What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jai Field to Sharks

getsmarty

Immortal
Millward has recently recruited two players who might turn out to be good centres. In addition we have some promising junior outside backs coming through. The damage was done when Aitken and Lafai were signed long term even though their form was suspect. We are now paying the price but hopefully both will be moved on by/at season end.

For season 2020 I would be happy if players would be selected on form.

Agree possm...McGregor is the one who rates our 2 current centres and therefore the reason behind the long term deals.

Old Timer

Coach
Millward has recently recruited two players who might turn out to be good centres. In addition we have some promising junior outside backs coming through. The damage was done when Aitken and Lafai were signed long term even though their form was suspect. We are now paying the price but hopefully both will be moved on by/at season end.

For season 2020 I would be happy if players would be selected on form.
The trouble we have as a club is epitomised by 1 word in your above post
"might"
Everything we do on the paddock and the players we attract are all prefaced with "might".
Coach might work, game plan might work, new recruits might make a difference, new staff might help.

Frank Facer

First Grade
No not really I didnt..it was more your kind of support of FF and it even being a discussion point.
As you rightfully put it he was bog average in other positions...it would of been even worse at centre and a crazy idea at NRL level. I'd rather Dufty get a shot a centre 1st before Field if we went down that path which is just as crazy.
We had Aitken and Lafai as our centres last year. I was all for experimenting with the likes of Rava or Field at centre instead of continuing with Aitken and Lafai.

BLM01

First Grade
We had Aitken and Lafai as our centres last year. I was all for experimenting with the likes of Rava or Field at centre instead of continuing with Aitken and Lafai.
Better off with Aitken & Lafai but would happily trade them for 25 other or more NRL real centres
Dragons are past experimentation phase..we need put the right pegs in the right hole and someone that can learn how to do that

SBD82

Coach
Laughi crueld us in semi 2015 and he's been dining out on that game since. mcgregor thinks he's brilliant because of that game, and he's only had a handful of good games since he's been with us
Does anyone remember who was marking him? Was it Aitken or Mata’utia?

Wonder why he looked so good?

kit66

Bench
I'm happy to see the back of Field, he's not a first grader and it will free up an opportunity in CC for some young guys with real potential to get their shot in the halves.
That game last year against Newcastle where Field played in the halves with Hunt was a real low point in a forgettable year of footy, he was really, really terrible. We got done 45 - 12.

epDragon62

First Grade
I'm happy to see the back of Field, he's not a first grader and it will free up an opportunity in CC for some young guys with real potential to get their shot in the halves.
That game last year against Newcastle where Field played in the halves with Hunt was a real low point in a forgettable year of footy, he was really, really terrible. We got done 45 - 12.
Sadly, I agree.

Latest posts