What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
No idea who he is either but believe it will be announced tomorrow that he has signed for the Roosters. Can't say I saw this happening, however I think his versatility has convinced Trent Robinson.

It’s Certainly looking more like a dummy spitter now given you blokes have a guy named Teddy, who I hear is a good fullback..........unless he’s really done serious damage to his pec:thinking:

Vee

First Grade
Handy player. Wouldn't have thought he was worth 500k though.

What's the average wage now, salary cap divided by 30? Maybe he is in these days of increased salary caps.

It’s Certainly looking more like a dummy spitter now given you blokes have a guy named Teddy, who I hear is a good fullback..........unless he’s really done serious damage to his pec:thinking:

It has more to do with a certain Billy Smith doing his ACL which leaves the club with little depth in the outside backs.

wazdog

Juniors
Yep looks like the Tigpies have him. Fox Sports are reporting a 4 year deal for $2.5m.

There was talk of a player swap as well (were after a forward) but not sure if that will eventuate.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
Yep looks like the Tigpies have him. Fox Sports are reporting a 4 year deal for $2.5m.

There was talk of a player swap as well (were after a forward) but not sure if that will eventuate.

Its 4 years $ 1.9M. Slightly overs for mine, but if he reaches the heights that matches the hype it will be a bargain.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Doueihi has been officially released by the Bunnies. Expect his new club to be announced shortly.

Good on west’s for getting him but I’ve lost a lot of respect for him

I normally support our players who go to other clubs, even Angus to the roosters but this is just a dumb move by Doueihi.

I’ll be pulling him by the tail

Haffa

I normally support our players who go to other clubs, even Angus to the roosters but this is just a dumb move by Doueihi.

Blame Wayne.

Tiger5150

Bench

How about looking at your own club who pushed him out due to poor cap management. No matter, you guys still have Bryson Goodwin.

I think Bennett will need to win the comp in the next two years. I can see Bennett leaving Souffs in the same state as Newcastle.

SBD82

Coach

What a load of bollocks.

He has the opportunity to play for his old club, under a coach whose systems he would be familiar with.

He also has the opportunity to be a key player in turning around the club’s form. He’s backing himself. Good on him.

wazdog

Juniors
How about looking at your own club who pushed him out due to poor cap management. No matter, you guys still have Bryson Goodwin.

I think Bennett will need to win the comp in the next two years. I can see Bennett leaving Souffs in the same state as Newcastle.

Err the Tigpies actually approached us about Doueihi and not the other way around. Bennett said that he was free to chase a starting fullback position elsewhere should one become available as Latrell would get first crack. He also went on to say that he is happy for him to see out his deal and fight out a spot in first grade.

We had the cap space available this year to fit them both in. I reckon if he hung around he would have most likely picked up a regular starting spot in the centres as Braidon Burns has yet to play more than double digit games in a season in the three years he's been at the club due to repeated injuries.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors

umm, with he greatest respect, you need to get your facts right

he wasn’t pushed out and we don’t have a cap issue :bulb:

Tiger5150

Bench
Err the Tigpies actually approached us about Doueihi and not the other way around. Bennett said that he was free to chase a starting fullback position elsewhere should one become available as Latrell would get first crack. He also went on to say that he is happy for him to see out his deal and fight out a spot in first grade.

We had the cap space available this year to fit them both in. I reckon if he hung around he would have most likely picked up a regular starting spot in the centres as Braidon Burns has yet to play more than double digit games in a season in the three years he's been at the club due to repeated injuries.

Yep but not next year when Doueihi salary was going up to $600K at Souffs. Thats why Latrells second year is in the clubs favour so its not binding under the cap. Wayne has fixed that issue now by pushing your best young prospect out the door. Nevermind, Bryson Goodwin is back

bull rider

Juniors
Yep but not next year when Doueihi salary was going up to $600K at Souffs. Thats why Latrells second year is in the clubs favour so its not binding under the cap. Wayne has fixed that issue now by pushing your best young prospect out the door. Nevermind, Bryson Goodwin is back

dooey is a plodder and nobodies best young prospect

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Oh noes. Random internet waggler has lost respect.

No more sleepies at night night time....