What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardlumps62

Juniors
This thread was Jack de Belin think I will reconnect after the trial concludes. Then the thread will be either interesting if he pulls on the Red V again or the alternative which will mean we don't see him in the NRL ever again.

merahputih

Juniors
Is there a media blackout on the JDB case? I know this week has been taken up with legal arguments which are probably about as interesting as watching paint dry for most people, but there seems to be no coverage in any of the media.

Old Timer

Coach
Andrew Webster reported on radio today re the matter, suggesting a jury has yet to be finalised.
If they are still arguing points of law and have no jury then little to report would be a fair assumption.
Do you know if the alleged victims name had been released in earlier news items?
I could understand the reasoning behind Pell suppression order but not sure if it would be applicable for this case although the girl was only young so maybe that has a bearing?

TruSaint

Referee
If they are still arguing points of law and have no jury then little to report would be a fair assumption.
Do you know if the alleged victims name had been released in earlier news items?
I could understand the reasoning behind Pell suppression order but not sure if it would be applicable for this case although the girl was only young so maybe that has a bearing?

Yes, points of law are being debated, he added. Thats all i heard.
I am unaware of any suppression order mate.

denis preston

First Grade
Mate, Muzby is not the one putting you in the Swamp. And it's not just you, I'm moving both of you to the Swamp whenever this flares up.

Please keep in mind that Muzby is a Jubilee Avenue Mod and has no moderator powers in this forum. He can't move posts here. I suspect there is a misunderstanding at play that is adding to your aggravation.

To reiterate, I move both of you into the Swamp every time I see a thread being derailed by this squabble. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that people find this fight all very boring.

It has been going on for too long, and now you are trying to escalate it further by openly defying the moderating.

I actually have better things to do (like my real day job). So now that you know, I ask politely that you please walk away from this argument. If you can't, I'll need to take further action. I can't be fairer than that.

Thanks in advance to both of you for doing your bit to bring an end to this bickering.

Should be more of it Willow. You go on a topic hoping for updated information and the bickering ruins the whole thread and this has happened to 5 or 6 lately and appears to be on the increase. Power to you brother , lock up the usual offenders !

hewi

Bench
The case hasn't even started yet. It was postponed until Monday next week. I'm unable to divulge details but there is the possibility also that this case may be pushed back up to 6 months if it cannot be started next week.
Can't say anymore.

Interesting and thanks, I’m only guessing here but I’m sure JDB was keen and prepared to go so I just wonder if maybe some evidence has appeared that wasn’t given to him by the DPP?

BennyV

Referee
I don’t think it’s got anything to do with any parties, has been mentioned on JA that debating of legal arguments is done independently of a jury and is done so as to not influence a jury, hence the media blackout.

randomdragon

Juniors
The case hasn't even started yet. It was postponed until Monday next week. I'm unable to divulge details but there is the possibility also that this case may be pushed back up to 6 months if it cannot be started next week.
Can't say anymore.

doubt this is true... how could you possibly know

George Dragon

Juniors
De Belin facing more time on sidelines as trial may be delayed until August
Angus Thompson and Sam Phillips
February 7, 2020 — 9.01pm

Banned NRL player Jack de Belin's rape trial may now be delayed until August, dashing the St George Illawarra Dragons forward's prospects of finalising the matter before the 2020 season begins.

De Belin and Shellharbour Sharks player Callan Sinclair were due to begin a two-week trial on February 3 over allegations the pair sexually assaulted a 19-year-old woman in a Wollongong apartment in December 2018.

be6b4696e4ab3949412441c1e054b74a0d32b9f2

Jack de Belin (left) leaves Wollongong Court during a break in his case this week.CREDIT:KATE GERAGHTY

Both men, who are on conditional bail, have pleaded not guilty to five charges of aggravated sexual assault.

A jury was set to be empanelled on Monday before Wollongong District Court judge Andrew Haesler pushed back the start of the trial to hear a series of complex and sensitive legal arguments, requiring the courtroom to be closed to the public over multiple days.

On the fourth day of pre-trial proceedings, the nature of which cannot be legally disclosed, Judge Haesler said, "unless something extraordinary happens we are not going to be running the trial next week."

He said the next available date for the trial wasn't until August.

The date of the trial had previously been brought forward from March 2, with acting judge Paul Conlon saying in September it was important to have the trial begin as early as possible for all parties concerned.

Judge Haesler repeated the sentiment this week.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-be-delayed-until-august-20200207-p53ypn.html

Old Timer

Coach
Can't say anymore.

doubt this is true... how could you possibly know

Well the jury certainly isn't out on who got this one right.
Well done Crush.
I would suggest it is time to close the thread down and for the club to move on immediately.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Can't say anymore.
I hope you are wrong, it is definitely going to be a complicated case with the high profile of the case. I would say it is going to be hard to get an unbiased jury one way or another and both sides will argue this. Aside from the Dragons, some peoples lives are going to be torn apart from this and probably already have somewhat. Would be nice for all concerned to get this finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.