What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Travitoh

First Grade
Why not seek that better opportunity at Souths a good player will fight his way into a side. Don’t you rate Douehi?

I do rate Doueihi, it's why i didn't care much for bringing in Mitchell.

Now that Latrell is at Souths, Doueihi's best opportunity of minutes will be from the bench. Wests can offer him a FB job with a good chance at increasing his value beyond his current contract. He'd be a fool to turn it down.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Damn, some Souths supporters are never happy. We have had one of the biggest recruitment off seasons in a long time. We signed arguably the best off contract forward in Arrow and easily the best off contract back in Mitchell which replace both Sam and GI.

We have some high quality juniors coming through in Dargan, Taafe, Dillon, Sironen, Marsters, Josh Cook. (I’m definitely missing a few here as well) Give these players time and they will eventually turn into your Campbell Graham’s, Cameron Murray’s and Adam Reynolds’. We are a club that are really good at developing players into first grade players. We have been for the last couple of years. We have let so many players go and fans always complain but we always manage to replace them. Doueihi is a fantastic player but Doueihi is replaceable.

I don’t want to be the club that holds players back from first grade. I want to be the club that develops players into regular first graders which is what we have done.

Doueihi also was a tigers fan and tigers junior growing up. Let him return home and play under Madge. I wish nothing but the best for him as a player as I know he’s a gun in the making.

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
Damn, some Souths supporters are never happy. We have had one of the biggest recruitment off seasons in a long time. We signed arguably the best off contract forward in Arrow and easily the best off contract back in Mitchell which replace both Sam and GI.

We have some high quality juniors coming through in Dargan, Taafe, Dillon, Sironen, Marsters, Josh Cook. (I’m definitely missing a few here as well) Give these players time and they will eventually turn into your Campbell Graham’s, Cameron Murray’s and Adam Reynolds’. We are a club that are really good at developing players into first grade players. We have been for the last couple of years. We have let so many players go and fans always complain but we always manage to replace them. Doueihi is a fantastic player but Doueihi is replaceable.

I don’t want to be the club that holds players back from first grade. I want to be the club that develops players into regular first graders which is what we have done.

Doueihi also was a tigers fan and tigers junior growing up. Let him return home and play under Madge. I wish nothing but the best for him as a player as I know he’s a gun in the making.
Great post. We often forget we have some absolute stars in SG ball and HMatts. Some of these kids will be hitting their stride in 2-4 years. With The base of players we are recruiting ATM, I think our window is widening from about 2 years to next 4-5 years. Exciting times.

handyman2190

Bench
But is there a cap problem? They keep saying we are not over the cap even if Arrow comes over this year, we can keep Doueihi and sign Latrell. Is it spin to cover up another deal?
I dont think we have a cap problem perse, all clubs have tight caps, i think its more we are paying some players too much, eg gagai on the wing on 700k AJ pushing for FB on 400odd k, when you consider Addo car on 330k whats AJ doing on 400?

truthslayer

Juniors
Great post. We often forget we have some absolute stars in SG ball and HMatts. Some of these kids will be hitting their stride in 2-4 years. With The base of players we are recruiting ATM, I think our window is widening from about 2 years to next 4-5 years. Exciting times.
Time will tell but I don’t agree re Douehi .

truthslayer

Juniors
I do rate Doueihi, it's why i didn't care much for bringing in Mitchell.

Now that Latrell is at Souths, Doueihi's best opportunity of minutes will be from the bench. Wests can offer him a FB job with a good chance at increasing his value beyond his current contract. He'd be a fool to turn it down.
Fair enough time will tell .

Travitoh

First Grade
I dont think we have a cap problem perse, all clubs have tight caps, i think its more we are paying some players too much, eg gagai on the wing on 700k AJ pushing for FB on 400odd k, when you consider Addo car on 330k whats AJ doing on 400?

To be fair, Addo-Carr's next contract will be worth double that at a minimum. His current contract was signed in 2017.
AJ's earning potential has arguably peaked.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
IMO when an opportunity presents itself like signing Latrell at such a reduced price and risk to the club, you just cant pass on that, even if it means someone has to go. Obviously Doueihi wouldn't have been fist choice but if Gagai and Johnston are refusing to budge (which is their perogative) or other teans aren't interested then IIWII.

I hope that Doueihi reconsiders going to Melb. Its a good team, great coach and system, and we might be able to swing a swap for JAC

CliveC

Juniors
This kind of makes me realise that Bennett is a good person as well as a good coach. He was straight up with Doueihi and didn’t f**k him around. We could’ve easily made him wait out his contract and be a backup but Bennett knows he’s a quality player that can get game time at other clubs. Good job South Sydney and good job Bennett. Maybe one day we’ll see Doueihi return to the club.

We will also have more cash to go towards resigning that huge off contract list at the end of the season.
Of AJ,Gags and Dewey who has the most potential.
No brainer!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Mate well said, but as long as Easts don’t get him, surely they won’t.

My only concern is if Cody or Reyno go down I don’t think we have anyone that is ready yet and that’s a worry.

truthslayer

Juniors
Some Souths fans:
Doueihi isn't good enough. Get Latrell Mitchell in!

The same Souths fans:
Why would the club let Doueihi go? He's a gun!
You. Can check my posts i for one never mentioned Mitchell, I dont agree letting douehi go and re Mitchell he has a bit to prove at souths. Anyhow he is gone our loss . I HOPE HE KILLS IT for the tigers.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Mate well said, but as long as Easts don’t get him, surely they won’t.

My only concern is if Cody or Reyno go down I don’t think we have anyone that is ready yet and that’s a worry.

Taafe, Dargan and Hawkins. Hawkins has been lurking around for a while now it’s definitely time for him to prove to the club if he’s going to be first grade standard. Taafe and Dargan have been reportedly ‘training the house down’ as well. Playing with heaps of confidence against the first grade boys.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Off to the Tigers Mate
Thank God for that then, I’m disappointed I won’t lie but I’m ok with it.

As I said above my concern is if Reyno or Cody go down Dargan, Ta’affe and Hawkins aren’t ready for first grade yet.

Whereas if Latrell goes down we have back up in AJ, we don’t have that in the halves.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Taafe, Dargan and Hawkins. Hawkins has been lurking around for a while now it’s definitely time for him to prove to the club if he’s going to be first grade standard. Taafe and Dargan have been reportedly ‘training the house down’ as well. Playing with heaps of confidence against the first grade boys.
I don’t have confidence in Hawkins mate, I’ll see how the other two go.

I’ve heard the issue with Dargan is he’s defensively pretty poor.