What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess retires

Sonny83

Juniors
tbh I would want to see Sam B plays again. A rare, aggressive player even though he's playing for a team I hated.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
George Burgess quoted today saying he won't be suprised if Sam comes out of retirement to play again. Its not a rort though, honest!

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ise-brother-george/1jbaemexl2tgg1ic55mkdq2ix5

yep shows what a rort that we all knew it would be and now Dugan trying the same as per fox.
Clubs that want to sign players to long term deals SHOULD have to live and suffer for those decisions , not because player is crap or not worth value , medically retire them .

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/a02d80a8eb8a938940fe9bbb9efa246c

BadnMean

Juniors
Lol at Dugan, a back who has used more interchanges than any back...

Played the ball more slowly than any other player...

Feigned more "look at moi, I'm suffering but tough" moments than anyone...

Trying to pull the same shizzle to get a 900k a year medical retirement but actually have HIS OWN club's medico's look at it & go, "Errm... maybe more a band aid & a nice hot bath than a medical retirement actually DUges, much as we'd all like to see you piss off, no one is going to fall for this".

betcats

Referee
Photo finish with darius IMO

3rd being tony williams after a linebreak

Andrew Fifita takes the cake for mine. Him and Dugan if they have a poor run will take all day to PTB while they whinge for a penalty or get up slowly acting hurt. Hayne was good at that also back in the day.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Somewhat related, I see Fat Richo has come out AGAIN stating publicly that they're still trying to get Arrow for 2020. This almost weekly open courting of a contracted NRL player is a disgrace and a very bad look for the game. If I was a Titans fan I'd be pissed.

I really think this is unprecedented and the NRL should step in. Can anyone find another example of a club putting constant public pressure on another club to release a player early before his contract is up?

When the Roosters signed Crichton a subdued announcement was made and then we went silent. There was no public display every week to try and get Souths to release him early.

Fat Richo and Souths really have no shame.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Andrew Fifita takes the cake for mine. Him and Dugan if they have a poor run will take all day to PTB while they whinge for a penalty or get up slowly acting hurt. Hayne was good at that also back in the day.
Sam burgess took a knee and just straight out didnt play the ball. Does that win?

some11

Referee
I really think this is unprecedented and the NRL should step in. Can anyone find another example of a club putting constant public pressure on another club to release a player early before his contract is up?
Milford 2014 off-season.

It was bad enough the Raiders ended up giving the Broncos Souths Logan too.

Last edited:
When the Roosters signed Crichton a subdued announcement was made and then we went silent. There was no public display every week to try and get Souths to release him early.

Same when we signed James Maloney from The Warriors for 2013 early in the 2012 season.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
George Burgess quoted today saying he won't be suprised if Sam comes out of retirement to play again. Its not a rort though, honest!

pity you didn’t put the full quote in but I guess that’s true to form for you and your dishonest approach to things

“Maybe not in a few months, maybe in three years he might get the itch again, we'll see," Burgess said.

"It couldn't surprise me, but I would doubt it highly.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Lol at Dugan, a back who has used more interchanges than any back...

Feigned more "look at moi, I'm suffering but tough" moments than anyone...

Trying to pull the same shizzle to get a 900k a year medical retirement but actually have HIS OWN club's medico's look at it & go, "Errm... maybe more a band aid & a nice hot bath than a medical retirement actually DUges, much as we'd all like to see you piss off, no one is going to fall for this".

Whatever you think of him as a player, he would have to be the most legitimately taped up player

KOMORI

Juniors

Feigned more "look at moi, I'm suffering but tough" moments than anyone...".

As a Manly supporter, I’m disgusted that you’ve downplayed the efforts of Jorge Tafua’s glacial ball playing, and the years of theatrical shoulder grabbing as exhibited by one Steve Matai!!

myrrh ken

First Grade
As a Manly supporter, I’m disgusted that you’ve downplayed the efforts of Jorge Tafua’s glacial ball playing, and the years of theatrical shoulder grabbing as exhibited by one Steve Matai!!
Fair crack, his shoulder was stuck together with blue tac

Latest posts