What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury updates.

Rich102

Staff member
The Warriors had a quiet off-season in terms of recruitment, but are thankfully ready to welcome back some injured stars.

Both Tohu Harris and Gerard Beale were out on the field training with the side on Tuesday, Harris in particular running team drills with full freedom.

After playing the first 13 games of 2019, he was sidelined for the remainder of the season with a foot injury.

But that looks to be behind the big back-rower now. He's enjoying being back to near full fitness ahead of the 2020 NRL campaign.
"The body is feeling really good, I have completed the full pre-season so far without any issues," he said.

"It's been pretty seamless coming back in to be honest, the boys have been really good in that respect. It's a really enjoyable environment at the moment."

At times last year the Warriors appeared to lack spark in the big moments, or during the back end of close games.

Harris is undoubtedly one of the side's best attacking weapons and says he is ready to help the side push for another finals berth.

"I'm really keen to get back out there, it feels like it's been a long time, I'm ready to go right now to be honest," he said.

"Last year we were guilty of losing a bit of belief in ourselves, we are a very talented side.

"We need to just stay close and believe in each other and you can feel that building here (pre-season)."

But while Harris is nearing 100 per cent, It's a slightly different story for centre Gerard Beale.

Beale suffered a horrific split kneecap last April. He clashed knees with Sydney Roosters prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and initial reports suggested he would be out for up to 12 months - or longer.

But Beale is already back out on the training paddock, and said he was eyeing the Warriors' second trial game for a shock return.

"Originally everyone thought the worst, but speaking to the surgeons they really gave me a lot of confidence that I'd be back and firing sooner rather than later," he said.

"I'm ahead of schedule, getting some good times in with my running and that. Now it's just about building into the contact side of things."

The gruesome injury put things "into perspective" for the veteran outside back, who conceded he thought about up hanging up his boots.

"I definitely questioned things. I turn 30 years old this year so you start to think about maybe, what's next," he said.

"But at the end of the day I still love playing and I still feel like I can contribute. So now it's just about getting myself right and having a real crack this year.

"I'm eyeing that last trial, that could easily change of course. But I'm very confident I'll be ready for that early part of the season, for sure."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...nd-gerard-beale-on-track-for-round-one-return

Any news on a potential injury to Papalii

I honestly think most are too harsh on the young lad. He had an outstanding 2018 being lean and a terror with late footwork. In 2019 they bulked him up way too much ala Daniel Anderson's Warriors 2004. He had way too much muscle weight and looked too big - slow to react/turn it caused a whole lot of woes for his defence.

He looks lighter in terms of physical bulk and could possibly have a good 3rd year.

Remember he's still young and learning the craft so I think we should let him develop. I can understand being hard on Sam Lisone, Adam Blair. Esp Blair but some of those guys don't have it or just not growing to the next level required for NRL.

I will give the lad 1-2 years to get into the groove. If he doesn't pick it up i'll join the mob crucifying him too.

Matua

Bench
I honestly think most are too harsh on the young lad. He had an outstanding 2018 being lean and a terror with late footwork. In 2019 they bulked him up way too much ala Daniel Anderson's Warriors 2004. He had way too much muscle weight and looked too big - slow to react/turn it caused a whole lot of woes for his defence.

He looks lighter in terms of physical bulk and could possibly have a good 3rd year.

Remember he's still young and learning the craft so I think we should let him develop. I can understand being hard on Sam Lisone, Adam Blair. Esp Blair but some of those guys don't have it or just not growing to the next level required for NRL.

I will give the lad 1-2 years to get into the groove. If he doesn't pick it up i'll join the mob crucifying him too.
I agree, the war on Papali'i seems to be a bit odd (considering the defence notable failures used to get around here - some were still on the Kata bandwagon not long before that idiot Kearney finally saw sense and cut him) as he was bloody good in 2018 and 2019 was a crap year by nearly all at the Warriors.

Fair enough

But his lack of urgency when getting on side, chasing from marker cost us metres and tries.
Should of been hooked multiple times
New season new hope but he needs a massive step up

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Fair enough

But his lack of urgency when getting on side, chasing from marker cost us metres and tries.
Should of been hooked multiple times
New season new hope but he needs a massive step up

All a consequence of carrying too much bulk I reckon. Hopefully he’s spent the off-season concentrating on cardio and endurance.

Latest posts