What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Presidents Cup & Sydney Shield

Pantherman72

Juniors
Sounds like between Hills and Asquith they have signed everyone possibly available?
Asquith had over 50 players last year to fill Shield and Massey. They have only gone with a top 30 this time and will use Shield to develop young players (their u20s won the comp in 2019), give genuine Massey players minutes and give Bears Flegg players game time. They have moved on almost their entire Shield team from the last few seasons other then the younger ones.

With added South sydney drop down during the year, Hills would have to go close to being Favourites this year.

I think this will be the closest fought Massey comp ever. Having little knowledge of who teams have signed its anyones guess. I think it will go something like below.

Mounties, Wentworthville, St Marys and Asquith will be stand outs.

Hills, Guildford, Cabramatta will make up the other three spots.

Windsor, Glebe, Fiji and Blacktown will fight it out for the last spot in the top eight.

Penrith Brothers will be back in Massey in 2021 and I'm hearing Wyong Roos want to enter Massey in 2021.

Pantherman72

Juniors
St.Marys are talking about going through undefeated they have recruited that well. Josh Martin from Manly has also joined them as has Jordan Hall, ex-Penrith and Blacktown Cup player.

rightleftin

Juniors
The Blacktown Workers NSW Cup squad published by NSWRL is as follows:
  • Pio Nakubwai
  • Sam Manuleleua
  • Kenneth Korro
  • Alfred Smalley
  • Bilal Maarbani
  • Gus Garzaniti
  • Alex Seve
  • Fred Junior Manala
  • Joeseph Tramontana
  • Mitch Butfield
  • Michael Tupou
  • Topiese Taufa
  • Jack Hayson
  • Lucas Castles
  • Rhys Sciglitano
  • Edward Ipape
  • Zac Dockar-Clay
  • Dane Aukofalau
  • Reed Izzard
  • Tuimavave Afualo
  • John Folau
  • Denzal Tonise
  • Francis Laloua-Tui
  • Andy Saunders
  • Tyler Cassell
Given that Manly will provide about 10 players to the BWSE Cup side each week, the remaining players in the 26 listed here will form the RMC team along with others like Sam Radovu, Ed Carter, Shaq Mitchell, Sione Tuipolutu and Ronny Palumbo, who have been mentioned in this thread.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Those wondering about the draws for these comps - I'm told the venue availability is a huge issue hence no release yet.

The Blacktown Workers NSW Cup squad published by NSWRL is as follows:
  • Pio Nakubwai
  • Sam Manuleleua
  • Kenneth Korro
  • Alfred Smalley
  • Bilal Maarbani
  • Gus Garzaniti
  • Alex Seve
  • Fred Junior Manala
  • Joeseph Tramontana
  • Mitch Butfield
  • Michael Tupou
  • Topiese Taufa
  • Jack Hayson
  • Lucas Castles
  • Rhys Sciglitano
  • Edward Ipape
  • Zac Dockar-Clay
  • Dane Aukofalau
  • Reed Izzard
  • Tuimavave Afualo
  • John Folau
  • Denzal Tonise
  • Francis Laloua-Tui
  • Andy Saunders
  • Tyler Cassell
Given that Manly will provide about 10 players to the BWSE Cup side each week, the remaining players in the 26 listed here will form the RMC team along with others like Sam Radovu, Ed Carter, Shaq Mitchell, Sione Tuipolutu and Ronny Palumbo, who have been mentioned in this thread.

Shaq Mitchell has signed with Souths. Apparently he forgot to tell Blacktown and just walked out on them

Bulabrother

Juniors
I think this will be the closest fought Massey comp ever. Having little knowledge of who teams have signed its anyones guess. I think it will go something like below.

Mounties, Wentworthville, St Marys and Asquith will be stand outs.

Hills, Guildford, Cabramatta will make up the other three spots.

Windsor, Glebe, Fiji and Blacktown will fight it out for the last spot in the top eight.

Penrith Brothers will be back in Massey in 2021 and I'm hearing Wyong Roos want to enter Massey in 2021.
Wyong entering Massey, quite actually suprised at that after them leaving NSW Cup at the end of 2018

rightleftin

Juniors
Mounties have posted that in addition to playing Wenty this Saturday, they have trials against St Marys on 22 Feb and Cabramatta on 29 Feb. Does this mean the Challenge Cup is a round robin this year rather than a knockout?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Wyong entering Massey, quite actually suprised at that after them leaving NSW Cup at the end of 2018

I may be mistaken but I don't think it was 100% Wyong's choice to leave. From what I've heard, Eastern Suburbs weren't willing to provide as much financial assistance as before, so Wyong ended the deal and Easts quickly snapped up Norths

Latest posts