What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
What's wrong with wanting to be right all the time?
Aren't you doing the same thing right now but from an opposite perspective?
Interestingly the article just posted about the Top 100 players - Salary cap isnt working in the Eels in the media thread amongst other things talks about 2 players who just broke their contracts to join other clubs..Ryan Matterson and Esarn Masters...:joy::rofl:

Soto

Bench
*negotiated a release from their contracts
No no no....

Boom forward Ryan Matterson broke his contract and walked out on the Tigers because he didn’t want to play under the 2014 premiership-winning coach. So too did powerful centre Esan Marsters.

Bazal

Post Whore
No no no....

Boom forward Ryan Matterson broke his contract and walked out on the Tigers because he didn’t want to play under the 2014 premiership-winning coach. So too did powerful centre Esan Marsters.

*negotiated a release and walked out

T.S Quint

Coach
No no no....

Yes, because it's not like a newspaper reporter to sensationalise situations in order to make their stories more exciting.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What's wrong with wanting to be right all the time?
Aren't you doing the same thing right now but from an opposite perspective?
He suckered me in by saying I was missing the point and then had a go at me when I politely responded.

Starting to think he didn't really want me to respond :(

Anyway, I think I understand Ram's point - Most fans get the legal bullshit around contracts, but don't really want to get it. After all they are fans, not lawyers.

Gronk

Staff member
No no no....

Um you’re using Buzz Rothfield as a reputable source ?

T.S Quint

Coach
He suckered me in by saying I was missing the point and then had a go at me when I politely responded.

Starting to think he didn't really want me to respond :(

Anyway, I think I understand Ram's point - Most fans get the legal bullshit around contracts, but don't really want to get it. After all they are fans, not lawyers.

I reckon most fans are idiots who will believe anything the Telegraph tells them.

Soto

Bench
Um you’re using Buzz Rothfield as a reputable source ?
Just quoting what was in the article..
I think people need to get over the fact players break contracts for a myriad of reasons..
"He broke his contract by negotiating a release"
"He broke his contract because it became untenable with the coach"
"He broke his contract to be closer to family"
We're not looking for a legal interpretation
here...
Quite simply If they haven't seen out the full duration of the contract they signed then the contract has been broken..(and may be very good reasons for it)
Again and anyway its become boring..

Latest posts