What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji

Tiger05

First Grade
He was fantastic last year. Let's see how he goes this year though. Sometimes they lose a bit of pace and they just don't have it anymore.

He has though lost a tonne of pace and he still killed it last year.

The Rosco

Bench
In a grab from that link . . . they list the NRL teams based on forward pack strength.
They showed the WT as last with a D+ ranking.
Thought I'd post it here before that unwelcome souffs flog does.
No doubt he will copy and paste it here anyway, probably with a stupid fkkn emoji . . . because, you know, it is SO relevant to a souffs fan on a WT forum page.

Tigerm

First Grade
In a grab from that link . . . they list the NRL teams based on forward pack strength.
No doubt he will copy and paste it here anyway, probably with a stupid fkkn emoji . . . because, you know, it is SO relevant to a souffs fan on a WT forum page.
I just don't see us with a bad pack, infact I think they will dominate. All young bulls (except Packer) Maybe because we don't have a recognised hooker?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Stuff like that is gold to stick on the dressing room wall.

The Rosco

Bench
Stuff like that is gold to stick on the dressing room wall.
yeah . . . the other day, one of the DT merkins said we'd be no good in the forwards because they were all young, no super experienced leader . . . which is a fair enough point.
But then that knob fondler went on to say that most of all we'll miss Matterson, seeing that he was our best forward. Umm, Matto had played how many first grade games ?

Rhyno

First Grade

they also ranked the tigers spine a C if Reynolds gets suspended it will drop down to a D

yeah . . . the other day, one of the DT merkins said we'd be no good in the forwards because they were all young, no super experienced leader . . . which is a fair enough point.
But then that knob fondler went on to say that most of all we'll miss Matterson, seeing that he was our best forward. Umm, Matto had played how many first grade games ?
84games

The Rosco

Bench
Rhyno, I once had a girlfriend with D's.

f**k, "they" must be some type of smart.
If Reynolds plays, our rank should go downwards.
Oh, btw . . . nice leadership group at your club. All the desirable traits going on there for sure.
loyalty, conviction to the cause, commitment in the face of adversity, staying strong with your player group when things are down, encouragement, not blame others when things go wrong, the honour to fulfil ones duties like a man, being like a man, not being like a cat, the determination to sometimes ski uphill, and the restraint to keep all the toys in the cot when things don't go your way.
Yep all dem things in all yo leaders.
I just looked up "loyalty" and there was a pic of Mitchy and Matto.

So your saying Matto has played nearly 4 seasons of first grade ? where ?

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
When Benji first came on the scene (especially that run/try against the Sharks) I just thought wow. Then the poor guy started his run of injuries, bad ones!!! I thought we might have seen the best of him and he'd be a shooting star for two or three years. Here we are all these years later and all I can say is WOW, so proud to have him in our team.

PS. I know you'll know when the time is right Benji....just make it right for you and the team.

Legion

Juniors

Pre-season training under Maguire, he'll have them all fit & full of confidence.
All we need is a natural leader to emerge amongst them & they'll do well at the very least.

I've been thinking about the many seasons over the last decade, where the Eels looked rather good on paper, they talked themselves up, even the media got in the act, only to amount to bugger all.
This year they look good on paper & they're talking themselves up, big time. Imagine if they don't make the finals. That'll be hilarious.

Wonder if @Rhyno will come visiting to say hello?

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I just don't see us with a bad pack, infact I think they will dominate. All young bulls (except Packer) Maybe because we don't have a recognised hooker?

Loosing Matterson was a big blow. He’s star quality
Your bench forwards is a big worry, not the starting pack

Legion

Juniors

Is he Wily ol' Coot? Plenty of players with 'star quality' have gone to Parra & they've plateaued. Or gone backwards. Something about the place.
Anyway, Matts doesn't pass the No Dickhead rule. But not to worry, there's plenty of other dickheads in the team so he'll be in familiar company.

And don't you worry your fuzzy little head about our bench. Good strong young fellas with a point to prove. Madge has them primed & ready to go. They wont let their teammates down, be rest assured.

Tigerm

First Grade

Perhaps, but if Musgrove lives up to the hype around him, then I think we are OK as a lot of them now have a few seasons under there belt.
Packer
Twal
Aloiai
Mikaele
Clark
Musgrove
Taylor
Garner
Leilua
Chee-Kam
Eisenhuth

Hooker? not sure as Bellamy thinks the player swap will not happen, too much red tape.

Agree on Matterson. But it does give others oportunity. He was not a regular FG when we got him.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Perhaps, but if Musgrove lives up to the hype around him, then I think we are OK as a lot of them now have a few seasons under there belt.
Packer
Twal
Aloiai
Mikaele
Clark
Musgrove
Taylor
Garner
Leilua
Chee-Kam
Eisenhuth

Hooker? not sure as Bellamy thinks the player swap will not happen, too much red tape.

Agree on Matterson. But it does give others oportunity. He was not a regular FG when we got him.

Zane is 26 now and been promising to deliver for a long time. I think his boat has already sailed.
In saying that, I hope not as he was horribly shafted in one incident but obviously has “issues”

Tiger Ted

Bench
Packer
Twal
Aloiai
Mikaele
Clark
Musgrove
Taylor
Garner
Leilua
Chee-Kam
Eisenhuth

Plus Rowdy in his final season.Nobody deserves a successful swansong encompassing finals footy more than Rowdy.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Also Alex Seyfarth another Dundas shamrocks junior.Im expecting him to make his debut this season.