definitely happen.
Can’t it Johnsy?

betcats

Referee
It’s standard that it should be on. It’s often not. It’s surprising how often it’s accidentally off. Especially when people claim that the police behaved badly.

Coincidences are weird huh?

Its up to the police wearing it when its on and when it isn't according to this, no standard for it to be on all the time the officers are well within in their rights to have it turned off.

"As of July there were 5,217 body-worn cameras being used by NSW police to record incidents, crime scenes and interactions with the public. The standard operating procedures document states officers can choose when to activate them and deactivate them, but outlines when officers should and should not film"

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ody-worn-cameras-should-turn-on-automatically

SBD82

Coach
Its up to the police wearing it when its on and when it isn't according to this, no standard for it to be on all the time the officers are well within in their rights to have it turned off.

"As of July there were 5,217 body-worn cameras being used by NSW police to record incidents, crime scenes and interactions with the public. The standard operating procedures document states officers can choose when to activate them and deactivate them, but outlines when officers should and should not film"

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ody-worn-cameras-should-turn-on-automatically
Those guidelines say that it should be on when policing incidents that involve antisocial behaviour. (Page 7)

betcats

Referee
Those guidelines say that it should be on when policing incidents that involve antisocial behaviour. (Page 7)

"Police will not be required to record their entire shift or every interaction that occurs whilst on duty"

Its pretty easy to imagine incidents that evolve quickly from not serious to serious and the officers involved not having time to stop and turn on their body cam while someone is trying to get away or attack them.

The Rosco

Bench
If I cbf, I'd look up how to make them memes thingies.
It'd show BJ in a WT jersey doing a heel clicker running away from Scott punching a copper in the background.
The caption would be a cool line from BJ. something like " Looks like I came right on time", or some such other ejaculatory/timing quip.
Help me out here, kids.

betcats

Referee
If I cbf, I'd look up how to make them memes thingies.
It'd show BJ in a WT jersey doing a heel clicker running away from Scott punching a copper in the background.
The caption would be a cool line from BJ. something like " Looks like I came right on time", or some such other ejaculatory/timing quip.
Help me out here, kids.

Why don't you meme BJ not passing to an unmarked Rapana for a certain try in the GF.

TheFrog

Coach
Im not sure how punching an emergency services officer in the face can be minimised. Maybe, if he did his crime in Bali like Dave Fafita....lol. Scott needs Johnny Cochrane to get him off here.
Fifita knucked a pub bouncer at Kuta Beach. Scott knuckled a policeman (or two?) in Sydney. There is a difference.