What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest NRL Player of the Decade (2010-2019)

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Smith gets the double for mine.

Player of the decade and merkin of the decade.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Who needs highlight reels when you've got stats like these. And any highlight reels you see from Melbourne Storm greats of the past like Inglis, Slater, Cronk.... you can bet your right nut Smith got the ball rolling more often than not..

Cameron Smith

NRL Records Held

· Games – 411** (Most games at a single club, and in the NRL).
· Points – 2602**
· Goals – 1209**
· Most Games won – 293**
· Most games as Captain – 314**
· Finals games played – 39**

** prior to season 2020 if he plays.

State of Origin Records Held

· Games – 42
· Most Wins – 24
· Most Series won – 11 (equal with Jonathan Thurston)
· Wally Lewis Medal – 4 (player of the series).
  • Man of the match awards – 7 (2nd behind Wally Lewis with 8)

Titles won

· NRL Premierships – 2. (2012, 2017. Both as captain)
· NRL Minor Premierships – 4. (2011, 2016, 2017, 2019. All as captain)
· World Club Challenge Winners – 3 (2010, 2013, 2018. All as captain)
· State Of Origin Series Winners - 11 (2006-13, 2015-2017. 5 as captain)
· Rugby League World Cup Winners - 2 (2013, 2017. Both as captain)
· Rugby League 4 nations Winners – 3 (2009, 2011, 2016. One as captain).

Total Titles – 25.

Honours

· Member of Order of Australia (OA) - 2019
· Dally M player of the year - 2. (2006, 2017)
· Dally M Hooker of the year - 8. (2006, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019)
· Dally M Representative player of the year - 4. (2007, 2011, 2013, 2016)
· Dally M Captain of the year - 5. (2011, 2013, 2017, 2018, 2019)
· Golden Boot Award - 2. (2007, 2017)
· RLIF Player of the year - 1. (2012)
· RLIF Hooker of the year - 4.(2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)
· Wally Lewis Medal – 4. (2007, 2011, 2013, 2016).
· Ron McAuliffe Medal - 4. (2005, 2007, 2013, 2015)
· Harry Sunderland Medal - 1. (2014)

Total Honours - 36.
There's one huge asterisk on just about all of those, though.

There's one huge asterisk on just about all of those, though.

images

Tommy Smith

Referee
I vote for Billy Slater. The complete player in both attack and defence.

I also believe he revolutionised the fullback position in the sense that he raised the bar and expectations for the modern day fullback. His workrate and communication in defence was unprecedented.

And in attack his combination of weapons as a support player, hole runner and later on as a very good ball player out the back of a sweeping backline movement made him the most lethal fullback of the modern era.

He's now the benchmark we measure others by and you suspect that maybe Teddy wouldn't be reaching Billy's level without having had Billy to model his game on.

I don't believe Smith revolutionised anything. He's just a damn good merkin and obviously much better than the rest.

Slater is also the most thrilling player I've ever seen. He brought fans through the gates and had us gasping in awe more than any other. So given that it's a game for the fans this has to count for something when separating these future Immortals.

Also, despite being a ferocious competitor on the field who sometimes overstepped the mark, I think he's a genuinely nice bloke off the field where as Smith is a blatant merkin either side of the white line.

Generalzod

Immortal

I also believe he revolutionised the fullback position in the sense that he raised the bar and expectations for the modern day fullback. His workrate and communication in defence was unprecedented.

And in attack his combination of weapons as a support player, hole runner and later on as a very good ball player out the back of a sweeping backline movement made him the most lethal fullback of the modern era.

He's now the benchmark we measure others by and you suspect that maybe Teddy wouldn't be reaching Billy's level without having had Billy to model his game on.

I don't believe Smith revolutionised anything. He's just a damn good merkin and obviously much better than the rest.

Slater is also the most thrilling player I've ever seen. He brought fans through the gates and had us gasping in awe more than any other. So given that it's a game for the fans this has to count for something when separating these future Immortals.

Also, despite being a ferocious competitor on the field who sometimes overstepped the mark, I think he's a genuinely nice bloke off the field where as Smith is a blatant merkin either side of the white line.
A complete player from Miyagi do Karate....

4588140-3x2-940x627.jpg

MKCS

Juniors
Cam Smith or Cooper Cronk. I tend to lean more towards Cooper because he did it at two different clubs but I would totally understand someone making the argument for Smith.

Matua

Bench
Smith, who I actually really dislike, then Thurston (Thurston was a step above Cronk IMHO), and for a forward (excluding hooker obviously) the traitorous Taumalolo.

Last edited:
Cam Smith or Cooper Cronk. I tend to lean more towards Cooper because he did it at two different clubs but I would totally understand someone making the argument for Smith.

I tend towards Coops becajse he did jt at my club and if he had not we would still have Pearce....

nick87

Coach

I was coming here to make a Billy Slater joke because of his POTS medal in origin, but now you've kind of made a good case for it and the joke wont land
So thanks, dickhead

Latest posts