What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel folau

Perth Red

Post Whore
You could be talking about yourself, you want to marginalise, mock and ridicule Christians. You are a bigot

there is a difference, I’ve got no problem with Christians living their lives they want to. Christians on the other hand want us normal people to change to their lives, hence the well deserved ridicule.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The 'moral superiority' is the big part, it's also f**king hypocritical considering who we already have playing professional league.

Keegan Hirst said this in a statement yesterday:
“They either don’t care about what he has said or they do care but are willing to park their values and morals for the sake of a few extra tries a year.

“All the work rugby league has done with Women’s Super League and women’s rugby, all the stuff we have done with diversity and inclusion – this one signing has undermined all of those people and their hard work. It has also alienated all the LGBT fans or fans who have any kind of moral backbone"

Any kind of moral backbone? If anyone is alienated from league because of this and their 'moral backbone' well they have been alienated years ago. Why didn't anyone say this kind of hyperbole when clubs signed Lodge or Packer or Wicks or Bird or Edwards or Tetevano or Fonua-Blake? Anyone who still supported the game after welcoming back all the convicted criminals and abusers but have decided this is the straw that broke the camel's moral backbone is a hypocrite.

whilst not condoning the actions of those players mentioned, and I’m very much in the camp of not allowing players that damage the games reputation to play again, the actions of those,as abhorrent as many of them are, are against an individual. I’d say if Lodge had been openly saying it’s ok to abuse families or Bird had been preaching that women who get abused deserve it then it would be akin to Folau who is openly and repeatedly attacking a whole section of the community, a vulnerable section at that. Is it worse or not worse, that’s each individuals opinion. I guess unless you are gay and have had sht thrown at you all your life it would be hard to judge how damaging the likes of Folau are on an individual level.

myrrh ken

First Grade
whilst not condoning the actions of those players mentioned, and I’m very much in the camp of not allowing players that damage the games reputation to play again, the actions of those,as abhorrent as many of them are, are against an individual. I’d say if Lodge had been openly saying it’s ok to abuse families or Bird had been preaching that women who get abused deserve it then it would be akin to Folau who is openly and repeatedly attacking a whole section of the community, a vulnerable section at that. Is it worse or not worse, that’s each individuals opinion. I guess unless you are gay and have had sht thrown at you all your life it would be hard to judge how damaging the likes of Folau are on an individual level.

How can you even suggest that what folau did might be worse than what lodge did?! No one has to be gay or a 10 year old kid to tell you that one is a thousand times worse than the other.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How can you even suggest that what folau did might be worse than what lodge did?! No one has to be gay or a 10 year old kid to tell you that one is a thousand times worse than the other.

I didn’t suggest anything, you can make you own call. One was a direct attack on an individual kid, one was an attack on a group of vulnerable kids who have an attempted suicide rate five times higher than the avg due to people like Folau. Both are deplorable and should see the perpetrators booted from the game forever.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I didn’t suggest anything, you can make you own call. One was a direct attack on an individual kid, one was an attack on a group of vulnerable kids who have an attempted suicide rate five times higher than the avg due to people like Folau. Both are deplorable and should see the perpetrators booted from the game forever.

folau attacked kids now?

Last edited:

MKCS

Juniors
Here are my thoughts:

- I didn't like what Israel said especially since I know plenty of great gay people but really I don't care what his thoughts are. If he feels that way that's his own choice and it's okay with me that HE feels that way even though I don't. I don't think him playing rugby league means the game of rugby league isn't in favour of homosexuals or anything like that. Israel has a fierce religious opinion and is entitled to it.

- He is a huge coup for Rugby League especially Super League, Catalans and Tonga. This guy was a huge star for the ARU and before leaving the NRL he was expected to be a massive star. At 30 years old he will likely play another 3-4 years in rugby league and will give us some phenomenal moments I'm sure. He will absolutely carve up both the Super League and NRL (If he returns)

- His signing has brought a lot of interest to the ESL along with the signings of Widdop, SBW, Maloney and others. I've never really followed Super League that closely but I'm actively following them currently because of these superstars that have signed for their league. It will also lead to more star players heading over to ESL which is great for them. I don't think we'll be too far off ESL teams signing young players who are in their prime.

- Ultimately Folau is just a footy player and nobody should really take his personal opinions seriously.

Rod McClusky

Juniors
Here are my thoughts:

- I didn't like what Israel said especially since I know plenty of great gay people but really I don't care what his thoughts are. If he feels that way that's his own choice and it's okay with me that HE feels that way even though I don't. I don't think him playing rugby league means the game of rugby league isn't in favour of homosexuals or anything like that. Israel has a fierce religious opinion and is entitled to it.

- He is a huge coup for Rugby League especially Super League, Catalans and Tonga. This guy was a huge star for the ARU and before leaving the NRL he was expected to be a massive star. At 30 years old he will likely play another 3-4 years in rugby league and will give us some phenomenal moments I'm sure. He will absolutely carve up both the Super League and NRL (If he returns)

- His signing has brought a lot of interest to the ESL along with the signings of Widdop, SBW, Maloney and others. I've never really followed Super League that closely but I'm actively following them currently because of these superstars that have signed for their league. It will also lead to more star players heading over to ESL which is great for them. I don't think we'll be too far off ESL teams signing young players who are in their prime.

- Ultimately Folau is just a footy player and nobody should really take his personal opinions seriously.
Well said

Perth Red

Post Whore

Sadly whilst this would be nice, the reality is when high profile people like Folau spout hatred at a marginalised vulnerable group it fuels further persecution,it legitimises to those looking for an excuse that's its ok to dislike gays, because after all they are sinners who should change their ways. We have a raft of evidence of the massive damage this does to people. So whilst it would be better if the world just ignored his delusional rantings we can't because of the impacts it can have. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Rod McClusky

Juniors
Sadly whilst this would be nice, the reality is when high profile people like Folau spout hatred at a marginalised vulnerable group it fuels further persecution,it legitimises to those looking for an excuse that's its ok to dislike gays, because after all they are sinners who should change their ways. We have a raft of evidence of the massive damage this does to people. So whilst it would be better if the world just ignored his delusional rantings we can't because of the impacts it can have. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.
You marginalise and persecute Christians!
I doubt you would care if the teenage Christian commuted suicide after being bullied and picked on by the likes of you!
It would be their own fault for believing in the “Sky Fairy”
You are the worst kind of bigot!

Perth Red

Post Whore
You marginalise and persecute Christians!
I doubt you would care if the teenage Christian commuted suicide after being bullied and picked on by the likes of you!
It would be their own fault for believing in the “Sky Fairy”
You are the worst kind of bigot!

I know this suits your agenda to try and discredit my well thought out rationale arguments as to why its wrong to preach hatred about gay people but just because you keep saying it doesn't make it so! I don't care what people believe in, as long as it doesn't negatively impact others. I've got an opinion on the stupidity of letting fairytales dictate your life but I'll always campaign for freedom of choice to believe in what ever you want and to be what ever you choose to be, just as long as it doesn't hurt others. Of course I'd care, you see that's the difference I care about everyone, not just the select few that fit into a doctrine written by some blokes thousands of years ago.

As for you, why do you think its ok to preach hatred about gay people? Do you feel its ok to preach hatred at anyone you like? Are you anti-semitic, racist as well as homophobic? Come on get it off your chest Rod.

kris rebane

Juniors
I am happy to see Israel play.

but I wonder out loud if ppl who are ‘tolerant’ are just tolerant of one viewpoint only. This is what I don’t like.

Springs09

Juniors
careful you’ve got to respect and pussy foot around people’s mental defects.

Man if only Folau had said homosexuality is a mental defect.

I'm an atheist technically but f**king hell this is hypocritical. Homosexuals going to hell = bad, people following a religion means they have a mental disorder = perfectly fine.

Throughout my life I've seen anti-religious people attack religious people over their beliefs far more than the other way round. Most religious people I know are lovely. In 8th grade I was an absolutely horrible student to one of the sisters at my school, behaviour-wise, not just ridiculing her beliefs. Yet 2 years later when my friend was murdered she was the one who comforted me at the funeral. I don't ridicule or insult people for their beliefs anymore because those who do look like f**kwit immature manbabies, especially when they are crying about how someone's tweet was somehow the worst thing in the world. Grow up.

Matua

Bench

I'm an atheist technically but f**king hell this is hypocritical. Homosexuals going to hell = bad, people following a religion means they have a mental disorder = perfectly fine.

Throughout my life I've seen anti-religious people attack religious people over their beliefs far more than the other way round. Most religious people I know are lovely. In 8th grade I was an absolutely horrible student to one of the sisters at my school, behaviour-wise, not just ridiculing her beliefs. Yet 2 years later when my friend was murdered she was the one who comforted me at the funeral. I don't ridicule or insult people for their beliefs anymore because those who do look like f**kwit immature manbabies, especially when they are crying about how someone's tweet was somehow the worst thing in the world. Grow up.
I agree that referring to religious people as have mental health issues is unhelpful. However, I don't think your anecdotal story really has any relevance to the debate at hand. There are lots of examples of non-religious people comforting others in rough times.

I find your preaching of tolerance to be somewhat hypocritical (like you're accusing others of being) because you're minimising the lack of tolerance and effect that Folau's repeated homophobia causes with your "crying about a tweet/manbabies" comment. He is attacking individuals and a group based solely on the qualities they were born with. No matter how you rationalise it Folau was being an utter prick, and he knew he was being an utter prick - people pushing back against that is not the issue, Folau's intolerance is.

Pommy

Coach

it’s the only explanation I can see for adults having imaginary friends.

Funny thing is... if it wasn't for banning same sex marriage for all these years the majority of you people wouldn't have been born... the irony

Latest posts