What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 predictions, thoughts and general discussion:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I see the Charity Shield as a litmus test for the rest of our season. Under the fearless fuhrer, we are yet to beat the bunnies-one draw in six years is all he's managed. Souths may have a great backline but their forwards have been decimated and if our settled pack, even without De Belin, can't lay down a platform for a win this year, then Mary is sure to be headed to Centrelink.

Its the Charity Shield ............... we're supposed to gift them the two points.
If we lose, McGregor will say, its just a trial. There lies the problem.
How can the players get serious about a game if the coach, doesn't.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Same as last year, I'm afraid.

Flanno can only do so much with the team. He will fix the defence however, he won't jepodise his return.

New halves, new fullback, Mary can't change and is still here.

kit66

Bench
Where's Brian Smith these days ? Can we get him in to fix up our attack, he had us playing some lovely footy back then.
Watch some of the skills and support play on display in this, the depth in attack, quick play the balls, line breaks and setting up your supports, timing your pass. Beautiful to watch.

BLM01

First Grade
Where's Brian Smith these days ? Can we get him in to fix up our attack, he had us playing some lovely footy back then.
Watch some of the skills and support play on display in this, the depth in attack, quick play the balls, line breaks and setting up your supports, timing your pass. Beautiful to watch.

No...Smithy has had his chances with us. Could not even help the Warriors improve in recent years....along with their dud coach

kit66

Bench
No...Smithy has had his chances with us. Could not even help the Warriors improve in recent years....along with their dud coach

You could send Bellamy and Bennett over to coach the Warriors and they'd still disappoint everyone.

BLM01

First Grade
You could send Bellamy and Bennett over to coach the Warriors and they'd still disappoint everyone.
Maybe but both of those coaches know how to win premierships Poor Smithy will always be known as the bridesmaid When it comes to grand finals

kit66

Bench
Maybe but both of those coaches know how to win premierships Poor Smithy will always be known as the bridesmaid When it comes to grand finals

Poor Smithy, Poor us to come up against Bennett and most of the Qld SOO team 2 years running. He did have us playing some great footy though and it wasn't like we had a team of stars. I forgive him but I'll never forgive that little runt Alfie for his Saints can't play remark, w*nker.

Frank Facer

First Grade
After further thought and Souths not getting Arrow, I now have Souths missing the top 4. They may even miss the top 8. They have lost Sam and George Burgess, Sutton, Kyle Turner and Dean Britt who was a depth forward. I think their forwards may struggle.

I also think Brisbane will be around 6th to 3rd. They have several great young forwards. Haas is already the number 1 prop in the game. I rate David Fifita number 1 second rower in the game. I rate Pangai extremely highly and think he will have a massive year. Lodge is a very good prop who could even play for NSW this year. He may take further improvement from his last 2 years back. I also rate Flegler very highly. I am not a fan of Glenn. I think they would have been better off starting the season with

13 Flegler
12 Pangai
11 Fifita
10 Haas
9 McCullough
8 Lodge

I also think Croft will have a big season playing behind Brissy's dominate pack.

possm

Coach
...... until McGregor is gone.
Then a good course of Flannodol double strength will ease the pain.
Dean Young won't be any better!

We need a Sheppard / Flanagan combinaton ASAP even if it means Sheppard is head coach until the way is clear for Flanagan to take over.

BLM01

First Grade
Poor Smithy, Poor us to come up against Bennett and most of the Qld SOO team 2 years running. He did have us playing some great footy though and it wasn't like we had a team of stars. I forgive him but I'll never forgive that little runt Alfie for his Saints can't play remark, w*nker.
Yes but poor Smithy failed a few times after 92/93 with teams (Parra in 2001?) that should of waltzed it in.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Regarding Brisbane again, they also have Patrick Carrigan, who they have massive rapts on. If he lives up to expectations, then he will be taking over from Glen sooner rather than later.

BLM01

First Grade
Its funny except for Croft who is yet to prove himself especially to run a team away from the Melb system have not basically the Broncos got the same team as last year. Hard to see em challenging Top 4 IMO but on paper and media hype alone should go close to winning it.....but I think that is their biggest problem...the hype

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I actually have the Broncos missing the 8. No recognised fullback (other than Boyd and he's on the outer), where does Jack Bird fit in?, Oates is 1 winger,cwho is the other? Boyd?. They will also have an untried halves pairing.

Whilst the forwards look very strong, their backline has quite a few holes in it imo

redVinme

Juniors
I actually have the Broncos missing the 8. No recognised fullback (other than Boyd and he's on the outer), where does Jack Bird fit in?, Oates is 1 winger,cwho is the other? Boyd?. They will also have an untried halves pairing.

Whilst the forwards look very strong, their backline has quite a few holes in it imo

Coates and Farnsworth given the chance one will take a wing spot.

If they have the Gaul to drop daruis.
I see them fighting for 8th with knights and Wests

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
After further thought and Souths not getting Arrow, I now have Souths missing the top 4. They may even miss the top 8. They have lost Sam and George Burgess, Sutton, Kyle Turner and Dean Britt who was a depth forward. I think their forwards may struggle.

I also think Brisbane will be around 6th to 3rd. They have several great young forwards. Haas is already the number 1 prop in the game. I rate David Fifita number 1 second rower in the game. I rate Pangai extremely highly and think he will have a massive year. Lodge is a very good prop who could even play for NSW this year. He may take further improvement from his last 2 years back. I also rate Flegler very highly. I am not a fan of Glenn. I think they would have been better off starting the season with

13 Flegler
12 Pangai
11 Fifita
10 Haas
9 McCullough
8 Lodge

I also think Croft will have a big season playing behind Brissy's dominate pack.

Not sure about Brisbane but agree about Souths- Bennett's star has been waning of late -in the international arena at least- but if he can mould the remnants of what is now a pretty average Souths pack (Cook and Murray aside) into an effective unit to support their gun backline, his place in the pantheon of great coaches will be confirmed.

Richard Norton

Juniors
Dean Young won't be any better!

We need a Sheppard / Flanagan combinaton ASAP even if it means Sheppard is head coach until the way is clear for Flanagan to take over.
I very rarely agree with what you post (mainly because its always attacking Millward lol) but this, i 100% agree with.