What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You’re top 8 for 2020

Tigers4ever

Juniors
1 Roosters
2 Tigers
3 knights
4 sharks
5 Storm
6 Cowboys
7 Rabbits
8 Broncos
To miss the 8
Raiders
Manly
Parra
Panthers
Warriors
Titans
Dragons
Bulldogs
Top 8 in order, bottom 8 not in order. Dragons to get wooden spoon.

The unknown

Juniors
6-8th but that will heavily rely on no injuries to key players.

I’ve said it before but our pack is good enough to match it with the best. We bashed souffs twice out of the game last year and went toe to toe with the roosters (2nd game) and Melbourne.

With another Madge pre season under their belts blokes like Twal, Mikaele, Aloiai and Garner should flourish (also the additions of Leilua and Musgrove) of course

If we finish 9th again I think I’ll give up

In no order but I reckon these teams will be in the 8

Roosters
Canberra
Parramatta
Melbourne
Bulldogs
Cowboys
Tigers
Knights

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Not in order, these teams will make 8

Roosters
Storm
Broncos
Panthers
Tigers
Canberra
Manly
Souths

Knights and Eels have good squads but I have a feeling they will miss out

Tigerm

First Grade
Manly
Canberra
Souths
WT's
Easts
Melbourne
Dragons
Cowboys

I think we are capable of top 4

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
Manly
Chooks
Rabbits
Melbourne
Knights
Dogs
Tigers
Canberra

Not in any particular order. Im thinking we finish 6th.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m fairly bullish of our chances of making the top 8. We’ve finished 9th 4 times since 2011 and IMO this is our strongest squad and best coach we’ve had since then. We appear to be the most settled we’ve been off field and by all reports have one of the ‘easier’ draws as opposed to fairly horrible ones the past 2 years.

This year the sides that have been perennial top 4 sides have lost a bit of talent which will bring them back to the pack. Roosters Cronk/Latrell, Rabbits Burgess X2/ Sutton, Sharks Gallen/Prior etc. For the first time in a while I don’t feel there’s a clear cut top few sides and expect it to be a fairly close comp with the ladder changing regularly.

For us we have a great start to the year playing 6 sides that finished bottom 8 in the first 7 games. I realize it’s 1 game at a time but we should be aiming for 5 wins in this chunk before a tough 5 games against 2019 semi finalists.

In no order and not considering the draw I’ll put these sides in my 8:

Roosters
Rabbits
Storm
Sea Eagles
Tigers
Raiders
Broncos
Cowboys

This is only a turn over of 2 sides missing the 8, traditionally 3 sides turn over with 1 top 4 missing.

I couldn’t drop any top 4 sides so excluded the Eels (5th) purely because they’ve crashed and burned after the last 2 times they’ve had good seasons. I feel they are still a mentally weak side who got the benefit of the easiest draw last year along with the emotion of the new stadium which will surely die down this year.

For us I’ll have us 6th/7th. I feel we’re a genuine class player away from challenging for the Top 4

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I'll say one thing Rhyno you don't give in easy....unlike your team.

I guess you'd see Parra not winning the comp this year as an abject failure. You and your mates are always talking them up so lets see if they can walk the walk....not winning the comp = total failure. Second through eight just ain't good enough for Parra.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Raiders
Eels
Roosters
Manly
Storm
Souths
Warriors
Knights

Being completely honest I reckon the Eels will end the season on same amount of points as Warriors but you guys will have a better F/A.

Just wanted to give credit where it is due

super_coach

First Grade
Sadly I see the Eels having a very good year. The winner will come from the Chooks,Rabbits, Manly or the Eels. I think the Storm and the Raiders my slip a tad. We will finish between 10th and sixth

Tiger05

First Grade
Sadly I see the Eels having a very good year. The winner will come from the Chooks,Rabbits, Manly or the Eels. I think the Storm and the Raiders my slip a tad. We will finish between 10th and sixth

The Eels look good. They will be close to if not the favourites. I think Manly may struggle without a dummy half but that is the same as us.

super_coach

First Grade
The Eels look good. They will be close to if not the favourites. I think Manly may struggle without a dummy half but that is the same as us.
Didn’t they just sign Levi from the Knights, I know he has the odd howler, but at least he knows how to play the D/H role

The Rosco

Bench
1- South sydney
2-Souffs
3-Rabbitohs
4-Pride of the league
5-Pride of the indigenous
6-Pride of the toothless
7-Port and starboard
8-Red and green

There. that's my top 8. Otherwise, whiners be whining

The unknown

Juniors
The eels have a history of buckling under the hype but this time it just feels different, brand new shiny stadium, quality across the park and I hate to say it but Mitch the bitch is probably a shoe in for origin this year because we all know Freddy would get on his knees for him in an instant.

In saying that if the eels don’t win it in the next 3 years then they probably never will lol. They’ve added RCG and Matterson onto an already stacked squad and their dummy half and the young 5/8 are a year older who were quality in their 1st years

Now let me go bath in a vat of acid...talking the eels up

Last edited:

magpie_man

Juniors
Top 4 (in no particular order):
Easts (3peat)
Souths
Parra
Brisbane

Next 6 (in no particular order):
Canberra
Manly