What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan could start NRL season in reserves after rejecting Super League move

There is legs to the twitter rumours that Dugan is looking for medical retirement but thats difficult because an injury has to be proven- when the club doctors can't find anything I'd say that the NRL doctors and physios will have similar trouble.

I am led to believe that his full contract value is the amount reported.

It's now at the point where you just have to get him out of the joint anyway you can. I suspect he will be at another club with us paying most of the freight.

I reckon the Sharks are a good bet for the Spoon. Something is obviously going on in terms of moral. The Sharks own fans hate Moylan. They hate Johnno, they hate Feefs, they hate Chad, they hate Duges, FFS they even hated Gal. The players would pick up on that I reckon.
Now playing out of Kogarah for 2 years. Board members caught trying to flog players off. Constant internal leaks to Rothfield.
You only have to be off your game by 5% to cop an absolute pasting. After we cop a couple of those & the finger pointing starts the cracks will turn into chasms.

sharkman73

Juniors
I reckon the Sharks are a good bet for the Spoon. Something is obviously going on in terms of moral. The Sharks own fans hate Moylan. They hate Johnno, they hate Feefs, they hate Chad, they hate Duges, FFS they even hated Gal. The players would pick up on that I reckon.
Now playing out of Kogarah for 2 years. Board members caught trying to flog players off. Constant internal leaks to Rothfield.
You only have to be off your game by 5% to cop an absolute pasting. After we cop a couple of those & the finger pointing starts the cracks will turn into chasms.

We won't finish last but I have similar fears about this year, something is definitely not right and it will be a tumultuous year unfortunately.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to miss the 8.

We won't finish last but I have similar fears about this year, something is definitely not right and it will be a tumultuous year unfortunately.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to miss the 8.
To miss the 8? ha we are no chance of making the 8. To make the 8 you need committed senior players. We have lost too many & the ones there are copping a pasting from the fans & the club. its self cannabilism. The youth brigade will have a couple of outstanding wins, but mostly will fold like a deck of wet cards. & then they will all move to other clubs for personal reasons.

myrrh ken

First Grade
There is legs to the twitter rumours that Dugan is looking for medical retirement but thats difficult because an injury has to be proven- when the club doctors can't find anything I'd say that the NRL doctors and physios will have similar trouble.

I am led to believe that his full contract value is the amount reported.

It's now at the point where you just have to get him out of the joint anyway you can. I suspect he will be at another club with us paying most of the freight.

Gonna be hard to find a buyer now with these injury rumours.

Is it definite he is a lost cause? He puts in effort for games last year.

Is he really having a tanty about playing wing? Bomber probably shouldn't've nailed his colours to the mast re Noodle and Cherry. Cherry might not even be with us next year.

coolumsharkie

Referee
83598237_1522630034561487_3140657464689557504_o.jpg

If you were his manager & you could get him the same amount of money, without having to play, what would you be doing? If he is retired medically, no salary cap & insurance cops most of the payout

YTSharks

Juniors
Do we think there’s an option to try to retire medically on mental health. Not so much just Dugan but in general?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would be happy for any player who retires for any reason to stop counting towards the cap.

But they can never play again. If they are not playing ever again, why should they count?

I would be happy for any player who retires for any reason to stop counting towards the cap.

But they can never play again. If they are not playing ever again, why should they count?
GAsnier. Got $2 million dollars to play with an already over the cap St George team in 2010 & was put on at $170k for the first year. He then retired & got paid out the rest of the contract & not under the cap etc.

carcharias

Immortal
GAsnier. Got $2 million dollars to play with an already over the cap St George team in 2010 & was put on at $170k for the first year. He then retired & got paid out the rest of the contract & not under the cap etc.

I know him and his brother.
Not close mates by any stretch but have been around them a bit over the years.
Parties... bucks parties... weddings.
Gaz and the Dragons had a big falling out .
His old man got the sack from a job he did for nothing.
Just a dude that helped out on game day and at training.
I’m sure this was before gaz left to union.
Some payment dragons promised never eventuated as well.
Was really pissed off....and left.
Then suddenly
Came back on some dodgy cheap deal.

very sus.

yes bennet got him back. They were a strike centre short & over the cap. It might have even been less than $100k he signed for first year.

Tiger Shark

Bench

Absolutely zero chance Sharks get the spoon.

myrrh ken

First Grade
The story has been updated

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/d7bdf701bd4df94cde8afed689304a47

Josh Dugan claims he suffered chronic damage from secret fracture amid Sharks standoff
SHARKS
dc3523f8f6ed135accd2421b48484d3b

Club powerbrokers have held numerous meetings over the course of the summer about how best to handle the situation.Source: Getty Images
EXCLUSIVE

The Cronulla Sharks intend to ask if Josh Dugan wants to genuinely continue playing rugby league as the club attempts to resolve the $900,000-a-season star’s future.

The Dugan showdown with the Sharks was due to begin at 10am on Thursday but the fatal car accident near Sydney Airport meant its start time was slightly delayed as traffic chaos ensued.

While Dugan’s agent Paul Sutton and Sharks football manager Phil Moss were delayed, Dugan showed up at Sharks headquarters at 7am for training with the rest of the NRL squad.

The Dugan camp sought independent medical advice on Wednesday which suggested the former Test and Origin star has chronic arthritis in his knee.

The advice Dugan was given was to do no training whatsoever for six weeks.

According to the advice, the more Dugan runs, the more the injury will flare up.

The Dugan camp also claim the injury is a result of a fracture in his leg sustained midway through last season. Dugan is believed to have played on for most of the season despite the injury.

The Sharks intend to ask Dugan’s agent if the one-time State of Origin and Test star genuinely wants to continue playing rugby league.

The club is also concerned about the rest of its NRL playing roster becoming increasingly frustrated with Dugan’s level of commitment.

On Wednesday Fox Sports revealed the Dugan camp had discussed the prospect of going down the road of medical retirement.

It was raised in one of several meetings about Dugan’s future at the club over the course of the off-season.

But the Sharks’ medical advice was it wasn’t a new injury, meaning it would be a challenge to get the NRL to approve it.

Dugan’s camp may still attempt to pursue the medical retirement option.

BWNB

First Grade
What are the rules around medical retirements?

What's in the way of this being the case