What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Predicted Souths 2020 Lineup

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Thought this would be a fun thread now that we know Latrell will be here next year. Top 17, Top 30 go nuts. I’ll start off with how I think we’ll line up. I’m predicting no arrow at this stage but if he was to play for us I think he would slot in at prop and Amone would move out of the 17.

1. Latrell
2. AJ
3. Gagai
4. Roberts
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Cook
10. Knight
11. Su’a
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Doueihi
15. Tatola
16. Amone
17. Sironen

18. Burns
19. Nicholls

I would prefer Burns over Gagai but that’s way too much money to be sitting in reserve grade. Obviously there’s question marks over whether AJ and Gagai will be there round 1 as well but I think this is the most likely side.

Second row looking very skinny but we brought Su’a over for a reason and I’ve only been hearing good things about Bayley Sironen in the off season. Expect him to be a regular in first grade.

Travitoh

First Grade
Two changes for me assuming Latrell is ready to go at FB. Alternatives listed if he's not.

1. Latrell/Doueihi
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Burns/Latrell
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Knight
11. Su’a
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Doueihi/Sironen
15. Tatola
16. Amone
17. Nicholls

If Arrow joins...
8. Arrow
17. Tom
Nicholls out

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Two changes for me assuming Latrell is ready to go at FB. Alternatives listed if he's not.

1. Latrell/Doueihi
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Burns/Latrell
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Knight
11. Su’a
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Doueihi/Sironen
15. Tatola
16. Amone
17. Nicholls

If Arrow joins...
8. Arrow
17. Tom
Nicholls out

Pretty much the same side without AJ that’s interesting. We have a wealth of talent in the backs which is good. I found it hard to leave Burns out as well because I think he’s the least established out of everyone but I wouldn’t want to leave him out. Has the potential to be one of the best centres in the game.

I agree about Arrow at prop. I think the middle is where he’s best utilised.

Travitoh

First Grade
Pretty much the same side without AJ that’s interesting. We have a wealth of talent in the backs which is good. I found it hard to leave Burns out as well because I think he’s the least established out of everyone but I wouldn’t want to leave him out. Has the potential to be one of the best centres in the game.

I agree about Arrow at prop. I think the middle is where he’s best utilised.

It's not going to be an easy decision for anyone to make but i feel that AJ doesn't have any unique strengths compared to the others.
I don't intend it as a knock on him but i see the last spot being Gagai vs AJ and AJ just doesn't have the work rate imo.
Agree about Burns, I've liked the look of him since i caught a bit of him playing Holden Cup for Penrith. If he can get his body right, he'll be a fantastic player for Souths.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's not going to be an easy decision for anyone to make but i feel that AJ doesn't have any unique strengths compared to the others.
I don't intend it as a knock on him but i see the last spot being Gagai vs AJ and AJ just doesn't have the work rate imo.
Agree about Burns, I've liked the look of him since i caught a bit of him playing Holden Cup for Penrith. If he can get his body right, he'll be a fantastic player for Souths.

Nah I completely agree with what you’re saying. I think Gagai’s best position is wing and we ultimately weaken the backline by having AJ at wing. Tbh we are so lucky to have GI coaching our backline. He can guide Mitchell, Roberts and Burns to the next level.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thought this would be a fun thread now that we know Latrell will be here next year. Top 17, Top 30 go nuts. I’ll start off with how I think we’ll line up. I’m predicting no arrow at this stage but if he was to play for us I think he would slot in at prop and Amone would move out of the 17.

1. Latrell
2. AJ
3. Gagai
4. Roberts
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Cook
10. Knight
11. Su’a
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Doueihi
15. Tatola
16. Amone
17. Sironen

18. Burns
19. Nicholls

I would prefer Burns over Gagai but that’s way too much money to be sitting in reserve grade. Obviously there’s question marks over whether AJ and Gagai will be there round 1 as well but I think this is the most likely side.

Second row looking very skinny but we brought Su’a over for a reason and I’ve only been hearing good things about Bayley Sironen in the off season. Expect him to be a regular in first grade.
Looking good but sorry I can’t have Gagai at centre.

Anyway something may give the next few weeks.

Nicholls is also looking incredibly fit apparently and killed the beep test, I still see Wayne picking Nicholls in the 17 for Round 1.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I like that Nicholls is staying super fit. It’s kind of him saying “I know I’m not in the predicted side but I’m gonna do everything I can to impress at pre season.” Gotta love those kind of players. I’ll happily have him in the side it’s just from what I’ve heard Sironen is definitely going to be in the 17.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Looking good but sorry I can’t have Gagai at centre.

Anyway something may give the next few weeks.

Nicholls is also looking incredibly fit apparently and killed the beep test, I still see Wayne picking Nicholls in the 17 for Round 1.

Yeah I don’t want Gagai at centre either. @Travitoh side for me is our best side but if no one gets released I expect us to line up as above.

I’d be making Cody captain for sure.

Latrell off the interchange until he reaches fitness levels. It would be interesting to see what he could to with more grunt for a shorter period, move him into a quasi forwards role to accomodate the loss of Sam. At speed he is going to draw 3 players.

You could meddle with jimmy the jet too. He’s a very powerful player with some mongrel.

The future of the game is in utility.

Squads win Premierships not teams!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’d be making Cody captain for sure.

Latrell off the interchange until he reaches fitness levels. It would be interesting to see what he could to with more grunt for a shorter period, move him into a quasi forwards role to accomodate the loss of Sam. At speed he is going to draw 3 players.

You could meddle with jimmy the jet too. He’s a very powerful player with some mongrel.

The future of the game is in utility.

Squads win Premierships not teams!

For me the captaincy is between 3 people. Cody, AR and cook. I think AR wins it for me because his a Souths junior.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I like that Nicholls is staying super fit. It’s kind of him saying “I know I’m not in the predicted side but I’m gonna do everything I can to impress at pre season.” Gotta love those kind of players. I’ll happily have him in the side it’s just from what I’ve heard Sironen is definitely going to be in the 17.
Who told you that re Sironen?

I can guess where you heard it but don’t wanna guess and get in trouble.......

Spoilt for riches 2020.

I though douie was a good club kid, a lot of people thought he had a better finals series than the big guns.

Brutal decision to shop him around. I can understand that gags and aj need a new club to raise their waning spirits. Good players but they need a fresh start.

I was looking at 2026 and by then douie would be club captain and maybe even the next John Sutton stature wise.

Bennett is not a man for sentiment.

Of course he’s a tiger and we want him back. We have 3 spots to fill 2020. Perhaps he’s the gun centre we need?

He looks pretty useful to us second tier to third tier sides.

Rabbits20

Immortal
1. Latrell
2. Gagai
3. Burns
4. Roberts
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Cook
10. Knight
11. Murray
12. Lowe
13. Koloamatangi

14. Su’a
15. Tatola
16. Amone
17. Sironen

18.Nicholls
19. AJ
if i was forced to pick a starting team now this would be mine.
I really like it, only difference is I’d have Nicholls in the 17 and I would probs have Tatola at prop with Knight to lock.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Spoilt for riches 2020.

I though douie was a good club kid, a lot of people thought he had a better finals series than the big guns.

Brutal decision to shop him around. I can understand that gags and aj need a new club to raise their waning spirits. Good players but they need a fresh start.

I was looking at 2026 and by then douie would be club captain and maybe even the next John Sutton stature wise.

Bennett is not a man for sentiment.

Of course he’s a tiger and we want him back. We have 3 spots to fill 2020. Perhaps he’s the gun centre we need?

He looks pretty useful to us second tier to third tier sides.

The problem is Doueihi’s best positions are all filled by current players and even after our current players are gone we have plans for our current juniors to step up. If you heard the reps people at the club have on Joseph Sualli at only 16 years old releasing Doueihi starts to make more sense.