What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry timmah, drives me up the wall, when theres a repetitive quote master, constantly out to bait, when they are clearly off on their own tangent, we talk about creative decisions or in this case miss decisions, that as a whole would serve a better purpose, and then the "realists" come in and just crap on about how its business savy this way, and the reason it has to be this way, and you cant survive in this day and age without sucking up to a sponsor. and i get that, but please say it once if you have to.
But to keep on keeping on.....
For the record its not an issue being green, its and issue covering the design where it is, integrations for sponsors is great, they should all do it, its in both parties interest, but be smarter if you cant intergrate move it lower below the lines... something
If you post something someone disagrees with, they're entitled to discuss it with you. You're not obliged to reply and there's no reason to get as aggro as you did. /end

Rooster8

Juniors
So you would be happy for the club to receive less money in sponsorship to placate you? Because major companies will not be willing to spend money to have their brand changed.

What clubs have sponsors that don't ruin their jerseys? Is that a club decision or is that because the sponsors branding is more flexible to work on the jersey?

It's not about droning on about the poor sponsor. It's about having a realistic take on what the business of sport is actually like. If the club were to make no money from jersey sales because of the sponsors - I guarantee it would change.

So why should a club sacrifice sponsorship money when they wouldn't get the same back in merchandise sales?
Can we get someone else who's club is not on the verge of bankruptcy to explain this? If the Sharks weren't so desperate for cash and didn't accept a sh*t double roofing sponsor as their main sponsor out of desperateness, I don't think you'd be backing those comments ahah

I mean - look at that sponsor! hahaha hope you got some decent cash for that sacrifice

cronulla-sharks-mens-replica-home-jersey_csjrm501sky_front__81866.1579233581_800px.jpg

kdalymc

Bench
Can we get someone else who's club is not on the verge of bankruptcy to explain this? If the Sharks weren't so desperate for cash and didn't accept a sh*t double roofing sponsor as their main sponsor out of desperateness, I don't think you'd be backing those comments ahah

I mean - look at that sponsor! hahaha hope you got some decent cash for that sacrifice

cronulla-sharks-mens-replica-home-jersey_csjrm501sky_front__81866.1579233581_800px.jpg
If it was Melbourne or Newcastle you can guarantee they would have put that inside a big black box...

wazdog

Juniors
Unibet is those green circles around the letters, yet on the Roosters home jersey it was only plain text without the green circles.

True, but your away jersey had the logo in green last year.

SR19JSY02M.jpg

As sempmrh said, the circumstances of every single sponsorship deal is unique.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
yep there is defiently more to it
like i said

ALSO, are we all mising the real crime here- broncos no 9s jersey what the f**king f**k dickheads
Maybe the sponsors wanted it that way ;)
True, but you're away jersey had the logo in green last year.

SR19JSY02M.jpg

As sempmrh said, the circumstances of every single sponsorship deal is unique.
True, but atleast its not covering the design, regardless of the colors or branding, one thing roosters jerseys do well

Frailty

First Grade
Looks like there’s 2 versions of the Dogs Nines jersey. One has white piping and the other has blue. View attachment 35873
2f8a2815.jpg

The second jersey looks like it is a retail version (no grips on the jersey, and the nines logo looks like it is stitched when compared to the first. The positioning of the logos, etc also look off between the two versions as well.

It'd be extremely interesting to see if there is a significant design changed between the players and retail versions.

stylebender

Juniors
No-one was saying you were definitely wrong, you just never gave any proof of your statement. Not even a "my mate's next door neighbor's auntie has a cousin who lives next to the ISC factory". You simply stated they wouldn't have a nines jersey like the world is supposed to trust your every word just because. Using a recently released club picture only shows that you guessed correctly, doesn't really prove that you had legitimate proof originally.
I can't reveal my sources

Reflector

Juniors
The Knights NIB logo could've been a compromise where they had just the NIB text with a green outline- because as you can see from their normal logo, NIB is not necessarily white text in a green box. They could even have gone with green text/ white outline (although this wouldn't look as 'clean' as the white text).

As for the Sharks major sponsor, the biggest letdown is that ACE Gutters logo in the triangle- the 3-D effect on it looks dated, a 2-D logo would be an improvement and if they really wanted to clean it up, ironically the Sharks could've suggested ACE follow the same lead as AussieDuct did in the late 80's and had just ACE GUTTERS on the front, then DURAKOTE ROOFING on the upper back

Sternum sponsors are still the worst thing, but. They're ugly, can ruin an otherwise flawless jersey and (based on the rotation of companies paying for that spot) I get the impression sponsors aren't really getting their moneys' worth from them anyway.

Timmah

Staff member
The Knights NIB logo could've been a compromise where they had just the NIB text with a green outline- because as you can see from their normal logo, NIB is not necessarily white text in a green box. They could even have gone with green text/ white outline (although this wouldn't look as 'clean' as the white text).
For a brandmark like NIB, it would only be applications publicly used - either the text only in a single colour, or the text as it is in a white or green box with the writing the inverse colour.

I could be wrong but I don't recall NIB using their brand with an outlined wordmark anywhere.

azza29

Juniors
Arguably it's in the sponsor's best interests to have their logo look good on the jersey, if fans are more likely to buy one that's additional exposure for the brand. As a supporter I definitely care less about having the latest (i.e. current season) jersey than having one that looks good.

Timmah

Staff member
Arguably it's in the sponsor's best interests to have their logo look good on the jersey, if fans are more likely to buy one that's additional exposure for the brand. As a supporter I definitely care less about having the latest (i.e. current season) jersey than having one that looks good.
I agree in some respects but in a place like Newcastle I don't think it would actually be that big of an impact. People put supporting their team ahead of what colour the sponsors logo is. If it wasn't selling well after 4-5 years of NIB on the front they wouldn't keep doing it IMO

MugaB

Coach
I agree in some respects but in a place like Newcastle I don't think it would actually be that big of an impact. People put supporting their team ahead of what colour the sponsors logo is. If it wasn't selling well after 4-5 years of NIB on the front they wouldn't keep doing it IMO
Im up in Newcastle once a month, as some of our friends have moved up there a few years ago, and in going to the local pubs there, the NIB logo gets mentioned as a joke a few times, ive heard it around, (like souff fans with no teeff) and in round 25 we played them in penrith, we used it as a joke, an they didn't like it, appart from the drumming we gave them, its unfortunate that they know that it can be done better, and most probably sell better too