What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bushfire Appeal Charity match - Sat 8/2/20

TheParraboy

Staff member
Be good to have this as a separate thread

The teams as follows, screen shot from Fox Sports

18 squad members?

9 v 9?

They probably add more players during the week

bushfire2.jpeg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what happened to Isha ? she was originally listed to play in this game

TheParraboy

Staff member
Lara is there, as well as everyone's favourite new commentator Haydos

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/bus...-bbl-big-appeal-big-bash-tendulkar/2020-01-31

Players: Shane Warne (c), Ricky Ponting (c), Adam Gilchrist, Alex Blackwell, Andrew Symonds, Brad Fittler, Brad Haddin, Brian Lara, Brett Lee, Elyse Villani, Grace Harris, Justin Langer, Luke Hodge, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey, Phoebe Litchfield, Shane Watson, Yuvraj Singh, Wasim Akram (More to be announced)

Coaches: Sachin Tendulkar, Courtney Walsh

Non-playing capacity: Steve Waugh, Mel Jones, Andrew Johns

TheParraboy

Staff member
Full playing squad locked in for Bushfire Bash

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/bus...arne-bbl-big-appeal-bash-tendulkar/2020-02-01

Current playing squad for the Bushfire Cricket Bash:
Shane Warne (c), Ricky Ponting (c), Adam Gilchrist, Alex Blackwell, Andrew Symonds, Brad Fittler, Brad Haddin, Brett Lee, Brian Lara, Dan Christian, Nick Riewoldt, Elyse Villani, Grace Harris, Holly Ferling, Justin Langer, Luke Hodge, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey, Phoebe Litchfield, Shane Watson, Yuvraj Singh, Wasim Akram

TheParraboy

Staff member
31ponting_warne.ashx

TheParraboy

Staff member
What a joke. You've got people travelling all the way from overseas just for a T10 match. Why not a T20?

Whole BBL / limited overs ( internationals) this summer been messed up with schedules and overall treating fans with contempt , this doesn't surprise me one bit

As _snafu_ mentioned, probably be all washed out.

Only saving grace if a washout is if Stars make the final, Sixers will be declared the winner. How sweet tho art..

TIGER14

Bench
Whole BBL / limited overs ( internationals) this summer been messed up with schedules and overall treating fans with contempt , this doesn't surprise me one bit

As _snafu_ mentioned, probably be all washed out.

Only saving grace if a washout is if Stars make the final, Sixers will be declared the winner. How sweet tho art..

It'd be hilarious to see the Stars miss out that way.

If Stars do win tonight, and the final is rained out, is the winner decided on ...

A. Highest position on BBL ladder leading in to finals?

B. Team that got to the Final first?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ahh good.

I thought it was that way but you never know with the Stars. They might get the bloody rules changed by Sunday. LOL. I hope they lose tonight.

Basically the seedlings change after the qualifying final. Winner of that match (Sixers) become the number 1 seed and thus can win the final on a washout.

Everyone hopes the Stars lose tonight

TIGER14

Bench
Full playing squad locked in for Bushfire Bash

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/bus...arne-bbl-big-appeal-bash-tendulkar/2020-02-01

Current playing squad for the Bushfire Cricket Bash:
Shane Warne (c), Ricky Ponting (c), Adam Gilchrist, Alex Blackwell, Andrew Symonds, Brad Fittler, Brad Haddin, Brett Lee, Brian Lara, Dan Christian, Nick Riewoldt, Elyse Villani, Grace Harris, Holly Ferling, Justin Langer, Luke Hodge, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey, Phoebe Litchfield, Shane Watson, Yuvraj Singh, Wasim Akram

Surely it should be kept in Sydney. Lots of people (myself included) have been looking forward to seeing this.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Oh dear, this is messy.

A great concept that unfortunately has been ruined by rain, if any.

Yes the forecast say they'll be rain but how many times have we predicted rain but it doesnt turn out that what.

And I'm guessing the organisers predicted the Stars to be hosts for the BBL final, given how far ahead they were and they obviously didnt predict the massive choke.

This game was one of the reasons why the game is a sell out.

Timbo

Staff member
Oh dear, this is messy.

A great concept that unfortunately has been ruined by rain, if any.

Yes the forecast say they'll be rain but how many times have we predicted rain but it doesnt turn out that what.

And I'm guessing the organisers predicted the Stars to be hosts for the BBL final, given how far ahead they were and they obviously didnt predict the massive choke.

This game was one of the reasons why the game is a sell out.

If it doesn’t rain, I dare say Cricket NSW will be pretty f**king furious with CA.

Latest posts