What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neins

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hey shaggs, does a bloke who kick goals, therefore practicing a lot effect his sprinting ability.

Different muscles yeah?

Ads

First Grade
Hey shaggs, does a bloke who kick goals, therefore practicing a lot effect his sprinting ability.

Different muscles yeah?
Read that Johnson had identified a lower back/disk/nerve issue that could explain the hamstring problems and it’s been fixed or strengthened (memory is shot). Result is no issues kicking now and fingers crossed the hammy is back to somewhat normal.

shaggs

Coach

Different muscles yeah?
I don’t think so.
If all you did was kick goals and never run then you might have a issue. Goal kicking is movement memory. Head down, kick threw the ball etc etc,. Do this 100 times so it’s normal. Then adjustments can be made for conditions like wind. Same as a golf swing

As for his back, his quads looked so big last year that I though he was mechanically rooted. Now he has said he had a bulging disc it makes sense. Someone along the way has tried to bulk him up which affected his back. (Poor technique, too heavy squats/deadlifts)
Having non activated/weak glutes overloaded his hamstrings and then bamn. Injury.

I expect a rebuilt, mechanically sound player this year

Frenzy.

Immortal
Read that Johnson had identified a lower back/disk/nerve issue that could explain the hamstring problems and it’s been fixed or strengthened (memory is shot). Result is no issues kicking now and fingers crossed the hammy is back to somewhat normal.

I don’t think so.
If all you did was kick goals and never run then you might have a issue. Goal kicking is movement memory. Head down, kick threw the ball etc etc,. Do this 100 times so it’s normal. Then adjustments can be made for conditions like wind. Same as a golf swing

As for his back, his quads looked so big last year that I though he was mechanically rooted. Now he has said he had a bulging disc it makes sense. Someone along the way has tried to bulk him up which affected his back. (Poor technique, too heavy squats/deadlifts)
Having non activated/weak glutes overloaded his hamstrings and then bamn. Injury.

shaggy ^^^^

I am not at all surprised by this news. Not at all.

Craigshark

First Grade
I don’t think so.

you’re not wrong about his legs. His quads etc looked noticeably bigger last year than previous years

I don’t think so.

That sounds like good news! This is the Sharks forum isn't it?

Eion

First Grade
His back was first rooted 10 years ago which bothers me. Sometimes (often) they just never come good.

shaggs

Coach
His back was first rooted 10 years ago which bothers me. Sometimes (often) they just never come good.
Agree, however correct management and balance with his mechanics and balance his posterior chain involvement can take a lot of strain off it.
The body can resolve a disc bludge if it is minor. But it takes too long and most people can’t cope with the pain

myrrh ken

First Grade
Looks like we are going for it. Can't wait to see those jerseys.
No Moylan is a bit surprising. Thought he'd be tailor-made for this.

1. Wade Graham (c) 2. Briton Nikora 3. Jack Williams 4. Aaron Woods 5. Blayke Brailey 6. Josh Morris 7. Jesse Ramien 8. Chad Townsend 9. Shaun Johnson 10. Ronaldo Mulitalo 11. William Kennedy 12. Sione Katoa 13. Connor Tracey 14. Billy Magoulias 15. Toby Rudolph 16. Scott Sorensen 17. Teig Wilton 18. Braydon Trindall

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/b6bca3041f63f7cc9c191e1788ae566a

1. Wade Graham (c) 2. Briton Nikora 3. Jack Williams 4. Aaron Woods 5. Blayke Brailey 6. Josh Morris 7. Jesse Ramien 8. Chad Townsend 9. Shaun Johnson 10. Ronaldo Mulitalo 11. William Kennedy 12. Sione Katoa 13. Connor Tracey 14. Billy Magoulias 15. Toby Rudolph 16. Scott Sorensen 17. Teig Wilton 18. Braydon Trindall

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/b6bca3041f63f7cc9c191e1788ae566a

Pretty sure Moylan hammy issue.

Uele a hammy issue.

Xerri recovering from off season shoulder surgery.

Dugan chronic head injury.

Tiger Shark

Bench

Tailor made or not, last thing you want a player with hammy issues is playing 9's imo

Latest posts