What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The unknown

Juniors
Ok so who is our goal kicker because.
As we had the shittyest kicker in the comp for the past two seasons and if momo is going to melbourne . Then f**k me
maybe will need to try the goal kicker from minto cobras U10's

I’m guessing AD fills that role, but tbh I’ve never even seen him kick lol. All he needs to do is kick at least 30% of his attempts from the sideline and he’s already better than Marsters

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news...-appoint-ron-griffiths-as-coaching-assistant/

Wests Tigers appoint Ron Griffiths as Coaching Assistant

Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm that respected rugby league coach Ron Griffiths has joined the club as a Coaching Assistant for the 2020 NRL season.

Having worked closely with Michael Maguire and the club's coaching staff in 2019, Griffiths will take on a more formal role with the side in the coming year as well as providing assistance to the club's Indigenous and Community programs.

Griffiths joins Wests Tigers with the full sport of leading Australian Aboriginal organisation KARI Foundation with the goal of contributing to the club's already talented team in the continued development of junior coaching and recruitment, indigenous and community programs and mentor assistance to young players.

Prior to his official role with Wests Tigers, Griffiths previously coached the Kurri Kurri Bulldogs and Maitland Pickers in the Newcastle Rugby League competition.

gordynz

Juniors
South's fans are whinging about losing AD as their fullback. Given the talent they have signed you gotta think we may be onto something beautiful here
I was very impressed by AD from what I've seen and if I were a Souths fan, I would be filthy as well. The kid has a stack of talent and potential so touch wood theres no long term injuries or setbacks as I do think Madge will get the best out of him in the coming seasons.

super_coach

First Grade
Some talk Souths and the Tigers are talking about a player swap...we give them a forward they give us a back. No names and might just be crap, but I have heard people talking about Packer.

Anyway we can’t complain about a boring offseason our brand name has been in the media every day but Xmas day

gordsy

Juniors
Hahaha, thanks mate.
Us Roosters supporters are fantastic. We are not the biggest in number, but we are passionate about our team as much as anyone else. I think you are getting mixed up with the Rabble supporters, or perhaps those from the Eels, Bulldogs or Dragons!
Anyway, all good. Being reasonable, and not holding unnecessary grudges, is the Roosters way, quite a contrast to certain other clubs in this competition.
Anyway, as mentioned, well done on the signing. Things seem to be looking up in Tigerland.

This should be the standard mods look for when other supporters want to join in the convo here.
Posts like this all good and go for gold.
Posts from stupid merkins like Old Flog get deleted and the member banned from this part of the forum.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Some talk Souths and the Tigers are talking about a player swap...we give them a forward they give us a back. No names and might just be crap, but I have heard people talking about Packer.

Anyway we can’t complain about a boring offseason our brand name has been in the media every day but Xmas day
It’s definitely Packer & I’m
hearing only for 1 yr until Arrow arrives.I don’t know who we want in return but it would obviously b an outside back.

super_coach

First Grade
It’s definitely Packer & I’m
hearing only for 1 yr until Arrow arrives.I don’t know who we want in return but it would obviously b an outside back.

The one year loan thing will the best thing since sliced bread for NRL clubs. IMO I would like to see either or both Packer and JR off our books, but if they can not be done a one year swap for something we need would suit me

Tigerm

First Grade

Give em nothing. Though maybe we could take LM for a season:)

Tiger Ted

Bench
The one year loan thing will the best thing since sliced bread for NRL clubs. IMO I would like to see either or both Packer and JR off our books, but if they can not be done a one year swap for something we need would suit me
I will b doing cartwheels if we shifted those 2.However due to his pending court case JR won’t b going anywhere.

Tigerm

First Grade
NRL.com are saying:

The WT's club are claiming that they still have enough cap space to continue 'Aggressive" signing spree.

They have locked in 29 of the 30 required.

Legion

Juniors
No mate, that boat has sailed :rowboat:♀️
Thank Thor for that. I see liability written all over him.

He now has no excuses. He's 'come home', has been given the position he wanted, the balls in his court & it's 100% up to him to prove his doubters wrong.

Normally I'm mainly focused on what the Tigers are doing & watching the top teams compete.
This year is starting to look really good for us & we have good reason to expect good things to come our way .... finally. [Maguire is like a breath of fresh air] But gee, after all the drama, watching how LM goes has added an extra layer of interest for many of us.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Some details on the player swap that haven't been previously reported.

Tigers, Storm close to landmark loan deal that could change the game
By Sam Phillips
January 31, 2020 — 6.20pm

The Tigers and Storm will next week officially unveil the first loan deal in NRL history.

Both clubs were hopeful of announcing the swap – which will see Paul Momirovski play for Melbourne this season and Harry Grant start the year at hooker for the Tigers – on Friday, but the finer details of the deal are still being completed.

Because the deal is the first of its kind, there is no contractual mechanism for such a player swap to take place, meaning both clubs have been forced to release their players for this season. They will then return to their original clubs for the 2021 season, though Momirovski is yet to officially put pen to paper on a deal for 2021 and beyond.

An announcement will, in all likelihood, be made on Monday with Momirovski expected to head south as soon as this weekend to begin training with Craig Bellamy's Storm squad.

Momirovski will fill the hole left by Will Chambers (Japanese rugby) and Curtis Scott (Raiders), who departed the Storm at the end of the 2019 season.

While he should have a long future at the Tigers, Momirovski's short-term departure allows the joint-venture club to get their hands on Grant.

The Storm believe Grant will thrive at hooker once Cameron Smith calls time on his decorated career and are hopeful a year of first-grade football will allow the 21-year-old to accelerate his development, rather than spending another season playing for feeder club Sunshine Coast Falcons in Queensland's Intrust Super Cup.

The Tigers are happy to allow Grant to develop for 12 months at Concord as the retirement of Robbie Farah, off-field issues for Josh Reynolds and an ACL injury to Jacob Liddle have left their hooking stocks bare.

"It's a credit to Melbourne and also our recruitment team in regards to showing a bit of initiative," Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe told the club's website on Friday.

"I think it's the first time – certainly in rugby league – that's occurred or will occur. It happens often over in the Premier League and in football over in Europe. But I think it's a win-win. We recognise with Jacob [Liddle] going down with a season-long injury and also [the Storm] needing an outside back, that it was an opportunity for us to bring in someone behind Cam Smith who is obviously a huge talent, in Harry Grant.

"It brings stability to our squad and it also doesn't affect 2021 and 2022 because we have two great young kids coming through the system. It will fulfil an opportunity for us this year where there's a hole and it will provide Melbourne with an opportunity, too."

Pascoe and the Tigers are very confident Momirovski will soon sign on for 2021 and beyond.

"Under the agreement that we have, Harry will go back for 2021 and 2022 and we are working with Paul and his management now to secure him past 2020," Pascoe said.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...at-could-change-the-game-20200131-p53woc.html