What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

PJ

First Grade
Good Boys. 6. Relied heavily on kids misunderstanding of words.

Give it a miss

Nightingale 8.5 Pretty brutal revenge story set in Tasmania while they were busy setting about genocide.

Deserved far more attention than it got.

The Farewell. 8. Really entertaining story about an ex pat Chinese family coming together for a visit in their homeland

mackdadday

Juniors
Going through the Oscar films nowadays.

Jojo Rabbit. Thought it was brilliant although slightly behind Joker for best film. A good blend of comedy, history and tears. 8.5/10

Irishman. Alright film but didnt real bring anything new to the genre i thought. 7/10

Little Women. This story has been done to bits. Had to roll my eyes when Bob Odenkirk turned up. At least we got a bit of Hermione to look at. 6.5/10

Parasite. Excellent absorbing film that makes you contort with discomfort at times. 9/10

Xcalibre

Juniors
Braveheart 4k. Bought a bunch of 4k titles recently and watched this first.

I’ve seen it before but having a bad memory it was almost like watching for the first time. One thing a shitty memory is good for.

It’s a good story and I enjoyed the visual aspect more this time (one of the main reasons to watch in 4k). As it progresses I started remembering plot points and felt dread building. It’s a beautiful, tragic, and brutal film and a must for medieval and history nerds.

mongoose

Coach
Lost Highway - David Lynch thing from the mid 90s where people suddenly switch into other people and creepy looking men say creepy shit. I had seen it before. Patricia Arquette has a nice pair ...

Wizardman

First Grade
The grudge is one of the weakest attempts at horror I’ve ever seen

Avoid it
Im going to be Robinson Crusoe here and say that I liked the film. It was not scary but definitely unsettling. Quite nasty too. 2.5 out of 5

1917......wow! I thought the movie was going to be boring but I saw it anyway. Boy, was I wrong. Definitely, my favourite movie of the year so far. I have only seen "Joker" out of the nominated movies and "1917" is a better film. The star of the movie is definitely the one shot cinematography....it absolutely was a masterstroke by the director. It really helped to communicate the story. Outstanding. 5 out of 5.

axl rose

Bench
The star of the movie is definitely the one shot cinematography....it absolutely was a masterstroke by the director. It really helped to communicate the story. Outstanding. 5 out of 5.

Agree. I wish i didn't know about it going in though, I found it kind of distracting thinking about it and guessing where the 'cuts' were.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Think I recorded it on foxtel the other day. Haven’t seen it in a long time and remember it being excellent.

Also recorded Scarface because I don’t think I’ve ever seen it.

Storm13

Juniors
Ford vs Ferrari 8/10. Great movie but felt it could've captured the danger and consequences of racing in that era.

shiznit

Coach
The Prestige -

Hadn’t watched it in over a decade but obviously knowing the two big twist’s didn’t give me the same experience as when I first watched it...

but I watched it with my Mrs who was seeing it for the first time and seeing her reaction was priceless.

one of Nolan’s first but IMO one of his best.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Missus convinced me to watch A Simple Favour the other night.

I was expecting a pretty unremarkable chick flick, but it was much better than I thought. Blake Lively is a stone-cold fox, the plot is fun, and there's some laugh out loud moments in there as well.

Ending is a bit 'meh', but an overall solid little thriller. 6.5/10.

Wizardman

First Grade
Missus convinced me to watch A Simple Favour the other night.

I was expecting a pretty unremarkable chick flick, but it was much better than I thought. Blake Lively is a stone-cold fox, the plot is fun, and there's some laugh out loud moments in there as well.

Ending is a bit 'meh', but an overall solid little thriller. 6.5/10.
I liked it....that housewife annoyed me though.....lol

azzah72

Bench
I got to watch a preview of birds of prey tonight.

Great fun, like a bonkers, comic book John wick.

Thoroughly enjoyed it as a sheer popcorn movie.

DC are doing well lately.