What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers re-sign Jacob Liddle

Tiger05

First Grade
Sadly I think next year will be a horrible year. We’re a real chance for the spoon imo. I do genuinely believe though that Maguire will get us going in the right direction. For 2021 he’ll have a heap of salary cap room and won’t waste it like Cleary did

I tell you something. I think your initial comment about this year being terrible was true at the time but the management of the club have done a great job.

I still think at the end of 2021 our cap is going to be in a better spot.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I tell you something. I think your initial comment about this year being terrible was true at the time but the management of the club have done a great job.

I still think at the end of 2021 our cap is going to be in a better spot.

Mate end of 2020 we will have a war chest. Robbie fine will be over and all these players are off contract:
Oliver Clark, Matthew Eisenhuth, Robert Jennings, Chris Lawrence, Benji Marshall, Sam McIntyre, Chris McQueen, Paul Momirovski, Alex Seyfarth, Dylan Smith, Elijah Taylor

Clark, Seyfarth and Momo are all worth re-signing but they won't be big contracts.

If you count the extra money we will have to pay with BJ and AD contracts (as former clubs won't be chipping anything in), then also Stefano's contract, we will still have over a million to spend for 2021 season....and that's not counting if Packer and/or Reynolds move on.

Shredder

Juniors
Im not really buying the big war chest for next yer tbh.

Most of those players will be resigned. Most of the ones resigned will be upgraded.

Im quietly confident about this year, which means we wont be ditching players wholesale.

Tigerm

First Grade
Im not really buying the big war chest for next yer tbh.

Most of those players will be resigned. Most of the ones resigned will be upgraded.

Im quietly confident about this year, which means we wont be ditching players wholesale.
Just need one quality player, our own Cronk type.
If AD is being looked at for 5/8 for 2021, then a fullback or if he stays at FB then a 5/8.

Shredder

Juniors
100% TM - I think the proof will be in the pudding, but honestly, Im highly impressed with our pre season signings this year, considering at the end of the season we had no cash to spend. The front office team has done a great job.

Mate end of 2020 we will have a war chest. Robbie fine will be over and all these players are off contract:
Oliver Clark, Matthew Eisenhuth, Robert Jennings, Chris Lawrence, Benji Marshall, Sam McIntyre, Chris McQueen, Paul Momirovski, Alex Seyfarth, Dylan Smith, Elijah Taylor

Clark, Seyfarth and Momo are all worth re-signing but they won't be big contracts.

If you count the extra money we will have to pay with BJ and AD contracts (as former clubs won't be chipping anything in), then also Stefano's contract, we will still have over a million to spend for 2021 season....and that's not counting if Packer and/or Reynolds move on.

Apparently ET is on good coin too, so between him, McQueen, Lawrence and Benji they'd have a bit of coin available. While Benji certainly wouldn't be earning the money he did once, he wouldn't be on minimum wage either.

I think a contract should be offered to Eisenhuth as well. He's a budget Aaron Woods. Averages something like 35 tackles and 95m a game. You need workhorses in the team too.

The three you mentioned I would definitely resign, along with Eisenhuth.

Jennings has cut right down in the off season, no surprises as it's contract year, it'll be interesting to see how he performs this year. I certainly wouldn't be rushing out to offer him anything until it becomes apparent how he's doing. He might not even start the year, Madge seems to like Thommo so he may start over Jennings.

Tiger05

First Grade

It's not bad but we will have to replace those players. I bet Benji for instance is on unders at the moment. 2021 I think we get rid of Reynolds and Packer and that is pretty good.

We do look a lot more solid now though don't we.

gordsy

Juniors
Looking at the roster we have now and knowing we have Packer, Reynolds and Mybe all on huge coin you have to wonder what we were paying all these other clowns in years gone by.

Tiger05

First Grade
Looking at the roster we have now and knowing we have Packer, Reynolds and Mybe all on huge coin you have to wonder what we were paying all these other clowns in years gone by.

We must have lost the plot. It looks terrible now.

Latest posts