What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Spot On

Coach
What can you do when Gagai, Johnstone and/or Burns won't leave and/or no other club wants them?

You want us to pass on Latrell at bargain basement prices?

Every Souths guy Ive spoken to for the last 3 years would have killed to have Latrell on our team. Now that he is here, there is all this reticence and doubt. Forget what the media and other team's fans are saying about Latrell will fail, its not gonna happen

I don't care what Souths do re Gags or AJ. The damage is done with Doueihi leaving.

I simply can't believe a talent like that is going to be moved on.

Bizzarre.

But it is fantastic for another club to get him. A real coup.

Whoever gave Gagai 700K plus is a large part of this problem.

CliveC

Juniors
I don't care what Souths do re Gags or AJ. The damage is done with Doueihi leaving.

I simply can't believe a talent like that is going to be moved on.

Bizzarre.

But it is fantastic for another club to get him. A real coup.

Whoever gave Gagai 700K plus is a large part of this problem.
For Souths to hand over Dewey to the Chooks is insanity!
Anywhere else but there,the damage done to Souths is beyond belief by Easts.
They were big players in getting Souths turfed out of the comp.
And we gift them Dewey???

Travitoh

First Grade
Doueihi moving isn't a result of the salary cap. It's a result of him being shafted from what he would've thought an opportunity to claim a starting spot and is now seeking similar opportunities elsewhere.

AJ and Gagai are still at the club because they want to be, unlike Doueihi it seems.

As much as we all see him as an ideal 14 for 2020, he obviously wants more than that and rightly so. It's his career, not ours.

FWIW, Doueihi the half doesn't excite me. I see him as a FB.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Doueihi moving isn't a result of the salary cap. It's a result of him being shafted from what he would've thought an opportunity to claim a starting spot and is now seeking similar opportunities elsewhere.

AJ and Gagai are still at the club because they want to be, unlike Doueihi it seems.

As much as we all see him as an ideal 14 for 2020, he obviously wants more than that and rightly so. It's his career, not ours.

Hope it works out for him. Roosters or Storm might give him a start in the centres but he might end up at 14 in the long run at either club.

Mixo Joe

Juniors

I agree. I'm pretty ambivalent re Doueihi leaving. A solid player wuth potential yes but we have many other players with "potential". For me he lacks pace does not have a passing game and is somewhat selfish. Gags and AJ are proven NRL players who love souths. Gags SOO and Australian player AJ has played for Australia. Say no more. I wish Adam all the best wherever he lands. Fittler has probably promised him a bench spot in this years SOO team:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

southsport

First Grade
With the proposed loan swap between Wests and Melbourne, i wonder if Souths would consider similar by offering Doueihi on loan for an edge forward like Michael Chee Kam or Luke Garner in return?
Souths are supposed to be getting another quality forward from somewhere, I don't know where from though.

JAC is another likely signing for this season.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
If he goes to Easts they’ll be laughing if they get a halves injury they will have very good cover compared to us. Going for 3 in a row Douiehi will be an awesome addition to their squad and they have Verrills for hooker cover too, already Easts depth looks better than us!

Anyhow in other news:

getsmarty

Immortal
Tiger time: Discarded Doueihi snubs Roosters to sign $2.5M deal with Concord club
Wests Tigers
james_hooper.jpg

65d712a8bf2a0f523f351a22a6834bd1

Latrell Mitchell felt guilty about Adam Doueihi's departure from the Rabbitohs.Source: FOX SPORTS
Wests Tigers are on the cusp of securing one of the club’s most important signatures in years with local junior Adam Doueihi on the verge of returning to Concord.

Fox Sports has learned Tigers power brokers and Doueihi’s agent Sam Ayoub have been attempting to fine tune the terms on a four-year contract for the last 24 hours.

Provided the deal gets rubber-stamped, Doueihi will sign a four-year deal with the Tigers worth around $2.5 milllion.

The Roosters have also been at the negotiating table as well but the Tigers have the benefit of being able to offer Doueihi the football pathway of playing fullback this year and potentially moving into the halves when Benji Marshall retires.

The stability of a four-year contract is also a strong trump card for Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers new chairman Lee Hagipantelis has personally met Doueihi and presented the Tigers vision for the club.

Hagipantelis is believed to have played a crucial role in convincing the young gun to return to the club where Doueihi played junior football.

Doueihi played Australian Schoolboys rugby union and S.G Ball for Balmain Tigers before South Sydney signed him at the end of 2016.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/063acf9efab2d22fdc3a82ee419fc9a4

handyman2190

Bench
Just recieved notification from the club we have officially released AD, looks to be tigers bound, good luck Adam
And sharks centre bronson xeri has knocked back 500k deal,id say roosters will get him

Crowe

Juniors
Good luck to Adam but he looked at sea when he was in the halves. He’s definitely a better fullback. In saying that he struggled to break the line and set up his outside men. His two best attributes was that he was very safe and his first carry was always strong. I still think his best position is 14. In a good system like Melbourne he could probably be a starting fullback but in a team that struggle to score points like the Tigers he’s not really a great buy as he’s not sort of player that can create something out of nothing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Adam Doueihi on 2.5m over 4 years is insanity.

If South's can now sign JAC it's the best bit of business we've done since we signed Mitchell on 600k.
Of course Addo Carr would be awesome, but let’s be honest we need to find a forward or two, what we have right now in the pack won’t cut it in the big games in 2020.

Dunno who we will sign but I hope it’s someone reasonable.