What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

assess5

Juniors
I think that Nichols is solid but predictable. I would prefer Goodwin or Koloa in at 17 to give us more options. If Eden Gebbie is available in second half of year he might be a gun off the bench (see how he develops).

Your unbelievable, I'm still scratching my head 'who is Goodwin rooting' to get resigned, he was pensioned of to England because he was to slow and now you got him in some '17'.

Never heard of Koloa but if Goodwin gets a run at anything other than carrying oranges Souths will not make the eight.

Man, that is so laughable. Let Douehi go - replaced with Goodwin - who's running this show.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Look they are not a bad bunch but not better than last season, so what makes anyone think we can do better?
They might be the same players but I expect a number will be better individually as they become more experienced. As a combination they will be a lot better having benefitted from a preseason together. On paper I am happy but not sure what happens when injuries and suspensions come along.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think that Nichols is solid but predictable. I would prefer Goodwin or Koloa in at 17 to give us more options. If Eden Gebbie is available in second half of year he might be a gun off the bench (see how he develops).

I like your thinking but with Koala on that bench we have such an inexperienced forward pack. Really good player though and will see first grade sooner rather than later.

southsport

First Grade
What do you guy reckon about Doueihi? Haven't seen much of him play but hearing that you guys aren't too happy about him leaving. Is his favorite position fullback or is he more of a long term 5/8 option.
Doueihi is a solid fullback but I wouldn't have him in front of Corey Thompson, if Souths hadn't signed Mitchell I would have liked to see Roberts get a run at fullback but I don't get much support with that idea.

handyman2190

Bench
Doueihi is a solid fullback but I wouldn't have him in front of Corey Thompson, if Souths hadn't signed Mitchell I would have liked to see Roberts get a run at fullback but I don't get much support with that idea.
I remember him coming through, he was a fullback 1 game against the warriors he picked up the ball in his own ingoal and sped through all of them to score a try, he was a great player then.

southsport

First Grade
I remember him coming through, he was a fullback 1 game against the warriors he picked up the ball in his own ingoal and sped through all of them to score a try, he was a great player then.
Yeah, I've just been thinking that the jet doesn't get enough room to move at centre and that he could possibly be a sensation at fullback.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I believe Souths can do better because the backline was the issue in 2019, not the forward pack.

How a forward pack performs as a unit is more important than how each forward performs as an individual.

Cam Murray, Ethan Lowe and Tom Burgess are all rep players. Liam Knight and Junior Tatola progressed well last season and will have bigger roles this season. Jaydn Sua was a player that Souths fans were frothing over the prospect of signing 18 months ago.

The pieces are there to be a good pack, it's how they all come together that will matter.
We lost:
George B - taking into account suspensions and performance when he did play - minimal impact
Sam B - suspensions and playing injured negated a lot of the impact he was making compared with previous seasons. A loss but not devastatingly so
Kyle Turner - loss creates no impact at all
John Sutton - susprisingly this is where I see the loss as a significant impact. We lose his ball playing ability, offloads, passing at the defensive line, sidestepping evasiveness when running with the ball, extra kicker in general play to take the heat of Cody and Adam. I can't see anyone in the pack that wasnt getting regular playing time last season that makes up for these attributes

Last edited:

Robbie 12

Juniors
hi guys
just a quick question what happened to " Mawene Hiroti " is he still with the rabbits or has he signed somewhere else ?

Rabbit57

Juniors
Your unbelievable, I'm still scratching my head 'who is Goodwin rooting' to get resigned, he was pensioned of to England because he was to slow and now you got him in some '17'.

Never heard of Koloa but if Goodwin gets a run at anything other than carrying oranges Souths will not make the eight.

Man, that is so laughable. Let Douehi go - replaced with Goodwin - who's running this show.
Respect your right to have a different opinion. My main point is that I think Nicholls is steady but makes limited impact

Goodwin is not as fast as he may have been in the past. This video shows he has a left foot step that saw him score 10 tries last season .There is a place on the bench for someone who can do shorter minutes and make an impact. If not Goodwin i don’t mind other suggestions. If Johnston gets a wing perhaps it’s Gagai?

I just don’t see Nichols as offering what we need. If he gets the spot however good luck to him .. I know he will give his best effort

Sorry I mentioned Koloa that you have not heard of. I should have said Kaeon Koloamatangi. 191 cm. 106 kg. I think that by the end of the season you will recognise him.

P.S. I didn’t let Douehi go, I didn’t recruit Goodwin, I’m not running the show. I am looking at who we have on our books and thinking what might be the best overall combination
They might be the same players but I expect a number will be better individually as they become more experienced. As a combination they will be a lot better having benefitted from a preseason together. On paper I am happy but not sure what happens when injuries and suspensions come along.

Pommy

Coach

Roberts at fullback? Look I love Roberts when he puts in a shift but he goes missing far too much as a centre for me to trust him at 1. I would have had Adam ahead of him in the position everyday of the week.

southsport

First Grade
Roberts at fullback? Look I love Roberts when he puts in a shift but he goes missing far too much as a centre for me to trust him at 1. I would have had Adam ahead of him in the position everyday of the week.
I would have had a look at Roberts at fullback in the trials, Doueihi was so dynamic that the club ditched him, anyway it's a moot point now that Mitchell has arrived.

LittleWayne

Juniors
Surely Goodwin's come back on a close to minimum wage to help the youngsters in reserve grade and be an experienced back up player.

The difference in contract money he and Adam are on must be massive.

It's not a like for like argument