What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He isnt that bad though is he?

If you check some Souths forums out people absolutely loathe the bloke. People think he’s an arrogant piece of work.

I personally think he’s a great businessman and has been awesome for Souths. Apparently player managers hate him because he’s very difficult to manipulate. I personally hope he stays on board. We went to shit after he left last time.

handyman2190

Bench
Knight chose culture over coin: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/02/07/knight-knocks-back-big-bucks-to-re-sign-with-rabbitohs/

Exclusive - Plot to knife South Sydney boss Shane Richardson in power struggle, but Russell Crowe stepped in to save him: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/52e44b4505c094d881b33db9464976df

Richo is a hard nut, yes its very hard to con or manipulate him, yes player mgers may not like him, but since he took the wheel we have fixed many problems and won a premiership, yes the board may not appreciate him because he isnt a yes and bend over man, but that year he left us we were screwed, we had 2 or 3 that tried and failed miserably, he is good enough for rusty,well he is good enough for me. His contract finishes end 21, you watch the garbage trying to replace him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just a quick one guys, it’s kinda news related but in regards to fantasy football.

Just in case some of you guys missed it @callmack1 opened an NRL Fantasy comp once more this season for Souths supporters who love Fantasy but also for those who haven’t played before who wanna give it a crack these guys are also all welcome.

The league code to join is in the NRL Fantasy thread on here on our forum for those that may have missed it.

So far 7 of the 16 spots have filled up, so there is plenty plenty more space for you guys to join.

I know Callmack is hoping to fill the league this year so we don’t have to put in any celebrity teams to fill it up like we have needed too in previous seasons.

Edit: code is below!

Rabbitohs Forums League 2020 is now open!! All forum members welcome!

Invite code is, UL29UHAU

callmack1

Staff member
Just a quick one guys, it’s kinda news related but in regards to fantasy football.

Just in case some of you guys missed it @callmack1 opened an NRL Fantasy comp once more this season for Souths supporters who love Fantasy but also for those who haven’t played before who wanna give it a crack these guys are also all welcome.

The league code to join is in the NRL Fantasy thread on here on our forum for those that may have missed it.

So far 7 of the 16 spots have filled up, so there is plenty plenty more space for you guys to join.

I know Callmack is hoping to fill the league this year so we don’t have to put in any celebrity teams to fill it up like we have needed too in previous seasons.

Edit: code is below!

Rabbitohs Forums League 2020 is now open!! All forum members welcome!

Invite code is, UL29UHAU
Yes guys please join!! Even if you've never played before, please join in the fun!!

callmack1

Staff member
From the pine and into his prime: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/02/07/from-the-pine-and-into-his-prime/

Wow, Knighty is honestly so passionate about this club, it's great to see! Hopefully he continues to show that passion on the field!!

Members Ask, Richardson Listens: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/02/06/members-ask-richardson-listens/

Sorry for the late reaction on the ask Richo thing but that was a great watch! Richo seems very confident that a lot of young guys will step up and that's what I want to hear. He says we haven't given up on Arrow but I'm not gonna lie, I think that ship has sailed for 2020 sadly.

His comments about the second row are interesting and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we big K play there. Of course, he may be talking about Sironen.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
@handyman2190

We often focus on the top-end NRL player salaries and think that all the footballers are cruising on easy street.

But Kyle Turner is living proof that is not the case.

Two weeks short of his 28th birthday, and despite busting his neck and his back among multiple injuries suffered playing the game he loves, a disheartened Turner has now reluctantly called time on his NRL career.

After being cut from South Sydney at the end of last season, the premiership-winning forward spent the summer training on his own back in his hometown of Coonabarabran in hope of getting one last crack.

But while Turner said there was some interest from a few NRL clubs to play again this season, ultimately he couldn’t afford to stay living in Sydney while supporting a young family on the wage he was offered.

It is believed Turner would have stood to earn about $70,000.

But with a fiancée Emma (who is currently on maternity leave) and their 11-month-old baby boy Cheyse, Turner said he had to put his family ahead of his own ambitions.

“I love football, I really do,” Turner said.

“And I’d do anything to play again.

“But I have to do what is right for my family because it is not just about me anymore.

“Our little boy is not even a year old yet so Emma is not working.

“And the fact is I have been offered jobs back home for better money than I would have got playing footy.”

Turner conceded he was disappointed at the current NRL guidelines that restrict each club to only 30 contracted NRL players, with a further six development players also eligible to play in the top grade in any given season.

While you could argue many of the young guns are also on outrageous salaries, seasoned campaigners like Turner are being forced out way too early because they are not eligible to play NRL unless on a top-30 salary.

“It is crazy,” Turner agreed.

“I don’t understand it but it is what it is.”

Turner conceded he had struggled to come to terms with his decision.

“It is a bit disheartening,” he added. “I know the year before (in 2018 under Anthony Seibold) I didn’t have the best year and I was plagued by injuries and obviously I was playing reserve grade. I kind of thought that would be the end for me.

“But then I picked myself up and got a full year out last year and I thought I didn’t go too bad. I thought it warranted getting another contract.

“If it wasn’t with the Bunnies at least somewhere else.

“To find out that there is not much happening is a bit disheartening. But I can’t sit around and mope all day.

“I have to pick myself up and get onto the next part of my life. It is a bit sad.

“I never thought I’d be done at 28.”

Turner will clock off with 91 NRL games as well as representing the Indigenous All Stars and NSW Country, and of course playing his part in Souths’ drought-breaking premiership campaign.

He said he was still weighing up what his next move would be workwise, but he plans to continue studying to become a primary school teacher.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So where do we think we will finish after 25 rounds?

I say 6th.

My old man had a good hard long think and said our forward pack is a concern as is lack of depth, he still expects us to do pretty well but reckons we will just miss the top 4 and finish 5th.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’ll remember this, but sadly can’t see it happening unless we find a very good forward from somewhere and for our players to somehow not play origin at all etc.....

It’s just not gonna happen.

You’re thinking with your heart imo Southy and not your head.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I’ll remember this, but sadly can’t see it happening unless we find a very good forward from somewhere and for our players to somehow not play origin at all etc.....

I watched a challenge cup game today in Cessnock between Ryde-Eastwood Hawks and Western Suburbs Rosellas.

The Rosellas gave away about 500-600kg to the Hawks and some of these guys were MASSIVE. About 3 of them would have been easily 130kg/6'5+, still Western Suburbs won 32-12 which gives me hope for this year lol

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
So where do we think we will finish after 25 rounds?

I say 6th.

My old man had a good hard long think and said our forward pack is a concern as is lack of depth, he still expects us to do pretty well but reckons we will just miss the top 4 and finish 5th.
Yeah somewhere in the top 8, but maybe not top 4 unless the New youngins' in the forwards can surprise.
Top 4 in no particular order: Roosters, Manly, Eels, Canberra
Then: Melbourne, Souths, Broncos,
One other spot up for grabs - maybe Bulldogs or Knights, doubt the Tigers make the 8

southsport

First Grade

I'm a glass half full type of person and you are a glass half empty type of person. ;)

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm a glass half full type of person and you are a glass half empty type of person. ;)
I’d rather be realistic you know that, rather than getting my hopes up and pumped for something that is unlikely to happen then get a hit like a tonne of bricks when it doesn’t eventuates!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah somewhere in the top 8, but maybe not top 4 unless the New youngins' in the forwards can surprise.
Top 4 in no particular order: Roosters, Manly, Eels, Canberra
Then: Melbourne, Souths, Broncos,
One other spot up for grabs - maybe Bulldogs or Knights, doubt the Tigers make the 8
I think you’ve nailed it mate, most predictions on other sites of fans who love NRL have us about 6th too. I’d be happy with that considering how much we have lost. Sometimes you have to go a little backwards to go forwards.

southsport

First Grade
I’d rather be realistic you know that, rather than getting my hopes up and pumped for something that is unlikely to happen then get a hit like a tonne of bricks when it doesn’t eventuates!
Oh dear, you're defeated before you even start ! ;)

Latest posts