What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

franklin2323

Immortal
I re-watched the 2019 last game of the season here are my thought.

Tamou and Leota starting props. Tetevano on the bench for experience. (replacing Tamou)

Leniu on the bench (he may need a spell mid year but on the bench). Fish at Lock. Yeo starting 2nd row. Whare will have to start on fire or it's NSW cup for him.

To'o hopefully starts 2020 where he left off in 2019.

Cleary will be fine at 7. As long as he remembers to run as halfback. The bloke has speed to burn. I believe he will step up.

That last game of the season has given me hope for 2020.

I think Whare starts the year given the age of Crichton and he was injured for part unless he carves up in 9’s/trials.

I think we will see the basics early on and injuries will mould the team from there

franklin2323

Immortal
You’ve lost the plot Franky. Leota one of the first forwards picked IMO.

He was sensational the back half of last year. Thoroughly underrated & underused.

All depends on where JFH plays.

I have him and Tamou props
Backrow of Kikau, Yeo, Martin

Kenny, Capewell on the bench as utility/Backrow

Tetavano will be bench playing the minutes when Tamou is off.

Most games Yeo/JFH will play 80 mins. Capewell will take minutes off Martin/Kikau

Doesn’t leave much for the 4th benchie. If you want someone for an impact stint of 10-15 mins.. Leinu is better suited than Leota

OldPanther

Coach

tripster

Juniors
Is JFH going to be in the condition to be a starting prop or 13 come round 1? I am sceptical. He is coming back from a pec tear, when I had last heard he isn't even back to full training yet. He will also have lost a lot of strength. Of course I hope he is right, but I think the more likely scenario is that he isn't ready come round one.

franklin2323

Immortal
Is JFH going to be in the condition to be a starting prop or 13 come round 1? I am sceptical. He is coming back from a pec tear, when I had last heard he isn't even back to full training yet. He will also have lost a lot of strength. Of course I hope he is right, but I think the more likely scenario is that he isn't ready come round one.

He will start I can’t see him playing a full game

MugaB

Coach
Still think Yeo to lock and JFH prop is the go long term
Other way round in my opinion, Yeo stays at 2nd row tho, JFH at lock, he is too valuable being at lock, it also gives Capewell and Tetevano more chance to shine, being that JFH would take a prop spot, when Leota and Leniu are there too

TheFrog

Coach
Who knows what Todd will do. Consistency isn't something we can expect from the NRL unfortunately.
Well not only has there not been any player found guilty of this before, but there also hasn't been anyone stood down for an extended period before pleading guilty. So its a bit, er, unprecedented.

betcats

Referee
Wonder how long the nrl will drag out Mays situation, surely it’s in everyone’s best interest to get this all done with before the season kicks off.

As it looks like he will be be available he could be a good option at centre if he still has his mobility. He is a smart well rounded player, in attack he provides just what we need there.

Re Chrichton, If he has done all the right things this offseason you have to give him a chance over Whare imo, the new tackling in air rules will make him a threat.

OldPanther

Coach
Well not only has there not been any player found guilty of this before, but there also hasn't been anyone stood down for an extended period before pleading guilty. So its a bit, er, unprecedented.

You're right. Just making the point the NRL as an organisation is hard to predict at the best of times.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
I thought I had died': Panther To'o reveals pre-season mishap

Penrith's Brian To'o can only remember waking up at the bottom of a sandhill with his Panthers teammates panicking and pouring ice water all over him.

To'o was lumping a sandbag downhill at Wanda before Christmas when he blacked out. Not only did he pass out from dehydration, To'o gave himself concussion when the heavy sandbag he carried landed flush on the back of his head.
The 21-year-old ended up spending two days in Sutherland Hospital hooked up to a heart monitor and regularly checked for kidney damage.

Panthers officials took it easy with To'o for the following couple of weeks, and even relegated him to waterboy duties during the club's three-day army camp on the outskirts of Brisbane before Christmas.

While there is always the story of an NRL player who pushes himself too hard during the summer, To'o went further than most.

"I thought I had died when I was in the hospital and I was like, 'what am I doing here?'," To'o told The Sun-Herald. "Even when I say Wanda now, it gets me every time.

"It was a Friday session, it was the last session of the week, and we went over to Wanda on a hot day.

"We were doing these hill runs, we had three teams, and one player from each team would carry a sandbag up the hill, then the next player would bring it back down.

"I was the last player in my team and as I was bringing the sandbag down, I started to feel a bit dazed and went cross-eyed. The next minute I remember waking up and all the boys were pouring water on me.
"Something like that had never happened to me before. It was confusing.

"I was taken to Sutherland Hospital, they put me on an oxygen machine and kept me there for two days. I was rattled and struggled to keep my eyes open.

"Because I was on a drip and my heart was being monitored, I couldn't shower until the doctor gave me the tick. So for two days every time they went to take my temperature, I'd end up covered in sand and sand would end up all over the sheets.

"All I wanted was a shower. The sand kept reminding me of Wanda. I'm actually scared just to look at sand now."
Some Panthers officials watched To'o hit the deck, only for him to try and get up and run again. Club medico Craig Catterick was on the spot to treat To'o and immediately realised the need to get him to a hospital.

When he was able to pick up the phone and call his parents and partner, To'o expected some sympathy and concern. However, he said he copped an earful for not taking better care of himself.

To'o's scare evoked memories of the day Adam Dykes needed to be air-lifted to hospital after a tough dunes session with Parramatta on the Central Coast.

To'o burst on to the NRL scene last year and quickly won over the Panthers faithful with his rolling try celebrations.
The pint-sized Samoan, who is one of the many Penrith juniors at the club, scored nine tries in 15 NRL games and was crowned the club's Ben Alexander rookie of the year.

To'o said he had not been spooked when it came to over-exerting himself, and if anything was keen to push himself hard to lock down the right wing spot outside Dean Whare.

There was a noticeable scar above To'o's left eyebrow this week and when The Sun-Herald asked if that was a result of his tumble, he quipped: "That's from all the wrestling with the boys. All the boys are jealous of how handsome I am. They get pretty brutal."
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...eveals-pre-season-mishap-20200131-p53wor.html