What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau joins the Dragons

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Robert Soward (great grandson of Jamie) will have a blinder in that game. I hope I’m still alive to see it.

But given you’ve decided to try and heap shit on me as part of your defence, your statement was that you hadn’t seen him play a good game at halfback.

I gave you that game.

Stop sooking and posthumously changing minute parts of an argument to suit your position.

It’s just like your Hitler defence you used earlier. You’re either really precious, really stupid or just trolling.

Possibly all three.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to keep digging your hole.

In reality, I actually said the MAJORITY of Soward’s games at halfback.

Rudimentary comprehension eludes you...AGAIN!

You’re a 300% dope.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm pretty sure Folau has very strict conditions in his contract not to repeat what has happened before. If he re-offends, then he gets the boot again. Simple as that.
You're referring to the new contract with Catalan Dragons? If he gets booted, does it just mean another round of legal proceedings? Folau has already shown (with his Rugby Union contract), that he is a bit of a loose cannon in this area.

I agree with you, he should stick to any agreement that he signs. It's unfortunate that contracts are not always worth the paper they're written on.

Even after the out-of-court settlement was announced, Folau couldn't wait to claim his 'victory' in the media, which may have been against the terms of the settlement.

We'll see how it plays out with Catalan. Folau hasn't stopped preaching his stuff and if anything he has doubled down.
He's no different to other players of who have a rap sheet that are still playing our game. Lodge, Packer, AFB, Walker to name a few.

And given there is still a tennis stadium named after a sports person who has publicly expressed similar views, Folau should still be allowed to earn a living, provided he keeps his opinions to himself.
Well every situation is different. In Margaret Court's case, she never expressed those views while she was playing. To come out in recent times to say that places a sizeable dent on her legacy. Not that she would give a shit.

Walpole

Juniors
I wonder how many people would support Folau if he were a Muslim.

Would they still defend his right to religious freedom and free speech if he were saying these things in the name of Allah?

Or would they brand him a zealot and a homophobe and demand he keep his views to himself?

SBD82

Coach
I wonder how many people would support Folau if he were a Muslim.

Would they still defend his right to religious freedom and free speech if he were saying these things in the name of Allah?

Or would they brand him a zealot and a homophobe and demand he keep his views to himself?
I think that it’s telling that we have Islamic sportspeople, and your question remains theoretical. It supports the claim that you are free to have your religious beliefs, just don’t use them to be a jerk.

I think there’s a zero percent (sorry @muzby ) chance that an Islamic sportsperson who made the same comments would enjoy the support of Bolt, Jones and federal parliamentarians.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Maybe so,

Bear in mind that 100% of my posts come from my iPhone. I’d like to see you use it effectively.
I’m on my iPhone..

You can multi quote not just the one post, but multiple different posts..

Like this:
In reality, I actually said the MAJORITY of Soward’s games at halfback.

Rudimentary comprehension eludes you...AGAIN!

You’re a 300% dope.
Shouting and insulting are what people do when they realise they are wrong yet can’t admit it.

But did you know, you can also multi quote not just the one person, but multiple people?

Look at this:

I know what you mean.
Hey.. That’s my joke.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think that it’s telling that we have Islamic sportspeople, and your question remains theoretical. It supports the claim that you are free to have your religious beliefs, just don’t use them to be a jerk.

I think there’s a zero percent (sorry @muzby ) chance that an Islamic sportsperson who made the same comments would enjoy the support of Bolt, Jones and federal parliamentarians.
Don’t stress.. 0% is a valid figure.

emu62

Juniors
Agreed...the matter was always going to be finalised out of court, but it’s only because it finally dawned on the ARU that Folau was in a position of strength from a litigation perspective.

He could’ve severely towelled up the code.

It faced a multi million dollar payout far worse than what it had to ultimately spend. The ARU tried to improse a laughable (not to mention, illegal) Code Of Conduct policy...found out it couldn’t...and tried to save face by acquiescing meekly.

I didn’t change the point

You did.

I repudiate that the meme Folau posted contained ANY reference to hate.

It simply doesn’t. Please show me otherwise.

(I don’t think you fully understand the definition of homophobia, which universally refers to descriptions of dislike and hatred.

Equally, Folau has NOT indicated he hates anyone irrespective of their social standing. In fact, he has gone on public record stating the contrary. Of course, this gets ignored by those determined to stick the knife in.

As for the meme, it espouses a certain ideology which an individual can choose to agree with or otherwise. This moves onto the concept of free will, which is an entirely different conversation altogether.

As for Israel posting whatever on his Instagram account...fine, he can do so. He hasn’t committed a crime; his beliefs are well known. More importantly...and this is conveniently ignored by hypocrites....he isn’t forcing anyone to agree with them: There is (at least) a 50% possibility he’s right.

I note your hypocrisy that it’s ok to ridicule religious groups. Not much of an even playing field there.

And your (quite frankly) hysterical claptrap apropos “comparisons” is flawed and poorly constructed.,You and I...including the average schmuck in the street, all know that if the term homosexuals wasn’t featured in that bloody meme, none of this nonsense would have occurred.

Are you so naive to not realise that (for example) adulterers also face the same severe punishment you’ve mentioned, particularly in Middle Eastern countries? There are places outside Australia, y’know?

Time to hope off the high horse and accept not everyone is suckered in by hysteria driven by numerous media outlets controlled by emotive headlines and corporate avarice.

Thanks Jimmy, IMO brilliantly stated & 100% spot on

blacksafake

First Grade
I'm pretty sure Folau has very strict conditions in his contract not to repeat what has happened before. If he re-offends, then he gets the boot again. Simple as that.

He's no different to other players of who have a rap sheet that are still playing our game. Lodge, Packer, AFB, Walker to name a few.

And given there is still a tennis stadium named after a sports person who has publicly expressed similar views, Folau should still be allowed to earn a living, provided he keeps his opinions to himself.
I heard he still hasn’t taken deleted his post off his Instagram? page. If so He’s probably a good chance of repeating.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Thanks Jimmy, IMO brilliantly stated & 100% spot on

Not everyone has to agree, these are only my thoughts after all. We live in a democracy where different perspectives should be encouraged. Personally, I find the hysteria (not to mention hypocrisy) in this never ending saga endlessly amusing, and that one shouldn’t be seduced by media organisations in general.

Unfortunately, after looking at the Lemming style behaviour contained within this thread, it’s palpable that many have been caught up in a tsunami of sensationalism.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I’m on my iPhone..

You can multi quote not just the one post, but multiple different posts..

Like this:

Shouting and insulting are what people do when they realise they are wrong yet can’t admit it.

But did you know, you can also multi quote not just the one person, but multiple people?

Look at this:

Hey.. That’s my joke.

A joke telling a joke? That’s a bit tautological.

Nope, I’m a Luddite and PROUD OF IT!

Latest posts