What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Bridget Mackenzie should have hit up Mary for some staying power tips. She could have hung on until the next election with Mary's guidance..

Yep, sweet insight that one!

If Gorden and the win side of the joint venture were leading the national country party, she’d be deputy prime minister by now.

But Mary would make an excellent federal politician. P

Makes excuses: tick
Raises false hopes: tick
Mismanages people: tick
Does not take criticism well: tick
Remains in job too long: tick
Mates in media: tick
Still in power: tick
Over paid: tick
The wrong decisions: tick
Avoids responsibility: tick
Blames others: tick
Has done nothing: tick
Will fail: tick
Treats constituents with contempt: tick
Delusional and manic: tick
Will get a plumb job after retirement: tick

The Right Honourable Member for Dapto West and the eastern borough of Albion Park Rail.

The Fail Mary party. Bridget can do the finances!

The new power couple in Australian Politics.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
She allegedly gave the gun club she just joined $30k lol.

That’s dumb even by Mary standards.

Lu should have invited her to post and hit her up for something.

Cash grant for a 3000 paperback thesauruses.

Desperately needed.

Nothing more than an a admission fee.
Those Eastern suburbs gun clubs are not cheap.
A bit like some golf clubs.
A big entrance fee and then your in!
Fore!
J3493KZ.jpg

LINESPEED

Juniors

Strategy requires a capacity to think.

And the poor bastard looks as glum & grim as a teamsheet with only Aitken & Lafai written on it

- and a game plan on an empty sheet of butcher’s paper with 5..30pm 360 written beside an almost illegible scrawling of “comfortable being uncomfortable”

...and a love heart with Phil emblazoned over it :heartpulse:

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Flanno, ‘Shep’ and less sweeping plays: Inside the Dragons’ ‘real big shake-up’
Dragons
john_dean.jpg

5fb4104f2b98624c35dc7f05a75a1fa1

The Dragons have revamped their attack and defence ahead of 2020. Photo credits: News Corp; DragonsSource: Supplied
On the back of eight major backroom staff changes, St George Illawarra is preparing to unveil a revamped attack and defence in 2020.

There was no sugar coating the Dragons’ performances last season where they finished 15th with eight wins — the worst in the joint venture’s history.

It led to coach Paul McGregor bringing in Phil Gould for an exhaustive review of the club’s football department and subsequently, the likes of Cronulla premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan and former Sharks and Newcastle assistant James Shepherd were brought in to stop the leaking of tries, while also create them.

According to numbers provided by Fox Sports Lab, the Dragons conceded 24 points per game in 2019, with only Gold Coast conceding more (27.1). Their 575 points conceded last season was their third most in any regular season and most since 2003 when they conceded 593. They were also ranked second last in metres conceded and linebreaks conceded.

Against top-eight teams, the Red V really struggled, averaging just 13.7 points, with only Canterbury (12.6) averaging less.

Of the six times they scored over 20 points in 2019, only one of them came against a top eight side (25 v Broncos in Round 3), the others against the Bulldogs and Titans (both twice) and North Queensland.

“There are a lot of factors into what happened last year,” Dragons halfback Hunt told foxsports.com.au when asked where the team’s attack fell down.

“Obviously losing Jack (de Belin) and Gareth (Widdop) hurt us. It definitely didn’t help, and Corey (Norman) missed a bit too.

“I still think we had enough quality players there to attack, but we just lost our way as a whole team. It wasn’t just losing those two guys, it was everyone who was involved.

“It’s hard to put a finger on it, but like I said we just lost our way and I think it’s good we’ve got a fresh start now and we’re changing a few things and everyone’s excited for a fresh beginning.”

‘FLANNO’ AND ‘SHEP’

With Flanagan and Shepherd joining McGregor and fellow assistant Dean Young, Hunt said Dragons fans would see a change in the way the team plays.

McGregor admitted after the 2019 season the Dragons’ attack was too reliant on the performances of Widdop and de Belin, so a different approach needed to be taken.

According to Hunt and backrower Tariq Sims, the coaches have made it a focus that the players actually play to their strengths.

f5e3fcc7ce539de6ab45579560cc610d

Ben Hunt in action for the Dragons.Source: AAP
“They’ve been great and I’ve really enjoyed both of them on-board,” Hunt said of Flanagan and Shepherd.

“Flanno’s more concentrating on defence and I’ve found him really good in that regard tactically and how we want to defend and the style of defence we want to have.

“As a halfback, I’ve really enjoyed having ‘Shep’ as well. We’re changing our attack a lot compared to what it was last year and I think it suits the way myself and Corey play.

“If you look at the Dragons the past few years there’s been a lot of big sweeping plays with halves out the back and those sorts of plays.

“This year we might have a little bit of that, but there’s going to be more of myself and Corey getting the ball in our hands and directing our forwards around more rather than swinging out the back of them.”

Sims also said he’d been hugely impressed with the development of Young this pre-season.

“Deano went away with the Tongan camp and has evolved as a coach just being with the Tongan side and to see his development from last year to this year has been outstanding,” Sims told foxsports.com.au.

“It’s been nice. Different ideas. Everyone loves playing to their strengths and when you get coaches that really drive that and gas you up on the footy field, it’s really exciting times.

“You’re probably going to have to wait to Round 1 to see all the changes to be honest.

“But there’s been a real big shake-up.”

FULLBACK

Fresh off signing a long-term contract extension with the club, Zac Lomax will get first crack in the No.1 jumper in 2020.

Before the club took a break over Christmas, McGregor had already signalled his intention to play the young gun in the custodian role.

While there have been huge raps on the 20-year-old in the junior grades, the start to his NRL career has been a mixed bag of performances which could be put down to a constant changing of positions.

But he’s now able to own a position.

a68b5cd0063707519ec1d44bb556f07e

Zac Lomax of the Dragons dives for a try.Source: AAP

“He’s a fierce competitor, Zac; he wants to be involved in absolutely everything,” Hunt said.

“He tops our k’s every week at training, but he’s really hungry to learn and I think he’s got the ability to be a good fullback, but it’s just going to take a bit of time.

“He always wants to fly into everything and he’s a young kid so he’s bouncing around all over the place.

“He’s probably trying to do too much where he just needs to settle and get a hang of where he needs to be.”

ISSAC LUKE

The signing of former South Sydney and Warriors hooker Issac Luke raised eyebrows when it was announced, especially given the club’s No.9 and newly-appointed captain Cameron McInnes is an 80-minute player.

But Hunt said Luke’s experience and point of difference could serve the side well if the pair work in tandem throughout games.

“Bully’s slotted in really well,” Hunt said.

“He brings a different dimension to the dummy-half role to what Cam does. They’re different types of players but both really good in their own right.

“He’s really creative, he’s a good bloke and a joy to have around the place.”

c69e5394128c7bb936179b745cfa9015

Issac Luke has joined the Dragons on a one-year deal. Picture: Brett CostelloSource: News Corp Australia
While Hunt wasn’t sure about the conversations between McInnes, Luke and McGregor, he said McInnes had been doing most of the work during the pre-season.

“He was still out at the start of pre-season with his ankle injury so he missed and bit and Bully was in there, but the past couple of weeks it’s been mostly Cam and Bully just subs in every now and then,” Hunt said.

“At the moment I’m not too sure how it’s going to work because Cam’s an 80-minute player, but whether Mary wants to use Bully in there and put Cam into lock forward then we’ll see how it goes.

“I think (McInnes) would be fine (at lock). He’s really determined, he’ll run hard, he’s got good feet. I think he’d be a similar mould to someone like Cam Murray. Like he’s not the biggest guy, but he’s really hungry and play the ball quick.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/d18fc4a526f372a6e6b15fa8e8cd081b