What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

Gareth67

First Grade
JAC > souths ...A.J or Gagai > Storm...mcGregor suggests some player from the illawarra who can't get a start in the C.C side...LOL

Good Lawd! I bet you blokes pounds to peanuts that the silly beggar still collects Scanlens footy cards to swap with his mates for the pretty colored marbles .

Honestly this bloke is the J.V. hierarchy’s choice as the man to lead the Dragons to a premiership ?

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

possm

Coach
Mary wants Nene
No one else does.
If Nene signs we will know who is still in charge.
The whole reasoning behind creating Millward's job with that very long title was to take those functions out of the head coach's domain. At the time I recall it being said that Millward would report directly to the CEO (Doust at the time). If things have changed since I don't think that there has been any announcement from the Board.

Dragonsamy

Bench
The whole reasoning behind creating Millward's job with that very long title was to take those functions out of the head coach's domain. At the time I recall it being said that Millward would report directly to the CEO (Doust at the time). If things have changed since I don't think that there has been any announcement from the Board.

Possm
Mary has to sign off all recruitment. Not for much longer

BLM01

First Grade
Mary wants Nene
No one else does.
If Nene signs we will know who is still in charge.

IF.....then true GD...but if we do apart from Mary already losing me. Then...The club is even in more of a hole than I thought. Maryitis, shallow vision and being completely unattractive to NRL managers and players apart from being the last chance saloon bar for desperados is more problematical than I thought.
I am hoping and was told Nene was not happening but.......nothing surprises me anymore

The new CEO (cross fingers) will need a whole new board and then we can get rid of Mary and Dean Young and others clinging onto positions handed to them without any background.or experience..and until then.....we can start over and rebuld.
Some of those ex players etc are worth keeping at a part time level in ambassador, marketing or dealing with the next generation of players but not having much to do with 1sts and reserve grade football operations IMO.
That needs a complete clean out and give Shepherd and Flanno a start with the staff they require..and the Dragons can flick also the mumbo jumbo feel good positions corporate BS staff with them.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
IF.....then true GD...but if we do apart from Mary already losing me. Then...The club is even in more of a hole than I thought. Maryitis, shallow vision and being completely unattractive to NRL managers and players apart from being the last chance saloon bar for desperados is more problematical than I thought.
I am hoping and was told Nene was not happening but.......nothing surprises me anymore

The new CEO (cross fingers) will need a whole new board and then we can get rid of Mary and Dean Young and others clinging onto positions handed to them without any background.or experience..and until then.....we can start over and rebuld.
Some of those ex players etc are worth keeping at a part time level in ambassador, marketing or dealing with the next generation of players but not having much to do with 1sts and reserve grade football operations IMO.
That needs a complete clean out and give Shepherd and Flanno a start with the staff they require..and the Dragons can flick also the mumbo jumbo feel good positions corporate BS staff with them.
The new CEO will need a whole new board? Lol. As if thats going to happen. More likely the new CEO will be one of the current crusty old dinosaurs or a good friend of.

BLM01

First Grade
The new CEO will need a whole new board? Lol. As if thats going to happen. More likely the new CEO will be one of the current crusty old dinosaurs or a good friend of.
Regardless...we do need a new board and I am allowed to dream
But I think this time you will be wrong re the new CEO being an inhouse appointment or friend.

BLM01

First Grade
Apparently the recruitment is not being done inhouse and has been out sourced is what I was told on Friday.
CC
It is as I went down the path to obtain the selection criteria etc. I am sure this CEO will be NRL experienced in the role...but it will not be ... Doust

Gareth67

First Grade
Como Connection was correct about the outsourcing of the new CEO .

In today’s Sunday Telegraph Sports section there is an article about how “ The Dragon's are looking at an outsider ( not from rugby league ) to be appointment as the next CEO “
The J.V. has outsourced the job of culling potential candidates to a recruitment company.

Take that for what it is worth , with a grain of salt or perhaps the ink that it is written with .
Regardless of which it may be , the appointment will still need to be approved by the ‘ Old Boys Club ‘ .

Gareth67

First Grade
Regardless...we do need a new board and I am allowed to dream
But I think this time you will be wrong re the new CEO being an inhouse appointment or friend.

Should the new CEO be an outsider we will all know that finally the club is beginning to descale the crusty old - old barnacles that have been clinging to its hull since Noah first put it in the water .

Dragonsamy

Bench

In today’s Sunday Telegraph Sports section there is an article about how “ The Dragon's are looking at an outsider ( not from rugby league ) to be appointment as the next CEO “
The J.V. has outsourced the job of culling potential candidates to a recruitment company.

Take that for what it is worth , with a grain of salt or perhaps the ink that it is written with .
Regardless of which it may be , the appointment will still need to be approved by the ‘ Old Boys Club ‘ .

Gareth,
The name of the recruitment agency is Young and Young recruitment agency of Wollongong

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth,
The name of the recruitment agency is Young and Young recruitment agency of Wollongong

Oh my ! So it would appear that we shall continue to hold chook raffles and have the maestro make guest appearances on all of WIN corporations radio shows so as to make a quid .

At least the Dragons will be able to afford the petrol for the team bus and perhaps outfit the boys for their new 2020 jerseys .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Yep, as DS has said, it will be outsourced to Fat Alberts Recruitment Consultancy, who will self appoint.

Gareth67

First Grade
Good on u fat Albert.
CEO & the new coach,
Goes to Dean Young.
Who would have thought. If that does happen, I'm out.......

One could quite easily get the impression that they have no scruples .
However we should at the very least await the outcome before we judge them so harshly. :poop:

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Should the new CEO be an outsider we will all know that finally the club is beginning to descale the crusty old - old barnacles that have been clinging to its hull since Noah first put it in the water .

Gazza...just coped some of the job description which indicated to me if they go outside they need to know how rugby league works and have experience within rugby league. I hope that is the case.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIIES
The Chief Executive Officer will be expected to manage and oversee the delivery of the following core functional areas of responsibility:
2. Leadership: Provide strong and effective leadership and direction to the St George Illawarra Dragons stakeholder family and the sport of rugby league generally to ensure future growth, development and promotion through well executed commercial, sport and rugby league event-related programs. Build a high trust environment underpinning productivity, energy and collaboration across the organisation as a whole.
6. Financial Stewardship: In conjunction with the Board of Directors, manage St George Illawarra Dragons’ operations in a transparent, efficient and profitable way, creating a commercially sustainable rugby league club irrespective of on-field performance.
9. Winning Culture: Provide the foundation for St George Illawarra Dragons players and teams to perform at the best of their ability. Ensure strategies and practices are in place to provide the optimum performance of the St George Illawarra Dragons players and teams in all competitions from juniors through to NRL level.
10. Grow the Sport: Implement strategies and practices to grow the participant base and provide pathways for players, coaches, officials and administrators of all ages, genders and cultures.
Personal Characteristics :
• Hands-on management style, decision-maker.
• Good team player.
• Clear demonstrative knowledge and commitment to the St George Illawarra Dragons and the game of rugby league.
RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to: St George Illawarra Dragons Chairman and Board of Directors.
Internal: Executive Management Team and Management Team, Head Coach and Football Program, Commercial and Marketing, Finance and Compliance.
External: NRL, other NRL clubs, St George Leagues Club, the Steelers Club, Illawarra Rugby League, Juniors Leagues and the Country Rugby League, sponsors, suppliers, statutory authorities, customers, members, supporters, media, player managers, venues and stadiums, government and government agencies.

Latest posts