What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl LIV

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wasn't happy with the 4th qtr, but wasn't at all bothered by what happened before the end of the first half.

Regardless, we're up by 10 halfway through the 4th. That game was lost from that point on, not the minute before halftime.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It really should have been lights out for the Chiefs when Mahomes threw that second int. I actually felt Jimmy G was playing quite well up to the that point. Had a high pass completion percentage, was moving the ball on the Chiefs, then splat.

Of all the teams to simply try and protect a lead, the Chiefs ain't one to do that to.

The coach and QB always get the lions share of the blame and fair enough, but the OL of the 9ers faded badly. So much pressure and hands in the face/throwing lanes of Jimmy G in the 4th.

Staley is getting old, Person is worn down, Tomlinson not that great and Garland is a backup C.

Not the first time the OL has faded at the back end of games either. Need an upgrade in that area next season.

kurt faulk

Coach
The coach and QB always get the lions share of the blame and fair enough, but the OL of the 9ers faded badly. So much pressure and hands in the face/throwing lanes of Jimmy G in the 4th.

Staley is getting old, Person is worn down, Tomlinson not that great and Garland is a backup C.

Not the first time the OL has faded at the back end of games either. Need an upgrade in that area next season.

it's always who wins in the trenches. unless you're someone like barry sanders or wussell wilson. but then the lions never won anything with sanders there and the seaf**ks haven't won anything since their d stopped dominating opposing offenses.

that's why the cheats made it to and won so many superbowls. they knew what was coming so their lines overran the opposition time and again. it's very hard to win if your lines aren't winning the battle.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
it's always who wins in the trenches. unless you're someone like barry sanders or wussell wilson. but then the lions never won anything with sanders there and the seaf**ks haven't won anything since their d stopped dominating opposing offenses.

that's why the cheats made it to and won so many superbowls. they knew what was coming so their lines overran the opposition time and again. it's very hard to win if your lines aren't winning the battle.

Yup and the 9ers prioritised that on D which I'm happy with, but definitely feel the OL needs an upgrade.

Brunskill filled in brilliantly when Staley, Glinch and Person were injured. We can cut Person for no dead cap and he would slot into guard nicely.

Kyle doesn't draft OL high though so I'm expecting roughly the same group next year.

shiznit

Coach
First SB in probably 20 years I didn’t watch a single second of it.

Couldn’t care less about it TBH...

True hater... :joy::joy:

TDD91

Juniors
First SB in probably 20 years I didn’t watch a single second of it.

Couldn’t care less about it TBH...

True hater... :joy::joy:

This was me for the last 5 minutes.

xqrrrss4lme41.jpg

Kyle Shanahan's going to get a reputation for being too conservative in big games if he's not careful.

kurt faulk

Coach
Yup, things just didn't work out in the end, but there we so many highs and lows to enjoy. I'll just have to remind myself - it could have always been worse....:cool:

pC7uM31.jpg

Nothing is worse than blowing a double digit lead in the 4th qtr.

That meme should read at the bottom "but they wouldn't allow you to see the endzone". Funny how such a big deal was made about the blown call of a dpi in the 4th qtr of the nfc championship game but a blown call of a blatant dpi in the endzone in the 4th qtr of the superbowl didn't raise a murmur. Nfl media always have their storylines they want to play out.

Eelectrica

Referee
Watching the game, I should never have doubted Spags. He coached a masterpiece to stop the undefeated Patriots a few years ago.

Spags was aĺways going to figure out how to stop Jimmy G.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Nothing is worse than blowing a double digit lead in the 4th qtr.

That meme should read at the bottom "but they wouldn't allow you to see the endzone". Funny how such a big deal was made about the blown call of a dpi in the 4th qtr of the nfc championship game but a blown call of a blatant dpi in the endzone in the 4th qtr of the superbowl didn't raise a murmur. Nfl media always have their storylines they want to play out.

Loss is a loss no matter how it happens.

And the NFL media has always been very very Eastern centered so no team on the west is ever going to get favourable coverage by comparison.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Watching the game, I should never have doubted Spags. He coached a masterpiece to stop the undefeated Patriots a few years ago.

Spags was aĺways going to figure out how to stop Jimmy G.

Jimmy G did a great job of helping to stop Jimmy G.

For all the flak Kyle is copping, and FTR I agree we should have run more, the pass plays he called weren't bad ones. Jimmy missed some can't miss open throws. He was excellent in the 3rd qtr but had a mare in the 4th behind a fading OL.

Eelectrica

Referee
Jimmy G did a great job of helping to stop Jimmy G.

For all the flak Kyle is copping, and FTR I agree we should have run more, the pass plays he called weren't bad ones. Jimmy missed some can't miss open throws. He was excellent in the 3rd qtr but had a mare in the 4th behind a fading OL.
True. Jimmy G missing Kittle for a first down late in the game was huge. I think that was a third and 5.
Over throwing Sanders late as well that would have been a TD.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
True. Jimmy G missing Kittle for a first down late in the game was huge. I think that was a third and 5.
Over throwing Sanders late as well that would have been a TD.

Jimmy missed Kittle a few times which is odd considering he's the go to guy.

Definitely cost us at least a FG that would have made it 23-10.

Doesn't guarantee anything would have changed but Jimmy G driving in the final 2 minutes for a FG at 23-24 with the full playbook open would have made me feel better than him needing to drive for a TD.

Ah well, what if, what if, doesn't change anything.

Latest posts