What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel folau

Perth Red

Post Whore
When did Izzy preach it ok to kill?
You might not think that you are a bigot, but your actions in this forum prove you hate Christians
Maybe you reflect on your own postings

actually I dislike religion, I dont confine my disdain to Christianity. That doesn’t mean I don’t respect peoples right to belief what ever dumb arse sht they want. Just keep it to yourself.
Ps you didn’t answer if it’s ok for a Muslim to preach hatred towards infidels because he believes a book says so? Or hw about someone preaching that it’s ok to kill someone who works on the sabbath because the bible says so? Where do you draw your line on what is ok to preach out of these fictional books?

Rod McClusky

Juniors
actually I dislike religion, I dont confine my disdain to Christianity. That doesn’t mean I don’t respect peoples right to belief what ever dumb arse sht they want. Just keep it to yourself.
Ps you didn’t answer if it’s ok for a Muslim to preach hatred towards infidels because he believes a book says so?
No
I do not believe muslims should preach death towards infidels

DeeJ

Bench
What has he said gays can't do? Has he said hates them, wants them executed? He stated a theological belief which people who don't even believe in his hell get all upset about, I bet most don't even know what the hell hell even is.

That's what I always thought. Does anyone even believe in hell anymore? Or even care?

I think people just want to be upset and outraged for the sake of it, and to hold their moral superiority over others.

Snoochies

First Grade
That's what I always thought. Does anyone even believe in hell anymore? Or even care?

I think people just want to be upset and outraged for the sake of it, and to hold their moral superiority over others.

Everyone's jumped the gun and stood on their high horse and getting upset about something they don't understand or even believe in.

Izzy truly believes in the firey hell, that's on him and he's not at all saying he wants gays to burn, if he did, yes get outraged but to him he's trying to stop that happening.

Yes it's easy to disagree with him theologically but if we look at what he actually believes, has he at all said he hates gays and wants them to burn, does he want them executed, does he want them to stop playing league or take away their rights?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everyone's jumped the gun and stood on their high horse and getting upset about something they don't understand or even believe in.

Izzy truly believes in the firey hell, that's on him and he's not at all saying he wants gays to burn, if he did, yes get outraged but to him he's trying to stop that happening.

Yes it's easy to disagree with him theologically but if we look at what he actually believes, has he at all said he hates gays and wants them to burn, does he want them executed, does he want them to stop playing league or take away their rights?

no but what is he staying is that it is wrong and sinful to be gay and you should not be who you are but instead be what he says you should be, and if you dont change your damned. Now any sane person would just scoff at the delusions of the bloke, but for a certain section of society this type of messaging gives them an ok to denigrate and be hateful to gay people. The consequences of that are terrible and why we have sky high suicide attempt rates in young gay people. In itself what he says is nonsense and should be mocked for the batsht craziness it is, but when you have such a marginalised and historically shamed group as gay people it matters. And yes he does want to take away their most fundamental rights, to be yourself and fall in love with the person you are attracted to.

Rod McClusky

Juniors
no but what is he staying is that it is wrong and sinful to be gay and you should not be who you are but instead be what he says you should be, and if you dont change your damned. Now any sane person would just scoff at the delusions of the bloke, but for a certain section of society this type of messaging gives them an ok to denigrate and be hateful to gay people. The consequences of that are terrible and why we have sky high suicide attempt rates in young gay people. In itself what he says is nonsense and should be mocked for the batsht craziness it is, but when you have such a marginalised and historically shamed group as gay people it matters. And yes he does want to take away their most fundamental rights, to be yourself and fall in love with the person you are attracted to.
You could be talking about yourself, you want to marginalise, mock and ridicule Christians. You are a bigot

Rhyno

First Grade
At least being in super league he will hardly get any tv time they only record one match a week and their average crowds are only about 3,000 people

Folau to play for Tonga

Catalans’ controversial signing Israel Folau is keen on representing Tonga on the international stage.

The 30-year-old, who was born in Australia to Tongan parents, planned to play for the Mate Ma’a in last year’s autumn internationals but it didn’t go ahead after the Tongan National Rugby League’s international membership was suspended. Folau is expected to play centre for the Dragons in Super League and wants to pin his international allegiance to Tonga.
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/off-the-record-rugby-league-rumours-and-gossip-195/

Pommy

Coach
At least being in super league he will hardly get any tv time they only record one match a week and their average crowds are only about 3,000 people

Catalan got about 10,500 average last year compared to Paras 18,000.
Considering league is a minority sport in France and they’re located in a different country to all their opponents I don’t think that’s a bad number.
Para on the other hand can spit to about 3/4 of their opponents and still can’t fill their nice new stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDD91

Juniors

2-3 televised games a week, and approx half the league averaged 5 figure crowds last season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's normally 2-3 games a week on TV for Super League actually, and they're simulcast by Fox League here in Australia. The first involving Catalans (at the moment) isn't til a Friday night (UK)/Sat morning (AEDT) at the end of March when they're away to Warrington.

Catalans lowest crowd last year was 7,700 from what I can see, and topped 10k on one occasion, with the rest being in the 8k-9k bracket. So comparable to the lower end of NRL clubs.

Springs09

Juniors

The 'moral superiority' is the big part, it's also f**king hypocritical considering who we already have playing professional league.

Keegan Hirst said this in a statement yesterday:
“They either don’t care about what he has said or they do care but are willing to park their values and morals for the sake of a few extra tries a year.

“All the work rugby league has done with Women’s Super League and women’s rugby, all the stuff we have done with diversity and inclusion – this one signing has undermined all of those people and their hard work. It has also alienated all the LGBT fans or fans who have any kind of moral backbone"

Any kind of moral backbone? If anyone is alienated from league because of this and their 'moral backbone' well they have been alienated years ago. Why didn't anyone say this kind of hyperbole when clubs signed Lodge or Packer or Wicks or Bird or Edwards or Tetevano or Fonua-Blake? Anyone who still supported the game after welcoming back all the convicted criminals and abusers but have decided this is the straw that broke the camel's moral backbone is a hypocrite.

Springs09

Juniors
Sorry?

What does your transphobia have to do with the passing of marriage equality law?

Oh f**k off with that shit again

There is no such thing as trans kids and parents who push that shit on to their children are child abusers. It's disgusting.

Latest posts