What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel folau

Perth Red

Post Whore
it’s the only explanation I can see for adults having imaginary friends.

I wouldn't call it mental illness (though you'd be surprised the number of mentally unwell people I've nursed where religion is the focus of their delusions and hallucinations), more likely mental feebleness. If you need to believe there is something other than yourself making choices for you, forgiving you for when you f**k up and that will ultimately somehow give you something better after you shuffle off this mortal coil then there is a certain level of insecurity and psychological weakness at play. But thats ok, we're all differnt and if it helps them get through the week I'm all for it, just dont use it to sht on other people.

Perth Red

Post Whore
SL clubs put Catalans on legal notice, led by Hull KR. This is the problem with divisive people, they cause division!

he fallout from Israel Folau's Super League signing continues with rival club Hull KR threatening legal action over the divisive move.

The BBC has obtained an email sent last week by Hull KR chairman Neil Hudgell to Folau's French team the Catalans Dragons.

Hudgell warns Catalans that legal action will be taken should Hull KR suffer any financial loss - from sponsors to potential investors, gate takings and reputational damage - as a direct result of Folau's controversial signing.

Several other clubs subsequently told Catalans they supported Hudgell's stance and would also consider legal action for potential damages.

https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/super-league-in-crisis-over-folau-signing/3936869/

Walter sobchak

First Grade
SL clubs put Catalans on legal notice, led by Hull KR. This is the problem with divisive people, they cause division!

he fallout from Israel Folau's Super League signing continues with rival club Hull KR threatening legal action over the divisive move.

The BBC has obtained an email sent last week by Hull KR chairman Neil Hudgell to Folau's French team the Catalans Dragons.

Hudgell warns Catalans that legal action will be taken should Hull KR suffer any financial loss - from sponsors to potential investors, gate takings and reputational damage - as a direct result of Folau's controversial signing.

Several other clubs subsequently told Catalans they supported Hudgell's stance and would also consider legal action for potential damages.

https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/super-league-in-crisis-over-folau-signing/3936869/
First Wakefield and now hull Kr. The cynic in me says that this move is motivated by the fact that these 2 clubs face the threat of relegation the most and may have targeted finishing above the Catalan dragons which has now been made considerably harder with the significant signing of a world class player in Israel folau.

Last edited:
So if Catalans and Hull are playing at the end of the season, in a game where by the looser will get relegated and Israel Folau scores the winning try and Hull go down. Does that mean Hull can sue Catalans?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
So if Catalans and Hull are playing at the end of the season, in a game where by the looser will get relegated and Israel Folau scores the winning try and Hull go down. Does that mean Hull can sue Catalans?
They could try I guess but the chance of them winning would be even slimmer than them lifting the super league trophy at old Trafford.

Perth Red

Post Whore
First Wakefield and now hull Kr. The cynic in me says that this move is motivated by the fact that these 2 clubs face the threat of relegation the most and may have targeted finishing above the Catalan dragons which has been made considerably harder with the significant signing of a world class player in Israel folau.

Our battle to avoid relegation isnt wit the Dragons.
Wakey, Hudds, Toronto and us are the 4 most likely to be in that battle. No one expects Dragons to be anywhere near relegation. So no I doubt very much that is the motivation. Folau is a 30 year old winger who hasnt played the game for 10 years. Of all the good signings this year he is one of the least to be feared on the field at this point in time.

Perth Red

Post Whore

lol way to miss the point. It clearly has nothing to do with what happens on the field but the potential impact on loss of sponsors for clubs and the game. Nicely drawn long bow though :) Besides I cant see Hull FC or Dragons being in a relegation battle ;)

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Our battle to avoid relegation isnt wit the Dragons.
Wakey, Hudds, Toronto and us are the 4 most likely to be in that battle. No one expects Dragons to be anywhere near relegation. So no I doubt very much that is the motivation. Folau is a 30 year old winger who hasnt played the game for 10 years. Of all the good signings this year he is one of the least to be feared on the field at this point in time.
Personally I think you’ll finish above both Wakefield and Toronto. Plus I think Huddersfield will finish above Catalan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Personally I think you’ll finish above both Wakefield and Toronto. Plus I think Huddersfield will finish above Catalan.

I hope so, Hudds hard to say. Maloney makes me think Dragons will go ok. Salford will be interesting to see if they can maintain last years amazing season or will drop away after the rape of their best players and join the bottom feeders again. Once again it looks like the battle at the bottom will be much more interesting than the top.

Only to the ignorant!
L4ovm2GXuBnTSOr9r2Jooq5Yao9Bakw590kvIGp--ryLOukad1Mln9Y3zTlcB0E5UDaJ0p-bxeCjAhszSd-5sz62IexjnsR34TfDWmie1fKI2dKMRg0=w298-h224

adamkungl

Immortal

They didn't seem all that fussed about the other degenerate NRL rejects that have paraded through Super League since forever. Ben Barba won MOS 2 years ago ffs
A brainwashed religious nut who believes gays are going to a fantasy land is the straw that breaks the camels back?
Spare me.
Any of these clubs would throw their grandmother under a bus if it got them 4 extra away fans through the gate to buy a pie and coke.

Springs09

Juniors
They didn't seem all that fussed about the other degenerate NRL rejects that have paraded through Super League since forever. Ben Barba won MOS 2 years ago ffs
A brainwashed religious nut who believes gays are going to a fantasy land is the straw that breaks the camels back?
Spare me.
Any of these clubs would throw their grandmother under a bus if it got them 4 extra away fans through the gate to buy a pie and coke.

It's like they are all trying to out-virtue-signal each other. Folau is more likely to bring fans through the gate than keep them away, even if it is for the wrong reasons.

taste2taste

Juniors
It seems all the outrage and legal threats are coming from with in the game. Has the game lost any sponsors ? If it does it will most likely be from the fuss being caused by these clubs and sponsors feeling pressured into distancing themselves from the game.

And as others have said, the fact that its relegation teams whining is a little sus about their motives.

I rekon give it a few weeks and see if anyone still cares, everyone will have found something new to be offended about.

adamkungl

Immortal
It seems all the outrage and legal threats are coming from with in the game. Has the game lost any sponsors ? If it does it will most likely be from the fuss being caused by these clubs and sponsors feeling pressured into distancing themselves from the game.

And as others have said, the fact that its relegation teams whining is a little sus about their motives.

I rekon give it a few weeks and see if anyone still cares, everyone will have found something new to be offended about.

Yep
Their kicking and screaming keeping this in the news cycle is more likely to do damage than if they just made their statements about not supporting his comments and let the story die naturally

Warriors Fever

Juniors

Agreed just like the whole lodge thing, people will move on and it will be business as usual.
The media just love filling up pages and this gets clicks from both sides.
Personally I have no problem, he should be allowed to work but as long as they state in his contract he’s out if he does this weird god shit then they have their arses covered.

Latest posts